Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Titans TNF Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, danlhart87 said:

Colts 20 Titans 26 

Board has a complete meltdown and @PrincetonTiger makes several post telling everybody Everything Will Be Ok

I think we pull the upset off, Tannehill is good but Lamar is better. I would make Tannehill try and beat us and just key on Henry. We can stop the run for the most part anyway. Colts win 20-17 and will be in 1st place in the South after Thursday. It will be a tough defensive battle.

41 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

The Titans D is not as stout but their offense is probably a little more dynamic.  I see more scoring in this one.  I have no choice but to pick the Colts and hope I'm right.  I'll say Colts 27-24.

I'll ditto that..... 27-24 Colts :thmup:

Colts 28 - Titans 17. 

If we can stop their running game, which I think we can, we should be in good shape.  My biggest concern is our tendency in losses to have self-inflicted wounds at key moments (e.g., the pick 6 vs. jacksonville or today's fumble return for TD and the INT on first drive of second half).  If we can avoid them, I like our odds.

Don't want to see the season head into the crapper yet.

As usual I'm picking the Colts :thmup: 21-20 in an underwear change game. 

(Figured I'd keep the dooty theme going)

Seriously talk, we need this though. Once you start dropping division games getting into the dance gets complicated.

The Colts D may slow down Henry but probably leave themselves vulnerable to the pass in the process. Eberfus pass D usually plays soft anyway, and Tannehill capable of carving our secondary up by playing toss & catch with his receivers. 

As far as I know Reich's playbook/playcalling and old man Rivers will both be there and if they have a repeat showing of ineptness like they did vs Ravens the results will probably be similar. 

We have playing on road in primetime going against us too.

I'll give my official pick before game time but our offense needs to do a 180 and we need play more press coverage if we are to win.

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The Colts D may slow down Henry but probably leave themselves vulnerable to the pass in the process. Eberfus pass D usually plays soft anyway, and Tannehill capable of carving our secondary up by playing toss & catch with his receivers. 

As far as I know Reich's playbook/playcalling and old man Rivers will both be there and if they have a repeat showing of ineptness like they did vs Ravens the results will probably be similar. 

We have playing on road in primetime going against us too.

I'll give my official pick before game time but our offense needs to do a 180 and we need play more press coverage if we are to win.

yeah im ready for Brissett. Let Rivers coach.

This game here in reality will show us where we stand. It is a huge division game on the road against a team most are picking to win the division. We can't turn the ball over and we have to establish a run game. I think our D will show up, Tannehill is beatable. This is Rivers chance to prove he can carry us to big wins. Winning this game would erase today's loss easily.

I'll say 24-20 Colts. The defense did a good job yesterday, our offense just sucked. I believe this is a good matchup for us against Tenn, we can probably beat them. If not, we don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway.

This is a must-win game Thursday. If we lose, we are in big trouble with the remaining 2nd half schedule.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll say 24-20 Colts. The defense did a good job yesterday, our offense just sucked. I believe this is a good matchup for us against Tenn, we can probably beat them. If not, we don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway.

This is a must-win game Thursday. If we lose, we are in big trouble with the remaining 2nd half schedule.

Yep. I am treating this like a playoff game, that is how big it is. If we can't beat them then we sure have no chance against the Ravens again or KC or Pitt.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. I am treating this like a playoff game, that is how big it is. If we can't beat them then we sure have no chance against the Ravens again or KC or Pitt.

Yep, I hope the locker room is treating this the same way we are. Look at the circumstances, realize the schedule ahead of you, and play playoff football Vs the Titans Thursday. Our cushion is gone after yesterday, now there's 0 room for error. Start playing like your season depends on it and do your very best. Reich is not immune to this either, he has coached very poorly at times the first half of the season and we've had mostly a cupcake schedule before yesterday.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, I hope the locker room is treating this the same way we are. Look at the circumstances, realize the schedule ahead of you, and play playoff football Vs the Titans Thursday. Our cushion is gone after yesterday, now there's 0 room for error. Start playing like your season depends on it and do your very best. Reich is not immune to this either, he has coached very poorly at times the first half of the season and we've had mostly a cupcake schedule before yesterday.

Yep. It is time to show up and go all out. If we win that game we are in the driver seat in the South. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we pull the upset off, Tannehill is good but Lamar is better. I would make Tannehill try and beat us and just key on Henry. We can stop the run for the most part anyway. Colts win 20-17 and will be in 1st place in the South after Thursday. It will be a tough defensive battle.

Tannehill is way better in the last two years tannehill has better stats then Mahomes . This is not the 2012 tannehill he is scoring 30 a game their offense is clicking .   The colts will have trouble scoring over 20 .  I hate to be negative but I see the colts repeating last year and going 8-8 

Henry is going to have a real nice game in one of these two matchups, and I honestly think it could be this one. The defense played a tough game yesterday, so they’re going to be tired. 

Henry didn’t have to work all that hard at all yesterday so he should be plenty fresh. It’s a prime time game, the Titans can use this game to really pad their division lead... 

We’ve got our work cut out for us Thursday night. 

We are definitely at a disadvantage playing against them Thursday because Baltimore's offense is so unique.  The fewer days of prep against Tenn in this respect. 

That being said I think we match up really well against running oriented teams.

Tenn def is way different than Balts.  The Ravens put a lot of pressure on teams with exotic Blitz schemes to be able to run and throw hot reads which can be difficult with inexperienced receivers.  I think this favors the Colts.

I don't know what to expect once again.  Gonna call in homer Colts 24-17

If it is bad Rivers, everyone will cry me a river. :( 

Rivers has had some good road Thursday Night games - remember the 2013 season when he went to Denver and beat the high flying Broncos and Peyton on the road 27-20, I think. Then I remember 2018 when he converted a 2 pt. conversion to Mike Williams to beat Mahomes and the Chiefs in Arrowhead to win 29-28.

This one will be a close one because divisional games always are. My concern is A J Brown and our zone defense that Tannehill might pick apart on a short week. We need to run the ball real well to give our D's legs a rest on a short week which will matter as the game goes on. Having said all the above, Rivers since 2019 in one score games against winning teams has not been good.

I am afraid the score might be Titans 24 Colts 20 mainly because of the short week and Rivers' recent record against winning teams in 1 score games.

8 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I don’t think we win this one.  

We have a short week of game planning (obv so do the Titans, but our offense has been suspect) and Rivers has less time to recover.

Unfortunately, I am with you.

The Titans' D became better with addition by subtraction. They let go of Vic Beasley and Jonathan Joseph. Then Clowney was inactive, chances are he is inactive for our game as well. Plus, they added Desmond King from the Chargers. Their D played much better vs the Bears compared to how they played the Bengals or the Steelers. Plus, on a short week, it typically favors the home defense.

Archived