Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why the colts are the NFL's most frustrating team.

TheBlueAndWhite

I get things were frustratingly bad for our team yesterday but this is article is completely one-sided and doesn’t address 2 BIG things that sucked the life out of our team. A fumble by Taylor and a dubious interception call changed the whole dynamic of the game. Things that aren’t Phillips fault. 

With that said the play calling was still suspect and predictable which ultimately did us in for the day. 

Need to get creative and FAST with what we got as the next 2 games will decide the season. And for gods sake use Taylor more

:rantoff:

16 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

I get things were frustratingly bad for our team yesterday but this is article is completely one-sided and doesn’t address 2 BIG things that sucked the life out of our team. A fumble by Taylor and a dubious interception call changed the whole dynamic of the game. Things that aren’t Phillips fault. 

With that said the play calling was still suspect and predictable which ultimately did us in for the day. 

Need to get creative and FAST with what we got as the next 2 games will decide the season. And for gods sake use Taylor more

I agree that the call was bad, but the throw was worse. It should have been intercepted in the first place. We were looking for the refs to bail us out.

1 hour ago, adubb84 said:

The dubious interception call was a result of a terrible Rivers pass. So yes is was Rivers fault. 

1 hour ago, Flash7 said:

I agree that the call was bad, but the throw was worse. It should have been intercepted in the first place. We were looking for the refs to bail us out.

IIRC there were two other passes that should have been INTs.

Also...that INT came the very next play after a fumble recovery when BAL was 1st and goal from the 3. It was a net positive for the Colts considering where they were a play before.

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

Andy dalton took his team to the playoffs 4 times . Rivers took his team 5 times .  Dalton played way less then rivers .   I don’t see a huge difference . Obviously rivers is better but it’s not a huge difference.  

How many playoff games did Dalton win? Zero. Rivers is 5-6 in playoffs which is respectable considering the level of competition. 

5 hours ago, adubb84 said:

I could be  worse. Look at Tampa Bay against the Saints. Sometimes, the wheels just fall off.

5 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Hate to say it, but I'm glad it was only a year contract. 

Is it, though? Brissett is gone, and rightfully so. And there’s no argument against letting him go, so that split just suits us all. 

But are they just going to turn it over to Eason? 

I have a hard time believing they would do that. Maybe if they were making him active on game days and not Jacoby I’d be more willing to buy that idea. But as things stand right now?

Nah. Seems unlikely if not downright impossible. 

Do they intend to go all in on a guy like Prescott? It makes sense. He’s earned the chance to be a franchise QB, and he has all the reason in the world to tell Jerry Jones to go * up a rope and drink what comes down. Sure, the Cowboys could tag him again, but if Dak has taken issue with what has gone on for him there then I could definitely see him leaving. And I wouldn’t be mad to have him. He’s no Manning or Brady, but he’s probably a much better fit for what Reich wants to be than we’ve seen in the past 2 seasons. 

Beyond that the options are starting a day 1 rookie, or taking a real big chance on a player like Nick Mullins, who is only a RFA so even that might not be a viable option. 

I don’t see Ballard getting competitive for the services of Prescott, so be ready for the very real possibility of Rivers being right where he’s at again next season doing that old Rivers thing he does. 

We’ve got a lot more Sundays flipping that coin and seeing if it lands on good Rivers or bad Rivers than we deserve, tbh. 

11 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I don’t see Ballard getting competitive for the services of Prescott, so be ready for the very real possibility of Rivers being right where he’s at again next season doing that old Rivers thing he does. 

We’ve got a lot more Sundays flipping that coin and seeing if it lands on good Rivers or bad Rivers than we deserve, tbh. 

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, adubb84 said:

As others have said and as Rivers said himself, that INT was on Rivers.  While the INT itself was questionable, it was a stupid decision for Rivers to throw into tight coverage and on top of that it was a horrible, underthrown ball.  The one thing we have in common in all three losses this year is that Rivers makes at least one very bad decision coupled with a bad throw that results in an INT at a critical time in the game.  Versus Jax and CLE, he threw two INTs... yesterday his one was combined with Taylor's fumble.

25 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Teddy bridgewater??

The Panthers have lost their last 4 games, all by one score or less.  In 2 of those 4 games Bridgewater has thrown a costly pick on the Panthers last drive allowing the opponent to run out the clock.  While Bridgewater is younger and likely has more miles left on him, he's not doing any more to help the 3-6 Panthers win by making bad plays in key situations than Rivers is doing to help the 5-3 Colts win.

Until we get the QB situation fixed and get WR that don’t get injured we are going to be mediocre.  I understand why we signed Rivers but we might of been better off letting Eason and Brissett battle to start. Or let Brissett start and have in on a short leash. We do have to realize we had only one offseason to find the future. We do need to be a little patient. I do trust Ballard he will get it fixed. There really was no QB options to go get. 

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Until we get the QB situation fixed and get WR that don’t get injured we are going to be mediocre.  I understand why we signed Rivers but we might of been better off letting Eason and Brissett battle to start. Or let Brissett start and have in on a short leash. We do have to realize we had only one offseason to find the future. We do need to be a little patient. I do trust Ballard he will get it fixed. There really was no QB options to go get. 

