Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Titans TNF Predictions

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Colts 20 Titans 26    Board has a complete meltdown and @PrincetonTiger makes several post telling everybody Everything Will Be Ok    

Obviously must-win for both teams.  I think we'd be happy to split with you guys over the next few weeks, but whomever controls this competition controls the AFC South playoff race. We have not had go

I predict the Colts will look awesome for half the game.   

51 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well when Luck walked out the odds of the Colts reaching the super bowl went way down. 

The odds of finding a QB with the talent level of Luck are very low. 

So yes, when Luck walked out the narrative does lay the blame on Luck. 

If Luck was not going to play then Ballard would have drafted different. Luck walking out not only put Ballard in a bind it put the whole team in a bind as well. WE are still feeling the repercussions of Luck leaving. 

The odds of finding a talent like Manning's were even lower so yes you could make that karmic argument considering 18 went on to multiple SBs, and the Colts have not won 12 games since he left....something that was as regular as a heartbeat while he was here. 

Mind you, there was a section of the Colts fanbase that felt Luck should have been traded BEFORE that '18 season. It's not like Indy didn't have that option. So when we're talking of responsibility for Indy not being a SB contender, lets bear in mind, it's not just on one guy and there are ALWAYS options.

*Teams with < Luck at QB have made the SB. Last year Jimmy G took his team there, how great is he? Jared Goff has been recently as well. It helps having a top 5 QB but it's no guarantee and smart GMs prep accordingly (dig up what people said/still say about Bill Polian).

**I'll never unlikely ever agree that Luck 'screwed' the Colts just as I don't necessarily agree that the Colts screwed Indy. Things happen, it's life.

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

The odds of finding a talent like Manning's were even lower so yes you could make that karmic argument considering 18 went on to multiple SBs, and the Colts have not won 12 games since he left....something that was as regular as a heartbeat while he was here. 

Three 11-5 seasons in a row with a AFC championship game. 

Does that ring a bell? 

Plus take into consideration Luck faced tougher competition than Manning did in the AFC south. That in itself was worth a couple of wins a season. 

As far as Manning making multiple super bowls after leaving his one super bowl win was not because of his great play. The Broncos won in spite of Manning that year. 

• Like 1

Titans defense isn’t the best so hopefully we can take advantage. Hopefully we can get lots of pressure with Lewan out. I don’t have a  good feeling though. I hate Thursday night games. Especially coming off a physical ravens game. Offense is going to have to put some points up because I don’t think the defense is going to be very good on a short week.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Three 11-5 seasons in a row with a AFC championship game. 

Does that ring a bell? 

Plus take into consideration Luck faced tougher competition than Manning did in the AFC south. That in itself was worth a couple of wins a season. 

As far as Manning making multiple super bowls after leaving his one super bowl win was not because of his great play. The Broncos won in spite of Manning that year. 

12 > 11. :)

Luck didnt face stiffer competition than Manning in the AFCS. Sorry I don't really agree. I remember the Titans having McNair who won co-MVP and who were a tough matchup most times. The Jags had their sprinkling of good years in between the trash (as they did when Luck was here). Houston were....yeah, Houston were actively bad, can't deny that one. This is a great point to debate though. Who had the rougher NFL opposition, Andrew or Peyton?

The Broncos won that one SB inspire of Peyton. The other years though, they achieved all they did because of him. You could argue he was due that one. Oh, and after everything we saw with Brissett and we're seeing with Rivers, are you telling me you still underestimate how important it is to have a QB who KNOWS what the heck he's seeing even if his arm may not be what it once was?

1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

12 > 11. :)

Luck didnt face stiffer competition than Manning in the AFCS. Sorry I don't really agree. I remember the Titans having McNair who won co-MVP and who were a tough matchup most times. The Jags had their sprinkling of good years in between the trash (as they did when Luck was here). Houston were....yeah, Houston were actively bad, can't deny that one. This is a great point to debate though. Who had the rougher NFL opposition, Andrew or Peyton?

The Broncos won that one SB inspire of Peyton. The other years though, they achieved all they did because of him. You could argue he was due that one. Oh, and after everything we saw with Brissett and we're seeing with Rivers, are you telling me you still underestimate how important it is to have a QB who KNOWS what the heck he's seeing even if his arm may not be what it once was?

So put your own twist to what I said. 

No thanks. 

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well when Luck walked out the odds of the Colts reaching the super bowl went way down. 

The odds of finding a QB with the talent level of Luck are very low. 

So yes, when Luck walked out the narrative does lay the blame on Luck. 

If Luck was not going to play then Ballard would have drafted different. Luck walking out not only put Ballard in a bind it put the whole team in a bind as well. WE are still feeling the repercussions of Luck leaving. 

Yup. I love what Luck gave the Colts. Totally respect his play and his ability to elevate the team. But his quitting when he did screwed this team badly. They built a team around him. They drafted based upon his being their QB. And then he walked one week before the season began. People give him a pass because of the beating he took through the Grigson years. I get that. But if he was going to quit he needed to give the team a heads up well before he did. Whatever his mindset, he had to know he was leaving his team high and dry. Sorry. The way he retired totally destroyed the Colts’ immediate future. THAT I cannot forgive. 
And it explains the Colts’ current struggles at QB. 

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

Yup. I love what Luck gave the Colts. Totally respect his play and his ability to elevate the team. But his quitting when he did screwed this team badly. They built a team around him. They drafted based upon his being their QB. And then he walked one week before the season began. People give him a pass because of the beating he took through the Grigson years. I get that. But if he was going to quit he needed to give the team a heads up well before he did. Whatever his mindset, he had to know he was leaving his team high and dry. Sorry. The way he retired totally destroyed the Colts’ immediate future. THAT I cannot forgive. 
And it explains the Colts’ current struggles at QB. 

The thing is he walked after having his best year (or 2nd depending what numbers you want to count).

He was only sacked 18 times that season. He had the best rating of his career also.

I agree I loved his play as a QB but that soured with him walking out.

And now we have a few who are wanting to put Ballard on a hot seat? 

I wonder what it done to the psyche of this team? 

Our Colts really are one of the hardest teams to bet on - you never know how they will show up. Titans have found their stride so unfortunately, I'm gonna have to pick them to win... 24-17. I think our run D will do well stopping Henry but we really need to make sure we put a lot of pressure on tannehill, I'm still not completely sold on him despite his recent form. Very excited for this game, even though I'll have to watch it in the middle of the night/early AM where I am.

13 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

With my fantasy team in a tight race to reach the playoffs, I am making a personal sacrifice in order to help our Colts tonight.

Starting Derrick Henry and AJ Brown.  Think I will also pick up the TEN defense from free agency and start them too.

You're welcome everyone.

It worked!  To hell with my league!

• Like 1