Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Noodle Arm

AKB

10 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

Leaf’s addiction struggles occurred after his brief NFL “career”.  His flameout in the league was a result of immaturity, poor work ethic and ultimately, injuries & refusal to accept a demotion with the Buccaneers. Ryan even admits that his substance abuse postdated his time in the NFL.

I was pointing out the differences in the mental aspects of the two. 

Leaf's mental weakness was a result that was caused by his failure while George's problems were because of his inability to accept a team concept. He didn't have the capabilities to be a leader. 

George really wasn't a bust like Leaf was. George did have quite a few good games within his career. 

He had a very good season in 1997 with the Raiders. 3,927 yds, 29 tds and 9 picks. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/13/2020 at 1:21 AM, AustinnKaine said:

He still has a noodle arm lol. Special teams won that game. We had one long pass? Yeah read the OP. I never said he can't have an average game. 

Well the Colts had one punt the whole game so Rivers must have been doing something a little more than having a noodle arm. 

21 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Man, the point is that Rivers suck. Who do I know, well if you ask any non Indy Loyalist, they will say the same (Dan Dokich, and 90% of fox and ESPN). 

Lastly for all the Loyalist, if Philip is so good, where does he rank on the Colts team? Guess what he isn't even top 3 on his own team. Maybe even not 5 so how is this guy worth $25 mill?

So before you say disparaging comments answer my question as to where does Philip rank on this team, before you give him any kind of credit. BTW, Ryan Tannehill (former dolphin QB) Is better than Philip (moved into 5th overall in passing yards) smh.

Yeah he sucks lmao , we are 6-3 in 1st place and he is completing 70% of his passes. You have no idea what you are talking about. All you do is spew negativity and I would take Rivers over Tannehill easily, Tannehill is a game manager and without Henry he would be below average. 

20 hours ago, Stephen said:

He does that to look for a better option  instead  of taking what the defense  gives him

If that first option results in a TD or first down, he should just take it. Both those instances with Burton and MAC could have been TDs and in the red zone, the areas are squeezed, so you take it and do not wait that additional split second, so many things can go wrong. Take the certain thing 100% of the time for the completion when you see separation.

Same thing last game vs Ravens, Pascal was open streaking across but Rivers has to roll right and try to find Burton. This game vs the Titans, even when Pascal had a tad separation, he hit him in stride, that seemed to change from the Ravens game to the Titans game. If he passed on the first read vs a blitzing team like the Ravens when the first read is open, more often than not, he will pay the price and so will the team, IMO.

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I was pointing out the differences in the mental aspects of the two. 

Leaf's mental weakness was a result that was caused by his failure while George's problems were because of his inability to accept a team concept. He didn't have the capabilities to be a leader. 

George really wasn't a bust like Leaf was. George did have quite a few good games within his career. 

He had a very good season in 1997 with the Raiders. 3,927 yds, 29 tds and 9 picks. 

I remember when George signed with the Raiders - he claimed to be the second coming of Daryle Lamonica! 

• 1 month later...

So anyone want to talk about the fact that he threw an int when we were driving to win? 

Anyone wanna talk about how on the next drive, he threw it into double coverage, and the defender luckily dropped the ball?

Anyone wanna talk about him missing zach pascal who as wide open on the 4th down? 

Anyone wanna talk about how he can't even make it 5 yards outside the pocket?

Anyone wanna talk about what jacoby thinks deep down inside? 

9 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

So anyone want to talk about the fact that he threw an int when we were driving to win? 

Anyone wanna talk about how on the next drive, he threw it into double coverage, and the defender luckily dropped the ball?

Anyone wanna talk about him missing zach pascal who as wide open on the 4th down? 

Who cares what Jacoby thinks?

He's not the starter nor should he be

41 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Why don't we ever really hear from you until the Colts lose?

5 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Why don't we ever really hear from you until the Colts lose?

I read every single day. 

