Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marlon Humphrey has Covid-19, Ronnie Stanley out for the season (merge)

chad72

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If the Colts are careful and healthy, we have a good chance if Humphrey misses the game. Hope Marlon makes a good recovery, same for Trevor Lawrence on the college side.

I hate to see that, no matter what team they're on.  I'm a Buckeye but I really wanted Lawrence out there against ND.  That game could decide who gets into the playoffs.

Ravens are going to be tough, especially coming off a loss.  

I think their RG left the game yesterday as well although I don't know the extent of the injury.

Mark Ingram missed yesterday with a high ankle issue that is likely to keep him out next week as well.

I hope nothing but the best for Humphrey.  Things get real when it's the virus over an injury.  

14 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I rather they be healthy I think we win either way . It's a good test to play them at full strength. 

I don't wish injury or illness on anyone, but getting a slightly less difficult win over a conference opponent doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Still have the Steelers, Packers, and two against the Titans, if you want a test. Three of those are in the next four weeks. By then, maybe the Texans will have figured out how to play offense again, the Raiders offense is good, Texans again, then the Steelers to put a nice holiday bow on things. 

Our schedule is challenging enough for the rest of the season.

Here is the question how much contact did he have with the rest of the team

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I don't wish injury or illness on anyone, but getting a slightly less difficult win over a conference opponent doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Still have the Steelers, Packers, and two against the Titans, if you want a test. Three of those are in the next four weeks. By then, maybe the Texans will have figured out how to play offense again, the Raiders offense is good, Texans again, then the Steelers to put a nice holiday bow on things. 

Our schedule is challenging enough for the rest of the season.

I will take an easy win

59 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I think their RG left the game yesterday as well although I don't know the extent of the injury.

Mark Ingram missed yesterday with a high ankle issue that is likely to keep him out next week as well.

I hope nothing but the best for Humphrey.  Things get real when it's the virus over an injury.  

They also lost their star LT for the year too. Ravens are banged up a bit. but are still a formible team

41 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I rather they be healthy I think we win either way . It's a good test to play them at full strength. 

Injuries (and now the virus) are part of the game.  Every team has their share.  

I get what you're saying, but by the same token, we're missing our starting RB and slot receiver.

I like our chances.  Baltimore can run really well, but we have pretty dang good run defense with Leonard in there.  We can be susceptible to an accurate passing game - but Jackson’s coming off an inaccurate game and doesn’t have much weaponry in the receiving corps.  If Humphreys is out we could be playing them without two of their three best players...

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I like our chances.  Baltimore can run really well, but we have pretty dang good run defense with Leonard in there.  We can be susceptible to an accurate passing game - but Jackson’s coming off an inaccurate game and doesn’t have much weaponry in the receiving corps.  If Humphreys is out we could be playing them without two of their three best players...

Keep Jackson in the pocket.  

1 hour ago, landrus13 said:

How many other guys will also be out due to tracing? This will be interesting to follow.

Hope he gets well very soon! Don't like to see anyone out, especially with a potentially deadly virus. 

Probably none. Teams seems to be isolating individual players in time...and the others test negative.

While we have been stout against the run, the Ravens present a unique challenge as their entire offense is centered around the read option/triple option game with a dynamic runner in Jackson at qb. This isn’t the typical smash mouth iform or single back, half back dive offense. This is like preparing for a college offense And something that is rarely seen at this level. If we can slow the run and force Jackson to beat us with his arm by staying in the pocket we will have a great shot. Leonard will have to spy Jackson and delay blitz as a second wave in passing situations as he is so dynamic as a runner.

7 close contacts from the Marlon Humphrey positive identified:

Significant chunk of their D, IMO.

At what point will they move our game to Monday and then the subsequent TNF game to Sunday? What is the criteria for that determination?

13 hours ago, Qcolts said:

While we have been stout against the run, the Ravens present a unique challenge as their entire offense is centered around the read option/triple option game with a dynamic runner in Jackson at qb. This isn’t the typical smash mouth iform or single back, half back dive offense. This is like preparing for a college offense And something that is rarely seen at this level. If we can slow the run and force Jackson to beat us with his arm by staying in the pocket we will have a great shot. Leonard will have to spy Jackson and delay blitz as a second wave in passing situations as he is so dynamic as a runner.

Jackson will get outside and get his running yards.  He is too dynamic not to.

But a real positive for Indy is the athleticism and length of Leonard and Okereke.  They can make life for Jackson harder.

Aside from losing a very emotional loss to the Steelers. They lost their top CB  Marlon Humphries injury. Judon (WLB) for ejection. Now with Covid  Judon's backup Tyrus Bower is in quarantine until Sunday. Queen starting (RILB) until Sunday. Given that they also lost their LT Stanley and his backup Tyre Phillips  who also happens to be Orlando Brown's backup. With Orlando Brown moving to LT, Orlando's old position is left to Fluker. There is no more depth so they better stay healthy all game long.  Mark Ingram their starting RB is on IR so they will use DK Dobbins. 

