Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep your head up


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What about drafting one? I felt they should have went after their guy this year. They picked at #13 and could have traded up. Now they will have mediocre years with Rivers taking them put of contention to get a franchise qb.  Gives Ballard an exscuse to reset in 2 years and start all over

There was really no place to move up to. Maybe with the lions. Dolphins and chargers took TUA and Herbert and 5 and 6. There was really no where to trade up to.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's loss is awful but the Ravens are a very tough playoff caliber team.   Lets try our best to move forward and get ready to play the Titans!    

This is more on Ballard.  He assembled this team through drafting and free agency. He picked this style of D and the D coach. This O line is not getting it done. The offence is playing left handed bec

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

There was really no place to move up to. Maybe with the lions. Dolphins and chargers took TUA and Herbert and 5 and 6. There was really no where to trade up to.

Yep. Ballard figured out he wouldn't get Tua or Herbert unless he traded up, and the price must of been too high. So he went with the option of trading the 13th pick for Buckner and signing Rivers for a year. That eventually gave us Rivers, Brissett, and Eason. Which looks strong, but won't be enough. Next year, we need a QB early in the draft, no excuses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Then he should of done it in the spring after the season or at least given us one more year. 

 

 

Oakland beat the chargers. Dolphins are tied up with the cardinals. The afc is to good this year. 

 

Colfs 5-3

raiders 5-3

Browns 5-3

dolohins could be 5-3 after their game is over.

 

With our tough schedule and Reich not understanding how to use his players it’s not looking good. Only two of those teams will make it.

I was monitoring the Chargers/Raiders game, yet another heartbreaker for the Bolts.

 

As for Luck, he probably intended to play but as the season approached, probably found  that his heart wasn't in it anymore after constant rehab year after year. Considering that the Colts also had Brissett, Andrew probably didn't think he was leaving his team too high & dry but in the end, he needs to make his health and ability to be there for his family his priority.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's true, it has become his job now. He tried to patch us up for a year with Rivers while trading our first rounder for Buckner. It has had mixed results. Next year, we have to draft a QB, no excuses. It's a good QB class, and there should be plenty in the first round.

I don’t think Buckner has had mixed results. We weren’t getting a QB at 13 who was ready and there was no where to move up too. That was the right move.

 

Rivers would of been there after the draft. I would of liked to wait until after the draft to sign him. Then maybe we could of just went with Eason. But with covid that did kind of change everything so we were kind of stuck because Eason wouldn’t of had enough time anyway. Ballard needs to know what he has in Eason and start getting him s few plays a game. We already know what Jacoby is. He needs to know if Eason can show smoothing before the draft. Second Reich needs to turnover play calling to someone else.

 

We were prepared for this game. We showed we could hang it’s them the first half. We just don’t have the weapons or the playcalling to keep us in the game. We hung with them pretty well and are so close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think Buckner has had mixed results. We weren’t getting a QB at 13 who was ready and there was no where to move up too. That was the right move.

 

Rivers would of been there after the draft. I would of liked to wait until after the draft to sign him. Then maybe we could of just went with Eason. But with covid that did kind of change everything so we were kind of stuck because Eason wouldn’t of had enough time anyway. Ballard needs to know what he has in Eason and start getting him s few plays a game. We already know what Jacoby is. He needs to know if Eason can show smoothing before the draft. Second Reich needs to turnover play calling to someone else.

 

We were prepared for this game. We showed we could hang it’s them the first half. We just don’t have the weapons or the playcalling to keep us in the game. We hung with them pretty well and are so close.

I meant the combination of trading for Buckner and signing Rivers instead of drafting a QB early has had mixed results. I should of clarified that better. Buckner has been great for us, Rivers has been a mixed bag. That's all I meant by that comment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep. Ballard figured out he wouldn't get Tua or Herbert unless he traded up, and the price must of been too high. So he went with the option of trading the 13th pick for Buckner and signing Rivers for a year. That eventually gave us Rivers, Brissett, and Eason. Which looks strong, but won't be enough. Next year, we need a QB early in the draft, no excuses.

I don’t know if we need one without knowing what Eason can do. That’s why I said it is so important to get him some plays. We know Brissett. We need to find out what Eason can do. It can’t hurt giving him a few plays. The perfect time to have done that was the first 8 weeks. Could of got him a entire quarter in the jets game and some in the lions game. It was a huge mistake to keep Jacoby.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We near 'let's tank the rest of the year' around here yet??? Lol

 

Still got more building to do unfortunately. Let's hope the D stays motivated the next couple seasons until we find the future franchise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know if we need one without knowing what Eason can do. That’s why I said it is so important to get him some plays. We know Brissett. We need to find out what Eason can do. It can’t hurt giving him a few plays. The perfect time to have done that was the first 8 weeks. Could of got him a entire quarter in the jets game and some in the lions game. It was a huge mistake to keep Jacoby.

I agree completely. They should not repeat the same thing they did with Kelly, but they can't help themselves. If the Colts do start to lose games, then I hope we see what we have in Eason. He will be the only QB under contract next year after all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree completely. They should not repeat the same thing they did with Kelly, but they can't help themselves. If the Colts do start to lose games, then I hope we see what we have in Eason. He will be the only QB under contract next year after all.