I would say because there are enough people who say good job. I mean overall I am extremely impressed with Chris Ballard. Honestly, I even like Frank. I just don't think he should be calling plays the ENTIRE game. It just seems like we get outcoached after halftime more often than not. 

Then we get onto the case of Rivers. I will admit that what he brings between the ears is unique, and some would even say ELITE. I would agree. Best example is that hurry up on 4th down, swing pass to the right to 28. Beautiful. 

But let's be real here, I've been calling it since week 4. We are hindered by Rivers against good teams. I don't know how else to put it. Sometimes it's more Rivers fault, sometimes its on Frank. Today we saw a combination of both, and both are doing exactly what I said was the issue, weeks ago.

Rivers, isn't seeing the field well, which is supposed to be his strength. He threw so many bad passes today. Sure, the velocity was there, but the accuracy wasn't. So either we get underhand baby throws, or we get balls that are uncatchable. 

I think the strength of this team will truly shine when we can get a QB who can move. Did you watch Tannehill and Rodgers tonight? Jacoby isn't Josh Allen, but I think the trade off between IQ, and mobility might swing in 7s favor. 

So, no I am not only negative. This is one of my favoirte things to do, watch Colts football. However, when I smell something bad, I'm gonna start looking around the house to see what it is. And in my opinion (thankfully it can be different than yours) is that Rivers is done. 

41 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I read every single day. 

You may read, but you only feel the need to weigh in when you have something to complain about, mainly our starting QB whether it’s warranted or not.  

I would say because there are enough people who say good job. I mean overall I am extremely impressed with Chris Ballard. Honestly, I even like Frank. I just don't think he should be calling plays the ENTIRE game. It just seems like we get outcoached after halftime more often than not.

I agree, it’s about time Riech turns over playcalling duties to Nick Sirianni, with the option to dictate in certain situations since as Head Coach he is ultimately responsible. 

Then we get onto the case of Rivers. I will admit that what he brings between the ears is unique, and some would even say ELITE. I would agree. Best example is that hurry up on 4th down, swing pass to the right to 28. Beautiful.

Agreed

But let's be real here, I've been calling it since week 4. We are hindered by Rivers against good teams. I don't know how else to put it. Sometimes it's more Rivers fault, sometimes its on Frank. Today we saw a combination of both, and both are doing exactly what I said was the issue, weeks ago.

Rivers did have 2 turnovers, his 1st lost fumble on the season & his 1st pick in 4 games but I blame Frank more, for abandoning the run after we got up big. 

Rivers, isn't seeing the field well, which is supposed to be his strength. He threw so many bad passes today. Sure, the velocity was there, but the accuracy wasn't. So either we get underhand baby throws, or we get balls that are uncatchable.

Perhaps being rushed all game due to both starting tackles being out, and 1 on their replacements going down as well had something to do with that – all the more reason to run the ball.

I think the strength of this team will truly shine when we can get a QB who can move. Did you watch Tannehill and Rodgers tonight? Jacoby isn't Josh Allen, but I think the trade off between IQ, and mobility might swing in 7s favor.

I doubt it, Jacoby had a full season last year to show make his case as a starting QB in the NFL, and he left the Colts wanting.

"So, no I am not only negative. This is one of my favoirte things to do, watch Colts football. However, when I smell something bad, I'm gonna start looking around the house to see what it is. And in my opinion (thankfully it can be different than yours) is that Rivers is done. 

Thankfully, my opinion is shared by Colts management & coaching, and Philip will probably be starting for the Colts next season, regardless of your “reservations”.

