Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Lions, Sunday, Nov. 1st, 2020, 1:00pm ET

NFLfan

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He just needs time. Coming from a very different system. He'll get his timing down. The over-rotation of RBs hasn't helped that development either.

not sure about the “over-rotation”... Hines and Wilkins both played excellent today. I like the rotation. Keep these guys fresh and let JT learn without pressure of being an every down back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

I mean with this years lack of preseason, to learn our offense and a new running style its gonna take time. I also believe they are limiting his carries so he doesn't hit the rookie wall.

We have to give JT, Pittman, and Campbell time to see the field and develop before we make too many judgment's about Frank's play calling, IMO.  The plan is to have their skills on the field at the same time.  Lets see what happens when the plan actually executes.

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

not sure about the “over-rotation”... Hines and Wilkins both played excellent today. I like the rotation. Keep these guys fresh and let JT learn without pressure of being an every down back.

Hines play distribution should be about 75/25 pass/run.  Its been the opposite since day 1.  We can still line him up in the backfield and throw to him in pattern.  His receiving should then set up his running.  JMO.

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think what he means is instead of coming in for only one run, then subbing out for another RB, give him a full series. When you’re not playing full time, it’s going to limit how good you can be and learn. 

• Like 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

Hines has not run the ball well. He's caught the ball well. Wilkins has run well, but it's to the edge, and late between the Ts as usual. 

If you look at our RB snaps and rushing attempts (not catches), we've over rotated vs most teams. I'm sure he had a slow plan to bring JT along before Mack went down, and is just trying to stick to it as much as possible.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Typical but you know how it is. HotRod hasn't missed an ex point all year, just an off day. Do you know what is wrong with Taylor?

I dont think he is hurt. Just Hines and Wilkins playing better today.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

You must set boundaries 

Everyone knows that when the Colts or Princeton are playing I am not to be bothered

Yeah my non football liking friend would of been watching football today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, USFfan said:

I think you're right. I was converted a Indy fan because of Mack but was all aboard the Taylor train after MM went down. But Jesus man, he can't find a hole if it had hair around it...

Weak take.  He's not much yet for sure, bit that means nothing going forward.  If he's struggling to this level next year? Yeah I'm starting to talk bust, with as easily RB skill translates to NFL.... Just because you bought into the hype, doesn't mean he was ever going to fulfill it, and he still may.