Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Giants QB Daniel Jones

I just watched the Giants Bucs game and I have never watched Jones until tonight. That is one inaccurate QB. He had three wide open TD receivers and over threw all of them. What a shme because the Bucs struggled. The Giants could have easily won that game with  decent thrower.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I just watched the Giants Bucs game and I have never watched Jones until tonight. That is one inaccurate QB. He had three wide open TD receivers and over threw all of them. What a shme because the Bucs struggled. The Giants could have easily won that game with  decent thrower.

He forces a lot of throws in coverage when pressured. You gotta learn when to take sack or throw it away. 

Yep, @jshipp23 will tell you we need to trade for Daniel Jones. :thmup:

His decision making has not improved at all. 2 INTs trying to play hero ball, throwing it away and taking sacks is part of playing good QB. Being accurate is also very important, he was all over the place. Brady is a HOF mainly because of his pocket presence and accuracy, which was on full display in the game, but that shouldn't surprise anyone.

Josh Allen finally figured it out in Year 3. Let us hope for the Giants sake Daniel Jones makes a similar Year 3 jump.

I still love his talent...He tries to do too much and has a horrible line...He is still young..With good coaching and maturity I believe he will end up being a great QB..He played bad last night I agree...

I hope he plays awful and they give up on him and we can get him for a bag of peanuts..

16 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I still love his talent...He tries to do too much and has a horrible line...He is still young..With good coaching and maturity I believe he will end up being a great QB..He played bad last night I agree...

I hope he plays awful and they give up on him and we can get him for a bag of peanuts..

Makes you wonder though, why does WFT give up on Haskins for similar reasons while the Giants stick with Daniel Jones and the Titans with Mariota etc.? Why can't they just go with the understanding that all young QBs need to be coached up on the nuances?

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Is accuracy teachable?  I've seen plenty from scouts over the years that perhaps with proper mechanics but past that, not really.

21 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Is accuracy teachable?  I've seen plenty from scouts over the years that perhaps with proper mechanics but past that, not really.

Accuracy can be slightly improved with chemistry and continuity. You understand the speed and timing of your pass catchers if you have worked with them for a couple of years. Happened with Josh Allen to an extent this year because accuracy was his biggest knock coming out of the draft but yes, like you said, there is only so much you can improve the accuracy if it is not something you are known for. When you lose teammates and continuity with different systems and pass catchers, it makes it harder.

3 hours ago, jskinnz said:

"The young quarterback, he is still trying to do too much..But God bless him, he is hard to handle, and he is a kid who thinks he can make a play.."-Bruce Arians

This is the issue with thinking that every 2nd year QB is the next Mahomes. QB is a position that can take years to develop. I think Jones will be fine moving forward. New York needs to stick with him to see where he is for their future at QB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, King Colt said:

See, I've also watched games where he was very accurate..He had a bad game, he was amped up playing against Brady and was off...I wouldn't judge him off that 1 game...Youtube the Bucs and Giants game last year..He played great that game and brought them back to win..

On 11/3/2020 at 7:34 AM, chad72 said:

Makes you wonder though, why does WFT give up on Haskins for similar reasons while the Giants stick with Daniel Jones and the Titans with Mariota etc.? Why can't they just go with the understanding that all young QBs need to be coached up on the nuances?

Good question. It's just my take, but I think it may have to do with what they see behind the scenes, (practices, meetings) and other qualities. 

They may both (Jones & Haskins) have issues with accuracy, but perhaps one is working his tail off to improve and lead the team while the other is not? Maybe one of them is putting in the time to learn the offense better and study opposing defenses, and the other is not. And for that reason, the Giants still see hope in their young QB because they think that he can improve while the other is not showing enough and it's already evident that it's time to move on.

Just my thoughts without any data to back it up.

13 hours ago, ColtJax said:

The Giants will kill him like the Jets are killing Darnold. No line to block, no receivers to throw to and a revolving door of coaches. Both are getting killed every game.

Sterling Shepard, Darius Slayton and Evan Engram are all talented enough to throw to, the rest I agree.