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

You may read, but you only feel the need to weigh in when you have something to complain about, mainly our starting QB whether it’s warranted or not.  
[QUOTE]I would say because there are enough people who say good job. I mean overall I am extremely impressed with Chris Ballard. Honestly, I even like Frank. I just don't think he should be calling plays the ENTIRE game. It just seems like we get outcoached after halftime more often than not. [QUOTE/]
I agree, it’s about time Riech turns over playcalling duties to Nick Sirianni, with the option to dictate in certain situations since as Head Coach he is ultimately responsible.
[QUOTE]Then we get onto the case of Rivers. I will admit that what he brings between the ears is unique, and some would even say ELITE. I would agree. Best example is that hurry up on 4th down, swing pass to the right to 28. Beautiful. [QUOTE/]
Agreed
[QUOTE]But let's be real here, I've been calling it since week 4. We are hindered by Rivers against good teams. I don't know how else to put it. Sometimes it's more Rivers fault, sometimes its on Frank. Today we saw a combination of both, and both are doing exactly what I said was the issue, weeks ago. [QUOTE/]
Rivers did have 2 turnovers, his 1st lost fumble on the season & his 1st pick in 4 games but I blame Frank more, for abandoning the run after we got up big. 
[QUOTE]Rivers, isn't seeing the field well, which is supposed to be his strength. He threw so many bad passes today. Sure, the velocity was there, but the accuracy wasn't. So either we get underhand baby throws, or we get balls that are uncatchable. [QUOTE/]
Perhaps being rushed all game due to both starting tackles being out, and 1 on their replacements going down as well had something to do with that – all the more reason to run the ball.

[QUOTE]I think the strength of this team will truly shine when we can get a QB who can move. Did you watch Tannehill and Rodgers tonight? Jacoby isn't Josh Allen, but I think the trade off between IQ, and mobility might swing in 7s favor. [QUOTE/] 
I doubt it, Jacoby had a full season last year to show make his case as a starting QB in the NFL, and he left the Colts wanting.
[QUOTE]So, no I am not only negative. This is one of my favoirte things to do, watch Colts football. However, when I smell something bad, I'm gonna start looking around the house to see what it is. And in my opinion (thankfully it can be different than yours) is that Rivers is done. [QUOTE/]
Thankfully, my opinion is shared by Colts management & coaching, and Philip will probably be starting for the Colts next season, regardless of your “reservations”.

I thought Rivers played fine, even his INT was like a punt. No he didn't come through at the end with the game winning drive but he had some great throws. The deep one to Pascal was a beauty. Rivers was far from the problem today, getting away from running Taylor, REFS, and not being to create any turnovers really was the difference.

10 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

[QUOTE]“I would say because there are enough people who say good job. I mean overall I am extremely impressed with Chris Ballard. Honestly, I even like Frank. I just don't think he should be calling plays the ENTIRE game. It just seems like we get outcoached after halftime more often than not.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]“Then we get onto the case of Rivers. I will admit that what he brings between the ears is unique, and some would even say ELITE. I would agree. Best example is that hurry up on 4th down, swing pass to the right to 28. Beautiful.“[/QUOTE] 

Agreed

[QUOTE]But let's be real here, I've been calling it since week 4. We are hindered by Rivers against good teams. I don't know how else to put it. Sometimes it's more Rivers fault, sometimes its on Frank. Today we saw a combination of both, and both are doing exactly what I said was the issue, weeks ago. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]“Rivers, isn't seeing the field well, which is supposed to be his strength. He threw so many bad passes today. Sure, the velocity was there, but the accuracy wasn't. So either we get underhand baby throws, or we get balls that are uncatchable.“[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]“I think the strength of this team will truly shine when we can get a QB who can move. Did you watch Tannehill and Rodgers tonight? Jacoby isn't Josh Allen, but I think the trade off between IQ, and mobility might swing in 7s favor. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]“So, no I am not only negative. This is one of my favoirte things to do, watch Colts football. However, when I smell something bad, I'm gonna start looking around the house to see what it is. And in my opinion (thankfully it can be different than yours) is that Rivers is done. [/QUOTE]

We'll have to revisit this in the offseason to see who is correct. 

