Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ashlon Jeffery

I've seen several mocks with jeffery falling to the 3rd round would you guys be ok with taking him at the top of the third??

He is a beast when he wants to be

And there is your problem. He's not falling to the 3rd. With how his combine went and very recently how his pro day went he looks to be closer to being in the 1st round, but he's definitely going to be gone by the 2nd. He seems to be taking this more seriously than some though and is currently in great shape from what the reports are.

@GamecockFB - Alshon Jeffery weighed in at 213 lbs. Vert jump 36.5 and 10-2 broad jump at #ProDaySC#Gamecocks

Apparently he ran the 40 in the high 4.4s which is a good sign. If he keeps this up he'll still have a shot of going in the 1st round.

Edit: 40 times for Alshon Jeffery from Kevin Weidl

Clocked jeffery at a 4.38 first 40 attempt

Jeffery 4.47 on second attempt

Scouts i talked to Clocked jeffery anywhere from high 4.4's to.low 4.5's. Im in the stands so don't have a clear shot.

And there is your problem. He's not falling to the 3rd. With how his combine went and very recently how his pro day went he looks to be closer to being in the 1st round, but he's definitely going to be gone by the 2nd. He seems to be taking this more seriously than some though and is currently in great shape from what the reports are.

@GamecockFB - Alshon Jeffery weighed in at 213 lbs. Vert jump 36.5 and 10-2 broad jump at #ProDaySC#Gamecocks

Apparently he ran the 40 in the high 4.4s which is a good sign. If he keeps this up he'll still have a shot of going in the 1st round.

Scouts i talked to Clocked jeffery anywhere from high 4.4's to.low 4.5's. Im in the stands so don't have a clear shot.

would you take him in the 2nd

Well when he balloons we can just use him at TE :lol:

I am indifferent towards Jeffrey. If Grigson has him rated higher than any other prospect on his board when the time comes, then I wouldn't necessarily be upset or anything if he picked him.

A tall, fast w/o is something I always wanted for Peyton, but Polian never went there. Hopefully Grigson can find one for Luck, of which I think there will be comparable talent available in the 3-4 range (Quick/Streeter/Criner/Childs/MJones/Sanu/Toon).

Depends who's there, but not likely. I'd take Stephen Hill, Reuben Randle and Coby Fleener over him easily.

Reuben Randal might still be there. It's likely that Stephen Hill and Fleener will be gone though. I've seen mocks with the Colts taking Randal in the 2nd. I'd be good with either Randal or Jeffery or Alfonzo Dennard CB in the 2nd round.