Colts at home is facing a Raven hit hard by injuries and Covid, I think the chances for a win is really good. Ravens can heal up next week when they face the Pats and the following week play the Titans at home. 

My concern is if they do play this game, the risk just seems greater that the virus could be passed on to the Colts. I know everyone will be tested prior to being allowed to play, but these tests still aren't near 100% accurate. And with a known outbreak on the opponent's team just days prior to the game, it just seems riskiER for the Colts. Maybe I'm way off base, and I hope I am, but it concerns me.

32 minutes ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

My concern is if they do play this game, the risk just seems greater that the virus could be passed on to the Colts. I know everyone will be tested prior to being allowed to play, but these tests still aren't near 100% accurate. And with a known outbreak on the opponent's team just days prior to the game, it just seems riskiER for the Colts. Maybe I'm way off base, and I hope I am, but it concerns me.

Doesn't matter. If the game is played, then it's played, and I definitely want to play the Ravens while they are injured and have some players out. The difference between 5-3 and 6-2 is HUGE! That would be a great start to the 1st half of the year if we pull off the upset. I'll take the win however I can get it. We just have to trust the testing and hope for the best.

2 minutes ago, will426 said:

We need to take an early lead then just run the ball force Jackson to throw and he’ll lose this game himself 

I think we need a balanced offense honestly. While establishing the run game is big, we will probably have to put up around 30 points to win. That will take a great Phillip Rivers effort. We can do it, but Jackson is tough because of his ability to run the ball, and I think we will have to do our part on offense. The Ravens will score themselves. Luckily, they will have some players out (including Stanley at LT and probably Humphrey).

5 hours ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

Guys don't really contract it from playing other teams.... If you pay attention, they catch it from guys in the locker room, meetings, and traveling in closed spaces for extended times.... I cohabitated with my wife who had it and never did test positive.... It's a weird illness, but it seems prolonged exposure in small spaces is the real risk. (Sometimes) no idea how I dodged it.....

12 hours ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

With the daily testing teams have to do, anyone that would have caught Covid from Humphrey would test positive by game day. If Humphrey tested positive later in the week, it may be an issue, but a week's worth of testing should be more than sufficient to be able to play a game without risk to our team.

5 hours ago, TheLegend87 said:

Is Judon suspended for the Colts game?

From what I've seen, he hasn't been suspended but is on the Covid list as a player with close contact to Humphrey. I assume all of those guys will be cleared to play Sunday.

• Nadine changed the title to Marlon Humphrey has Covid-19, Ronnie Stanley out for the season (merge)
46 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Updates:

I'm still curious how zero practices this week will affect these guys tomorrow. Starting MLB, starting FS, starting and backup WLBs, backup SAM, and a practice squad CB.

We just need to bring our A game and not worry about anything else. 

To quote Cobra Kai “Strike first, Strike Hard, No Mercy” :) 

On 11/2/2020 at 11:29 AM, chad72 said:

If the Colts are careful and healthy, we have a good chance if Humphrey misses the game. Hope Marlon makes a good recovery, same for Trevor Lawrence on the college side.

On 11/2/2020 at 12:38 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

Here is the question how much contact did he have with the rest of the team

I will take an easy win

Except for Judon who has been cleared, I'm not aware of any test updates and don't have tests from today yet, but even if those 'close contact players that tested negative today (and all days prior) will be cleared, how will they perform without practicing

“It’s impossible to predict,” Harbaugh said. “You see guys who sometimes don’t practice all week and they come out and play the best games of their careers. Other guys struggle. I don’t spend a lot of time being anxious about that because it’s really kind of a waste of time.”

"Following Humphrey’s (positive Covid-19) diagnosis, the Ravens put starting linebackers Patrick Queen, Matthew Judon (cleared) and L.J. Fort on COVID-19 reserve, along with starting safety DeShon Elliott and reserve linebackers Malik Harrison and Tyus Bowser. Backup defensive back Terrell Bonds made the list, too."

Hopefully news is out soon.

10 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Look up 3 posts, Blue.

So that means everybody bit Humphrey and Fort will play? I was under the impression everyone had to pass (negative) Covid test today as well... waiting for that result.

OK just got the update-

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30271899/baltimore-ravens-activate-six-defenders-reserve-covid-19-list

"Five days after being identified as high-risk close contacts to infected All-Pro cornerback Marlon Humphrey, linebackers Patrick Queen, L.J. Fort, Malik Harrison and Tyus Bowser, safety DeShon Elliott, and cornerback Terrell Bonds were removed from the list after they passed testing."

But Fort out anyway.

Archived