Just now, Lancer1 said:

We will, but I’m confident that Rivers will be brought back regardless of what happens next weekend, and in any potential postseason games.

I have more confidence in McDonald's ice cream machine working. 

Rivers as put any talk of noddle arm to bed these past 8 games and even the announcers laughed at the incorrect narrative. He's zipping it like he always has, decision making much better this season behind our stout O Line so his ints plunged from last year and Chargers mess. When he doesnt have time he still forces when behind in a game but has nothing at all to do with arm strength has to do with judgement.

I don’t think arm strength really matters . Manning put up 55 touchdowns with a noodle arm .  When rivers has no turnovers I don’t think the colts lost a game this year. Every single loss rivers has a turnover .  The one Titans game I think is the only exception.   When rivers doesn’t turn the ball over he is elite . 

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I don’t think arm strength really matters . Manning put up 55 touchdowns with a noodle arm .  When rivers has no turnovers I don’t think the colts lost a game this year. Every single loss rivers has a turnover .  The one Titans game I think is the only exception.   When rivers doesn’t turn the ball over he is elite . 

The fact that he has started every game, and as a quarterback handles the ball on virtually every offensive play but didn't lose a fumble until yesterday in the second to last regular season game is pretty impressive, especially considering the substitutions we've had to make on the O-line this season.

8 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Do you think that this team would be 10-5 and contending for a likely playoff spot with Jacoby at QB? (Rhetorical question)

What I find interesting is that you use the title "Noodle Arm" to give the impression that it is his throwing that you find fault with. Yet, this statement says you want a "quarterback who can move". Jacoby "can move" but Rivers is a much more productive and overall better QB.

2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

The fact that he has started every game, and as a quarterback handles the ball on virtually every offensive play but didn't lose a fumble until yesterday in the second to last regular season game is pretty impressive, especially considering the substitutions we've had to make on the O-line this season.

I truly believe if rivers cleaned up his turnovers early in his careeer he would be in the same sentence as Brady and have a ring . He is a great qb but like manning in pressure situations lacks the killer drive . 

Obviously rivers is the best option right now colts are picking to high to get a day one starter in the draft . I rather go 11 and 5 with rivers then go 7and 9 with a rookie .   As frustrating as rivers can be at times he is still the best option. I just do not believe he can win a ring here unless the colts defense can be a legit top 3 defense and we get better weapons . 

I followed Rivers since he was drafted.  Sitting on the bench behind Brees.  He is not perfect.  I HAVE seen in big games sometimes he makes throws that make you scratch your head.  Like that pass on the final drive that was easily intercepted.  Bad pass.  Who knows...maybe all the really good QB's do the same thing at times...but you have to take the bad with the good.  I have also seen him make clutch throws to win big games.  But he does have a reputation for the interception at times...no way does he have a noodle arm...but sometimes..a bit of a noodle brain :>)  Like i said before in a post...he's the best you got by far right now.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

I truly believe if rivers cleaned up his turnovers early in his careeer he would be in the same sentence as Brady and have a ring . He is a great qb but like manning in pressure situations lacks the killer drive . 

Early in his career he didn't commit alot of turnovers, he was years into his starting career before he ever threw 3 picks in a game. Drew Brees couldn't do much with those Charger teams with both LT & Gates in their prime. By the time Rivers got on the field, the AFC was dominated by quarterbacks like Brady, Manning, Big Ben et cetera and so to even get to a Superbowl, you had to go through 1 or more of them and that is the biggest reason that he has failed to win a championship so far.

13 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Congratulations. 

It’s still not because he has a “noodle arm”. It’s because these are things he does regularly. This is who Rivers is. And if anything, we as Colts fans are lucky because we haven’t had near as much of it this season as the Chargers did throughout various seasons. 

And no one gives a crap what Jacoby thinks. His bags should have been packed and waiting by the door the moment they cast him aside for Rivers. He’ll have a deal in place to return to New England as soon as the tampering window opens. 

Archived