Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We are officially 1/2 way through 2020 Season

danlhart87

Players

Biggest surprise - Joe Burrow.  I knew he was good, but I was still willing to call part of it just hype.  Uh...  No.  He really is that good.

Biggest disappointment - Sam Darnold.  He's not this bad.  He really isn't.  He didn't do this poorly last year.  But, geez, is he playing awful.

Teams

Biggest surprise - Browns.  I thought they were gonna implode after last year, with OBJ looking like he was gonna blow up, and Baker Mayfield looking like we was going backwards.  But, no, they've got some talent, and they've put it to good use.  Nobody is shouting 'me me me'.  They're doing what teams are supposed to when they are striving to be the best they can be.

Biggest disappointment - Cowboys.  On paper, they were the best team money could buy.  With high-priced talented players all over their roster.  Why are they doing this badly?

Players

Surprise: Joe Burrow. I've watched the Bengals on Game Pass, and he is the real deal.  Has made some rookie mistakes, but the talent is there. 

Disappointment: Cam Newton. He seemed to be a good fit in NE at first, but things just haven't worked out.

Teams

Surprise: Miami Dolphins. They have some talented players and the top defense in the NFL. Didn't see that coming. 

Disappointment: Dallas Cowboys. No words to describe how they've fallen. 

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Players

Surprise: Joe Burrow. I've watched the Bengals on Game Pass, and he is the real deal.  Has made some rookie mistakes, but the talent is there. 

Disappointment: Cam Newton. He seemed to be a good fit in NE at first, but things just haven't worked out.

Teams

Surprise: Miami Dolphins. They have some talented players and the top defense in the NFL. Didn't see that coming. 

Disappointment: Dallas Cowboys. No words to describe how they've fallen. 

i like your answers but I would swap Herbert for Burrow.  splitting hairs a bit I guess.   I was just more surprised with Herbert. 

Cam is a good choice for disappointment.    

Players wise 

Who is your biggest surprise - Amongst rookies, Justin Herbert. I knew he would be good but not this good. He has exceeded all my expectations. Amongst 2nd and 3rd year players, Josh Allen has really taken the leap they said he would with his accuracy and production.

Who is your biggest disappointment  - Lamar Jackson. I thought he would take another step with his passing game but he has not done that.

Team wise 

Who is your biggest surprise - Arizona Cardinals. That team is pesky and knows how to fight all around. 

Who is your biggest disappointment - The whole NFC East. The quality of football as a whole is average. 

Players:

Surprise: Ben Roethlisberger. He has looked great after serious elbow surgery.

Disappointment: Michael Thomas. He is single handily running the Saints season.

Teams:

Surprise: Chicago - they have terrible QB play but could win the North

Disappointment - The Patriots - I figured they would come crashing down but did not expect them to be one of the worst teams in the league with the worst QB play.

Archived