Trade up for Herbert?? 

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Let this sink in. Houston has Watson.....Titans have Tannehill and Jags have a shot at Lawrence and for sure Fields. We have washed qb and a 4th rounder as the hier apparent. Yes the future looks bright. Keep building Ballard.

Id take our team over Houston or Jacksonville RN. Houston traded away a top 5 pick to Dolphins and arent gonna be winning anything anytime soon.

25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The only trade partner was the lions or Washington. Neither of them were going to give up who they picked and drop to 13.

U dont know that. Lions picked a corner at #3 and the Giants and Oline men. We  picked #13.  It is not like we were picking in the 20s. This is the Goff trade. Rams acquired the #1 pick in the 2016 draft from the Titans, along with a fourth (#113) and sixth (#177). Rams traded #15, 43, 45, 76 and 2017 first and third round picks. We would have to pay less.  Is Herbert worth it?  U bet. Ballard and Reich said Brissett was a starter. They even reworked his contract to reflect starter money. They said they can win with Rivers. Get ready for a string of losses. This stretch is brutal.  I am not sure if even Ballard had Herbert or Tua that high. Not sure  I even trust them evaluating qbs. Even Eason strikes out. That is 0 for 3.

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Id take our team over Houston or Jacksonville RN. Houston traded away a top 5 pick to Dolphins and arent gonna be winning anything anytime soon.

U r right. However,we maybe entering uncharted territory, which teams like Buffalo and Miami went through for years. What  is that u say? Going years without a franchise qb after your franchise qb retires. Just saying.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U dont know that. Lions picked a corner at #3 and the Giants and Oline men. We  picked #13.  It is not like we were picking in the 20s. This is the Goff trade. Rams acquired the #1 pick in the 2016 draft from the Titans, along with a fourth (#113) and sixth (#177). Rams traded #15, 43, 45, 76 and 2017 first and third round picks. We would have to pay less.  Is Herbert worth it?  U bet. Ballard and Reich said Brissett was a starter. They even reworked his contract to reflect starter money. They said they can win with Rivers. Get ready for a string of losses. This stretch is brutal.  I am not sure if even Ballard had Herbert or Tua that high. Not sure  I even trust them evaluating qbs. Even Eason strikes out. That is 0 for 3.

There's really no way of telling what Ballard was willing to trade up for Herbert or Tua. Perhaps the value was too much in his eyes.

Even giving up future 1 would have been worth it for Herbert IMO.

8 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Is it, though? Brissett is gone, and rightfully so. And there’s no argument against letting him go, so that split just suits us all. 

But are they just going to turn it over to Eason? 

I have a hard time believing they would do that. Maybe if they were making him active on game days and not Jacoby I’d be more willing to buy that idea. But as things stand right now?

Nah. Seems unlikely if not downright impossible. 

Do they intend to go all in on a guy like Prescott? It makes sense. He’s earned the chance to be a franchise QB, and he has all the reason in the world to tell Jerry Jones to go * up a rope and drink what comes down. Sure, the Cowboys could tag him again, but if Dak has taken issue with what has gone on for him there then I could definitely see him leaving. And I wouldn’t be mad to have him. He’s no Manning or Brady, but he’s probably a much better fit for what Reich wants to be than we’ve seen in the past 2 seasons. 

Beyond that the options are starting a day 1 rookie, or taking a real big chance on a player like Nick Mullins, who is only a RFA so even that might not be a viable option. 

Dak is not the answer.  He pada his stats late in games when his team is down by 20 points.  He is Cousins twin. Plus, u never know how he is going to return from injury

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U r right. However,we maybe entering uncharted territory, which teams like Buffalo and Miami went through for years. What  is that u say? Going years without a franchise qb after your franchise qb retires. Just saying.

I strongly believe 1st pick will be DE or LT and they will bring back Rivers.

There are some options in 1st for QB that could be option

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Dak is not the answer.  He pada his stats late in games when his team is down by 20 points.  He is Cousins twin. Plus, u never know how he is going to return from injury

let the dumb Cowboys throw 40+ his way

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I strongly believe 1st pick will be DE or LT and they will bring back Rivers.

There are some options in 1st for QB that could be option

let the dumb Cowboys throw 40+ his way

I hope to god this team does not bring Rivers back. I have seen enough. He js just so immobile.....it is frightening. If Eason is not the answer, we need to find out next year. This Ballard build is going to take like 7 years to get a franchise qb if ever.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I hope to god this team does not bring Rivers back. I have seen enough. He js just so immobile.....it is frightening. If Eason is not the answer, we need to find out next year. This Ballard build is going to take like 7 years to get a franchise qb if ever.

Patience my friend

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If these next three games put us out of the playoffs maybe we actually go see Eason. It’s time if we are out of playoff contention.

I wouldn't count on it, considering we were out of the play offs for the last couple of games last season and stuck with Brissett instead of trying out Kelly. Hopefully we are contending for the playoffs the whole way through this season though.

The Giants are losing by 2 and three points lately and the Jets frustrated their fans last night by blowing the Pats game. The Falcons might be the most frustrating team. Perhaps the Chargers could be. What's more frustrating losing close ones or blanking the first half of the season?

Archived