Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Lions, Sunday, Nov. 1st, 2020, 1:00pm ET

NFLfan

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Passing O was great. Run D was great.

Passing D was iffy, and running O was inconsistent. 

OL did much better IMO pass pro than getting a push for the run game.

Rivers did put up impressive numbers, I must check the avg. yard/carry by our RBs. It still bogs me how could we allow big competitions in +&long situations. It has been a problem since 2012, or at least I think so.

42 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Dude's played 7 games, give him some time.  He could develop ot he could bust, far too early to have any "take" imo.

When comparisons of Saquon are on this board (2018 rookie of the year) and predictions of 1200+ yards rushing. I think a take of being very underwhelming is warranted.

2 minutes ago, USFfan said:

When comparisons of Saquon are on this board (2018 rookie of the year) and predictions of 1200+ yards rushing. I think a take of being very underwhelming is warranted.

Key phrase "on this boad".  The most hyperbolic place in the multiverse......its ok to be underwhelmed but setting your expectation based on a message board with less than half a season actually played seems like jumping the gun.  Kid's 21 and admits his vision isn't up to his own standard.  Who gives a * who message boards compare him to?  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Key phrase "on this boad".  The most hyperbolic place in the multiverse......its ok to be underwhelmed but setting your expectation based on a message board with less than half a season actually played seems like jumping the gun.  Kid's 21 and admits his vision isn't up to his own standard.  Who gives a * who message boards compare him to?  

Will Smith Applause GIF

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

True but the bend don't break is what lets other QBs get the stats. 

I know you are a stat freak but stats don't tell the whole story.

Bend don't break, broke plenty today. Gave up tons of short passes, and even a few deep ones. We were just blessed to get up early and make them one dimensional. Our run D did well early before they abandoned it. 

We actually blitzed more today which is good, but the secondary had some major issues at times. We very lucky the clock ran out on them at the end of the 1H as they were rolling. We could have easily been down 21-20 in the 3rd. I'm just happy for the the time running out, and happier they missed the FG too.

Then add in the Lions fumble when they were knocking at the door on our 25 (when we only had a 6pt lead), and the pick 6 that flipped things. In short, we had some stuff fall our way today. The stats are the stats. Our DBs regardless of stats weren't very good at times.

58 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Rivers did put up impressive numbers, I must check the avg. yard/carry by our RBs. It still bogs me how could we allow big competitions in +&long situations. It has been a problem since 2012, or at least I think so.

this is the second very nice game in a row for Rivers. Very impressed with him using 11 different pass catchers. He get's through reads/progressions so fast. Seems like he's really settling down.

Our y/c was bad. The late stuff by Wilkins made it look better than it was. Our OL just couldn't make holes early on. 

I think we were lucky Golladay was out the 2H. 

47 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Bend don't break, broke plenty today. Gave up tons of short passes, and even a few deep ones. We were just blessed to get up early and make them one dimensional. Our run D did well early before they abandoned it. 

We actually blitzed more today which is good, but the secondary had some major issues at times. We very lucky the clock ran out on them at the end of the 1H as they were rolling. We could have easily been down 21-20 in the 3rd. I'm just happy for the the time running out, and happier they missed the FG too.

Then add in the Lions fumble when they were knocking at the door on our 25 (when we only had a 6pt lead), and the pick 6 that flipped things. In short, we had some stuff fall our way today. The stats are the stats. Our DBs regardless of stats weren't very good at times.

Our defense forced the fumble and had the pick six.

They also had 5 sacks. 

We gave up a 73 yard freak play on a rookie mistake. Yes it happened but take that play away and the stats would look a lot different.

Zone defenses do give up numbers. 

You said stuff fell our way? Well IMO, our defense made things fall our way.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Our defense forced the fumble and had the pick six.

They also had 5 sacks. 

We gave up a 73 yard freak play on a rookie mistake. Yes it happened but take that play away and the stats would look a lot different.

Zone defenses do give up numbers. 

You said stuff fell our way? Well IMO, our defense made things fall our way.

Our front 4, and blitzing made things fall our way.

When I'm talking about bend don't break, I should have said DBs. 

Even if you take away the big play (which that's not how it works), it's still a bottom 10 type of performance in terms of yards.