Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[PFF] 2021 NFL Mock Draft

Here's one of the first mock drafts from PFF for the 2021 NFL draft:

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-2021-nfl-mock-draft-trevor-lawrence-is-still-the-jets-pick-at-no-1-overall-justin-fields-to-the-giants-at-no-2

Colts' pick:

22. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS – CB TYSON CAMPBELL, GEORGIA

At 6-foot-2, Campbell has the length profile the Colts love at corner — they  love themselves some corners who can bully at the line of scrimmage. If you go watch Campbell against Seth Williams of Auburn this year, he does just that. In that game, he only allowed four receptions on eight targets for 34 yards with a pass-breakup.

Interesting tidbits from the mock draft: 

- 3 QBs go in the top 3... and the third one is... Zach Wilson, NOT Trey Lance. 

- Florida TE Kyle Pitts goes no. 5 to Dallas

- Michigan EDGE defender Kwity Paye is the first DL prospect to go in the draft at no. 8. 

- 5QBs. 4 OTs, 4 CBs, 4 EDGE, 5 WRs go in R1 ... those are the strong positions in the draft it seems. 

• stitches changed the title to [PFF] 2021 NFL Mock Draft
1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

LT and edge rusher first.

WR may not be a need, should Michael Pittman Jr. break out.

TY, MP Jr, Campbell, Pascal, Johnson, Patmon is a solid, albeit unspectacular WR group.

TY will most likely be gone in the offseason, so a replacement for him will be needed opposite Pittman on the outside. And Campbell is still an unknown and needs to stay healthy. Maybe changing up his conditioning may help. 

6 hours ago, stitches said:

Here's one of the first mock drafts from PFF for the 2021 NFL draft:

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-2021-nfl-mock-draft-trevor-lawrence-is-still-the-jets-pick-at-no-1-overall-justin-fields-to-the-giants-at-no-2

Colts' pick:

Interesting tidbits from the mock draft: 

- 3 QBs go in the top 3... and the third one is... Zach Wilson, NOT Trey Lance. 

- Florida TE Kyle Pitts goes no. 5 to Dallas

- Michigan EDGE defender Kwity Paye is the first DL prospect to go in the draft at no. 8. 

- 5QBs. 4 OTs, 4 CBs, 4 EDGE, 5 WRs go in R1 ... those are the strong positions in the draft it seems. 

Too early for me to start looking at the draft (are the players even playing enough to give us good tape?), but its good to think that the depth in the college crop aligns with our needs pretty well.

LT will be our biggest need and the good ones don't really last past round 1.  Of course, QB wouldn't hurt.  All the other needs are second tier compared to those two, IMO.

19 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I doubt the Jets and the Giants both take a QB, but if they do I'm okay with trading a 3rd or 4th for Darnold.

The Jets will take Lawrence and the Giants will take Fields IMO. 

The Giants rumors having them moving on from Jones. They have had two years to look at him and he hasn't impressed anyone. 

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Jets will take Lawrence and the Giants will take Fields IMO. 

The Giants rumors having them moving on from Jones. They have had two years to look at him and he hasn't impressed anyone. 

Idk, The jets I can see but I think Judge is a smart coach and will get Gettleman to trade it for a kings ransom worth of picks to bring talent to the defense, OL, and WR position

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

Idk, The jets I can see but I think Judge is a smart coach and will get Gettleman to trade it for a kings ransom worth of picks to bring talent to the defense, OL, and WR position

Could be but will Gettleman or Mara/Tisch look at things different? It's easy to want the shiny new seat filler. 

Archived