Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Comparison of Preparedness and Attention to Detail: Harbaugh versus Reich

JPFolks

5 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Just my opinion but don't think it was JB fault. How many times does a backup qb come in to throw a hail merry?

Like a chess player that plans moves ahead Reich should have know he was thinking a hail merry may be in play AND should have gave Brissett a heads up.

We we know when a QB gets a delay of game penalty he is not prepared. :sarcasm:

20 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Just my opinion but don't think it was JB fault. How many times does a backup qb come in to throw a hail merry?

Like a chess player that plans moves ahead Reich should have know he was thinking a hail merry may be in play AND should have gave Brissett a heads up.

I was putting the blame on Reich. (hence the comparison of head coach preparedness).  It's on Reich all the way. 

This is a very good post by the OP and an astute observation, great for comparison sake as well too. I think Frank Reich is a good guy, has forgotten more football than most people know, and is more successful than 99% of people who have ever played the game. As a coach in the NFL though, he’s been fired from every single job he has had. Save for the one season he was “co-coordinator” in Philadelphia, which looks more and more like a random team catching lightning in a bottle. He only got this job after McDaniels backed out and other choices had been hired elsewhere. People loved him because of his use of analytics but the league has largely caught up to him. His days as an NFL head coach are numbered.

Archived