Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are 6th currently in AFC

danlhart87

They got through the easy part of the schedule and finishing around .500 last 9 should put us in the playoffs. 

That Titans loss was HUGE! Looking at the upcoming games I'm thinking Steelers and Chiefs are a lock at 1 and 2.

Bills will squeeze out the East from Dolphins! 

I hope Colts don't finish with 7th seed cause they would have to play Pittsburgh or KC.

What are your thoughts?

10 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

They got through the easy part of the schedule and finishing around .500 last 9 should put us in the playoffs. 

That Titans loss was HUGE! Looking at the upcoming games I'm thinking Steelers and Chiefs are a lock at 1 and 2.

Bills will squeeze out the East from Dolphins! 

I hope Colts don't finish with 7th seed cause they would have to play Pittsburgh or KC.

What are your thoughts?

When we signed Rivers, we felt like if he could play like 2018 Rivers, we will win the division this year and host a home playoff game. I still stand by it and I peg us at #4 in the AFC when it is all said and done. :) 

We might play the Ravens or Titans in the wild card playoff game most likely at home.

Its so hard to gauge this team right now, we look really good at times, but we have not had the toughest competition. That same average competition has also made us look bad at times. Next week is exciting I think it's a real measuring stick game to see how good we really are. 

I personally think its safe to say if Rivers doesn't throw picks we have a chance to beat anyone.

Path to the Division crown is simple, win both vs the Titans and the Texans, and extract revenge against the Jags.  Do this and nothing else in the regular season matters all that much.  Squeeze out 1 or 2 other victories as well and then we’re talking about a fantastic regular season.

Go Colts!

53 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Its so hard to gauge this team right now, we look really good at times, but we have not had the toughest competition. That same average competition has also made us look bad at times. Next week is exciting I think it's a real measuring stick game to see how good we really are. 

I personally think its safe to say if Rivers doesn't throw picks we have a chance to beat anyone.

I'm not sure how 'average' that competition is. This season more than most, it truly is a case of ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.

How average has the Colts schedule been when the team beat a Vikes team who just took Green Bay to the back of the woodshed? Cincy is an average team? Okay, ask the Titans about that. 

This season, if you don't bring your A-game, you're getting whooped. This season, I think there isn't truly a dominant side. This tough slate coming up is littered with teams who the Colts can seriously trade blows with IF the team is healthy and plays to the maximum capacity. The Steelers have more warts than almost any 7-0 team you've seen. The Titans are the Titans...stop Henry and 70% of the job is done. Green Bay? Good team...beatable team. The Ravens who're up next? Good team but this isn't last year's Ravens team. I'm not trying to crown the Colts but 0-4, 4-0, 2-2 are all very much possible.

One at a time, Ravens up next, I think if the Colts shut down their running game and make Lamar play as a pocket QB (not easy), there's a very good chance Indy wins.

9 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Path to the Division crown is simple, win both vs the Titans and the Texans, and extract revenge against the Jags.  Do this and nothing else in the regular season matters all that much.  Squeeze out 1 or 2 other victories as well and then we’re talking about a fantastic regular season.

Go Colts!

The main focus is Colts taking care of their own games. We win those and the rest will take care of itself!

4 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

I'm not sure how 'average' that competition is. This season more than most, it truly is a case of ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.

How average has the Colts schedule been when the team beat a Vikes team who just took Green Bay to the back of the woodshed? Cincy is an average team? Okay, ask the Titans about that. 

This season, if you don't bring your A-game, you're getting whooped. This season, I think there isn't truly a dominant side. This tough slate coming up is littered with teams who the Colts can seriously trade blows with IF the team is healthy and plays to the maximum capacity. The Steelers have more warts than almost any 7-0 team you've seen. The Titans are the Titans...stop Henry and 70% of the job is done. Green Bay? Good team...beatable team. The Ravens who're up next? Good team but this isn't last year's Ravens team. I'm not trying to crown the Colts but 0-4, 4-0, 2-2 are all very much possible.

One at a time, Ravens up next, I think if the Colts shut down their running game and make Lamar play as a pocket QB (not easy), there's a very good chance Indy wins.

So if Indy shuts down the #1, and 1B options of the opponents offense, there's a very good chance they win?  Who knew it was that simple!  

I get what you are saying, and I agree....but simply stating shut down the other guys top two options and you give yourself a good chance to win, isn't far from saying score more points before the clock hits zero is the whole of your strategy.....

3 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

So if Indy shuts down the #1, and 1B options of the opponents offense, there's a very good chance they win?  Who knew it was that simple!  

I get what you are saying, and I agree....but simply stating shut down the other guys top two options and you give yourself a good chance to win, isn't far from saying score more points before the clock hits zero is the whole of your strategy.....

It really is that simple. And yeah, score more points than the other guys too.

11 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

The difference is, the Colts are designed to do just that. They are great at stopping the run and forcing teams to throw to beat them. Lamar might still be able to scramble but I think teams are learning how to play him better and the Colts will likely use Leonard as a spy fairly consistently on him.

I also think the Colts are getting better at getting full-blown pressure than they were a few weeks ago even. They are now bringing 5 players in for a pass rush that really puts a lot of matchup pressure on opposing offensive lines. Keep in mind that the Ravens just lost their starting LT for the rest of the season as well (arguably the best LT in the league too.)

45 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

I still think when its said and done just like every other year there will be a clear upper 4 or 5 elite teams, a group of good teams, average and bad. Any given sunday is a thing only to a certain point.  Our opponents this year have a combined record of 18-34, just saying when the season is over its not likely any of the teams we have faced so far will be considered better than average.

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

I think the remaining games are going to be interesting to us. If they play bad as they have in some halfs this season then won't even sniff the playoffs. However, when we have been playing good on offense and defense we can compete with the best of the best. 

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

I still think when its said and done just like every other year there will be a clear upper 4 or 5 elite teams, a group of good teams, average and bad. Any given sunday is a thing only to a certain point.  Our opponents this year have a combined record of 18-34, just saying when the season is over its not likely any of the teams we have faced so far will be considered better than average.

Sure, in any season, there are average teams. Mathematically that is a must.

However, my point is that this season, those so-called average teams seem more able to take down the so-called elite teams than most seasons.

Archived