Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 5 things you want to see vs Baltimore

EastStreet

Mine are:

1. Good Philip Rivers, not bad Philip Rivers. He's been on fire lately. Need that to contine

2. More aggressive D. More blitzing and hoping the zone is strong, not soft.

3. Several "big" sets with 2 of the following 3..... Pittman, Mo, Patmon

4. Fountain or Harris to step up. Either will do. Both would be awesome.

5. A strong day from our DBs. No deep burns like last week.

Just missed the cut:

I would have said JT stepping up, but that's a huge ask vs Baltimore's run D. I have a feeling we'll have another week of JT bashing... 

1. Continued Improvement in the Run Game: It appears some of these issues have been attributed more to JT and less of the Oline given the past few weeks. With that said, I'd still like to see them run the ball better throughout the game and not get yards in the 4th quarter when the other team is simply worn down. Wilkins will be a key factor.

2. Pass Rush Getting Home: I know this may be a difficult week to do it against Jackson but I'd like for the defense to continue to get sacks. They got home quite a bit last week thanks to rushing 5 and overwhelming the Lions offensive line. I look for a similar plan going forward to help the pass rush get home.

3. Good Rivers: Felipe' Rios has been on fire these past few weeks and I want to see that continue. Frank needs to continue calling a steady stream of downfield passes for Rivers now that we see he can still make it happen.

4. Heavy Tight End Usage: I fully expect the TE's to be a major factor in this game with Johnson banged up and TY likely not playing among other injuries. Frank loves his TE's and so does Rivers so I expect to see more of it.

5. Continued Red Zone Improvement: The Colts have improved in the red zone significantly the past few weeks and I'd like to see that trend continue as well.

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Mine are:

1. Good Philip Rivers, not bad Philip Rivers. He's been on fire lately. Need that to contine

2. More aggressive D. More blitzing and hoping the zone is strong, not soft.

3. Several "big" sets with 2 of the following 3..... Pittman, Mo, Patmon

4. Fountain or Harris to step up. Either will do. Both would be awesome.

5. A strong day from our DBs. No deep burns like last week.

Just missed the cut:

I would have said JT stepping up, but that's a huge ask vs Baltimore's run D. I have a feeling we'll have another week of JT bashing... 

But when is the dominate/elite O line going to come out and out perform a very good D front?  I am still waiting. 

I want to see smart football:

1.  No turnovers or dropped passes

2.  No penalties or bad play-calls

3.  No getting beat deep or missed tackles

4.  No missed blocks or miscommunications on blitz pickups

5.  No trying to do too much, resulting in injury

Just play simple, smart, sound football, and let the Ravens beat themselves with their own mistakes.

Archived