Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How DeForest Buckner Causes Havoc | Film Study

coming on strong

I'm happy the Colts got Defo. smh The Colts haven't had a DT this elite since never. And is the biggest reason why this defense did a 180 from prior years. Eberflus was never the issue with this team, rather a lack of talent at key positions i.e. DT/NT. No more AL Woods, or whoever at DT. Now we have a household name. The crazy part is that much of what Defo brings will not show up on the stat sheets.

More importantly, every deep playoff pushing team has a premier DT. And Ballard knows this for a fact.

Pitts- Heywood / Tuit

Seahawks - Jarren Reed (Bama)

Chiefs - Jones

Bills - ED Oliver 

Ravens - Brandon Williams/ Calais Cambpell ( The U | Human Garbage Truck (his voice))

5 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

I'm happy the Colts got Defo. smh The Colts haven't had a DT this elite since never. And is the biggest reason why this defense did a 180 from prior years. Eberflus was never the issue with this team, rather a lack of talent at key positions i.e. DT/NT. No more AL Woods, or whoever at DT. Now we have a household name. The crazy part is that much of what Defo brings will not show up on the stat sheets.

More importantly, every deep playoff pushing team has a premier DT. And Ballard knows this for a fact.

Pitts- Heywood / Tuit

Chiefs - Jones

Bills - ED Oliver 

Ravens - Brandon Williams/ Calais Cambpell ( The U | Human Garbage Truck (his voice))

grover has also played lights out this year , he has taken a big step forward 2 years in a row .   He will keep getting better and be a elite level nose tackle very soon .

6 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Pitts- Heywood / Tuit

Chiefs - Jones

Bills - ED Oliver 

Oliver is a bust

1 hour ago, bestQBever said:

I can't wait until Kemoko gets back to 100% and our D line transcends space and time.

if ben can step up and be what ballard thinks he can be the colts could have the best defensive line in football by far

58 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

You can include Day in the mix and yes they are getting better as the season progresses.

well see how he plays on sunday  .   getting day back is gonna be huge

44 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Oliver is a bust

How sway? Did he not have 5 sacks his rookie year (From the DT position)? I gave 7 or so examples to drive home a point that you missed. You need a premier DT not a leased one while making a deep playoff push. But please, go on. How is Ed Oliver a bust? 

10 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

How sway? Did he not have 5 sacks his rookie year (From the DT position)? I gave 7 or so examples to drive home a point that you missed. You need a premier DT not a leased one while making a deep playoff push. But please, go on. How is Ed Oliver a bust? 

5 last year and 1 this year thru almost 1/2 the season. Thats a sign of a player going in the wrong direction. He was undersized but projected to be a pass rushing DT. I can go on if u wish!!

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

5 last year and 1 this year thru almost 1/2 the season. Thats a sign of a player going in the wrong direction. He was undersized but projected to be a pass rushing DT. I can go on if u wish!!

Ok so out of 7 examples you found one that is questionable. How about the other 6? lol

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Huh?  All i said was that he was a bust and that is not questionable given his career.   

I made a paragraph to highlight a point that Defo is premier DT and every team who's expected to make a playoff push i.e. (Steelers, Ravens, Cheifs, Bills, etc) has this position addressed adequately. How have you contributed to this conversation? except that 1 of 7 examples you have a problem with. Ok bro. you won.

Just now, Rackeen305 said:

I made a paragraph to highlight a point that Defo is premier DT and every team who's expected to make a playoff push i.e. (Steelers, Ravens, Cheifs, Bills, etc) has this position addressed adequately. How have you contributed to this conversation? except that 1 of 7 examples you have a problem with. Ok bro. you won.

My point is this. Yea, the players u mentioned, some of them, r elite. However, if they didnt play for the reams u mentioned, they would still b deep play off teams

16 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

My point is this. Yea, the players u mentioned, some of them, r elite. However, if they didnt play for the reams u mentioned, they would still b deep play off teams

But my point isn't your hypothetical. Why would you like to change my point to something that doesn't exist? Instead of dealing with the points at hand, you bring up: 1) Washington has the best front 7. and 2) If said players didn't play for respective teams, the teams would be fine...

Both of your points has nothing to do with defo being dominant, and that the playoff teams I mention have premier DTs. I gave examples to support my premise. Not to hypothetically disprove my point as you have.

Long story short, I know what you are thinking. You are most likely under the assumption that "Oh, when the Colts went to the Superbowl, they didn't have a premier DT".

Look my friend, Peyton Manning is not walking through those locker room doors no time soon. Even Tom Brady had Vince Wilfork. Big Ben has Cam Heyward.

Do you remember who lined up at DT for the 2012 Giants?

Chris Canty and Linval Joseph = pressure 

16 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

But my point isn't your hypothetical. Why would you like to change my point to something that doesn't exist? Instead of dealing with the points at hand, you bring up: 1) Washington has the best front 7. and 2) If said players didn't play for respective teams, the teams would be fine...

Both of your points has nothing to do with defo being dominant, and that the playoff teams I mention have premier DTs. I gave examples to support my premise. Not to hypothetically disprove my point as you have.

Long story short, I know what you are thinking. You are most likely under the assumption that "Oh, when the Colts went to the Superbowl, they didn't have a premier DT".

Look my friend, Peyton Manning is not walking through those locker room doors no time soon. Even Tom Brady had Vince Wilfork. Big Ben has Cam Heyward.

Do you remember who lined up at DT for the 2012 Giants?

Chris Canty and Linval Joseph = pressure 

That DE lineup for the Giants were also beastly...

JPP, Justin Tuck, Osi.

Archived