They clearly didn’t think Kelly had any kind of future with us. But it was still dumb not to let him play the last game of the season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No, this is so wrong. TY missing the game didn't hurt anything. He is a JAG at this point. I would rather have Fountain, Harris, Patmon, or Johnson on the field than Hilton that puts up two catches a game. I wanted to trade Hilton at the trade deadline, and I'm still sticking to that. Hilton wouldn't of done anything for this team. Great with Luck when he was younger, now he's 30 with Rivers at QB. No use to this team anymore IMO.

It looked like our p squad players were misreading routes all day.  TY would have been valuable in this game with hot read routes v. That blitz.  This is a game he would have been helpful with all the experience,

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JPFolks said:

 

 

I pointed out they won two Super Bowls with bad QBs.  Playmakers can't do anything if they don't have an effective QB.  Which weaker offenses have won Super Bowls since then? Even the Pats had aging clutch playmakers though they only scored 13 against the Rams.  

 

Now if you guys are saying our WRs and RBs and TEs are all garbage players, then who would be to blame for that?

 

Baltimore won those specific years because of their stellar D first and foremost.   Like them we do have playmakers on our team, they just all play on Defense.  

Both Ravens SB victories included great running backs at the too of their game.  Also the second Super Bowl run the defense was not great .  Flacco played like an absolute world beater that playoff run.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Unless there was much more going on he should of played and made the decision in the spring before the draft. Or told them after the season in 2018. There is no way he wasn’t thinking about it after that season. 

 

We are so dang close. We need to figure out the QB and get some better WR. Then get a future left tackle. Getting these things will fix most other things. When you get the offense right the defense has a lot less pressure. 

We aren’t that close.  Wr, QB, and LT are the most difficult talent to get.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Both Ravens SB victories included great running backs at the too of their game.  Also the second Super Bowl run the defense was not great .  Flacco played like an absolute world beater that playoff run.

Yep 11tds 0 interceptions 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's true, it has become his job now. He tried to patch us up for a year with Rivers while trading our first rounder for Buckner. It has had mixed results. Next year, we have to draft a QB, no excuses. It's a good QB class, and there should be plenty in the first round.

My biggest criticism of  the Buckner trade is this. By making that trade, Ballard is essentially saying we r in win now mode. I think he over valued his talent and drafts. I never thought with Rivers we were close. I felt maybe 500 or 9and 7. Now lets say we let Rivers walk and go with Eason or a  rookie next year. Buckner will b regressing most likely by the time your next qb hits his stride.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nickster said:

Both Ravens SB victories included great running backs at the too of their game.  Also the second Super Bowl run the defense was not great .  Flacco played like an absolute world beater that playoff run.

Also to your point, Flacco wasn't a bad QB (Flacco in his prime was above average), Dilfer I would say was below average but wasn't bad so still a difference. When Dilfer was the QB he had the best defense of all-time in 2000 so that makes up for it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

My biggest criticism of  the Buckner trade is this. By making that trade, Ballard is essentially saying we r in win now mode. I think he over valued his talent and drafts. I never thought with Rivers we were close. I felt maybe 500 or 9and 7. Now lets say we let Rivers walk and go with Eason or a  rookie next year. Buckner will b regressing most likely by the time your next qb hits his stride.

Counting this year we have Buckner for five seasons. There is plenty of time. That was a very good trade. He has made such a huge difference. Plus we weren’t getting any of the top 3 QB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

I think the most frustrating thing for me is, when Reich came here, he was supposed to be this offensive minded guru, the brains behind the great philly offense to the superbowl. But outside of a handful of odd gadget plays, (most being on the goal line), I've never seen such a timid, vanilla offense in my life.

 

I'm fully aware we have a playmaker issue on the offense, don't get me wrong. But the play calling has been abysmal. We constantly run up the gut in 8 and 9 man boxes. Find me an Oline that can block that, and RB's who can average over 4.5 yards doing that. The other team knows whats coming and he doesn't change it. 

 

Then we finally find a few things that are working (Pittman catching everything thrown in his reach, Cox being uncoverable over the middle, or getting Harris and Hines the ball in open field), he stops doing it! They had no answer for Pittman and Cox over the middle, and I think Pittman was only targeted 5 times.

 

Last year we thought the play calling was vanilla, and we were so run heavy was Reich knowing Brissett didn't cut it. But now we have a QB, who loves to throw the ball, particularly deep, and we still won't draw anything up outside of one or 2 deep passes off of play action a game. So whats the excuse now?

IMO...Frank Reich’s playcalling has been the biggest disappointment this season thus far. I really thought he was better than this. I had a high opinion of him going into this season.  This year he has been baffling. Not calling for his job or anything but he needs to be held accountable and it’s time for him to step his game up. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Counting this year we have Buckner for five seasons. There is plenty of time. That was a very good trade. He has made such a huge difference. Plus we weren’t getting any of the top 3 QB.

5 years but hoe many of those in his prime? Maybe 3 more....then the slide

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

My biggest criticism of  the Buckner trade is this. By making that trade, Ballard is essentially saying we r in win now mode. I think he over valued his talent and drafts. I never thought with Rivers we were close. I felt maybe 500 or 9and 7. Now lets say we let Rivers walk and go with Eason or a  rookie next year. Buckner will b regressing most likely by the time your next qb hits his stride.

Buckner should be the least of your worries 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it we start the first couple of drives with a nice balanced attack and the. It goes down the crapper. Last year we blamed Jacoby for the second half issues. Maybe it’s s Reich problrm. For the Colture said after the  TN game Reich should give up the play calling to Nick and see what happens. We need a young offensive mind.

13 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

5 years but hoe many of those in his prime? Maybe 3 more....then the slide

All five years are his prime. He is only 26. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...