Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots Fire Sale Possible


Recommended Posts

You think maybe this is Belichick's last year also? Fire sale players, stock up on draft picks, then have the next GM/HC figure out their players. I can't picture Belichick having the patience for building-up a new young roster at his age, especially without Brady instilling discipline into them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

You think maybe this is Belichick's last year also? Fire sale players, stock up on draft picks, then have the next GM/HC figure out their players. I can't picture Belichick having the patience for building-up a new young roster at his age, especially without Brady instilling discipline into them.

That is a good question. He for sure wants to catch Shula for the most wins but doubt he can do that in NE post Brady. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Cam Newton can be had for an ashtray overflowing with cigarette butts

That may be overpaying, I think we are asking for a wet sneaker in a bag..

 

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

I would love to get Gilmore or Thuney but only if doesn't cost too much

Thuney be at LEAST a 3rd probably a 2nd.. Gilmore is an elite and coming off a d player of the year season.. so he be more so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

That may be overpaying, I think we are asking for a wet sneaker in a bag..

 

Thuney be at LEAST a 3rd probably a 2nd.. Gilmore is an elite and coming off a d player of the year season.. so he be more so.

What is Gilmore and Thuney contract like currently 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Myles said:

I think all depends on the outcome of this weeks Pat/Bills game.   If they win, they may think they can still win the division.  

Belichick got every GM on speed dial just incase 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I would love to get Gilmore or Thuney but only if doesn't cost too much

 

I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to make fun of your wishes but when I hear something like this, my mind races off to this scenario-

 

I would love to get a Lamborghini Huracan, but only if it doesn't cost much more than a Mustang GT.

 

I'm pretty sure nearly everyone has a desired scenario of their own along those lines. :)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

What is Gilmore and Thuney contract like currently 

Gilmore has one more year for $12 million? And Thuney is under the franchise tag.. which is why a 3rd at least because they get that at least if he walks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Myles said:

I think all depends on the outcome of this weeks Pat/Bills game.   If they win, they may think they can still win the division.  

I’d be shocked if Gilmore is. Patriot by this time on Tuesday.  I say he goes to Seattle for a 2nd and a 4th.  Or maybe TB gets really dumb and sends us a 1st for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JimJaime said:

Gilmore has one more year for $12 million? And Thuney is under the franchise tag.. which is why a 3rd at least because they get that at least if he walks.

Thanks im reluctant now but I think if they lose Bills beat them they will get desperate and Colts might be able to get them cheaper than expected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

I’d be shocked if Gilmore is. Patriot by this time on Tuesday.  I say he goes to Seattle for a 2nd and a 4th.  Or maybe TB gets really dumb and sends us a 1st for him. 

I'm thinking Titans and fans here freak out and call Ballard a joke for no reason 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Thanks im reluctant now but I think if they lose Bills beat them they will get desperate and Colts might be able to get them cheaper than expected.

Why? Gilmore under contract for next year and why would BB accept less than he ghouls get if Thuney walked? Sorry they aren’t going cheaper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Why? Gilmore under contract for next year and why would BB accept less than he ghouls get if Thuney walked? Sorry they aren’t going cheaper.

The media makes it seem like they are desperate to get rid of players 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

The media makes it seem like they are desperate to get rid of players 

This is BB he isn’t ever desperate. He considers himself smarter than everyone else, and in football he usually is.  Gilmore is the only one who I think is definitely gone. And I see a 2nd and like a 5th for him or if a team is desperate for help maybe a 1st. 
 

id love see them fleece Patricia and trade Gilmore for Goliday and a third. Lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

This is BB he isn’t ever desperate. He considers himself smarter than everyone else, and in football he usually is.  Gilmore is the only one who I think is definitely gone. And I see a 2nd and like a 5th for him or if a team is desperate for help maybe a 1st. 
 

id love see them fleece Patricia and trade Gilmore for Goliday and a third. Lol

 

What would it take to get Harry?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

What would it take to get Harry?

I would guess a 4th rounder. That's probably a fair selling point for the Pats. He's still young, and just needs a better QB behind him. Former 1st round pick has talent still.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would guess a 4th rounder. That's probably a fair selling point for the Pats. He's still young, and just needs a better QB behind him. Former 1st round pick has talent still.

I like Harry but I'm not sure he would help us much this year.  I would think if we trade it would be for a proven veteran WR stuck on a losing team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would guess a 4th rounder. That's probably a fair selling point for the Pats. He's still young, and just needs a better QB behind him. Former 1st round pick has talent still.

Better QB? He had the Goat throwing to him last year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

Better QB? He had the Goat throwing to him last year. 

I won't go over this too much. If you understand this great, if not, oh well. I know you are a Pats fan. Brady being the goat doesn't mean he was the best QB in the NFL last year or even in the top half (he wasn't good). This year, he's had Cam Newton and Jarrett Stidham who have been slightly worse throwing the ball. Harry has had issues getting open, but it's not all his fault. 

 

Don't pretend like Brady last year was Brady in his prime just because of his prior accomplishments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Maybe Harry not suited for the Dinking & Dunking pass patterns? 

He doesn’t get open enough for most WB take a shot throwing it to him and he is injury prone. (Although this concussion is in Newton)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2020 at 5:55 AM, FortheWin said:

That is a good question. He for sure wants to catch Shula for the most wins but doubt he can do that in NE post Brady. 

He needs at least 4 really good seasons for that; more likely 7-8. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2020 at 11:07 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

I won't go over this too much. If you understand this great, if not, oh well. I know you are a Pats fan. Brady being the goat doesn't mean he was the best QB in the NFL last year or even in the top half (he wasn't good). This year, he's had Cam Newton and Jarrett Stidham who have been slightly worse throwing the ball. Harry has had issues getting open, but it's not all his fault. 

 

Don't pretend like Brady last year was Brady in his prime just because of his prior accomplishments.

Now you take your blinders off and look at what Brady is doing this year.  He is already back in the MVP talk he is doing so well.  So ya Brady may not be at the top of his game he is still top 5 in the NFL as his stats prove THIS year.  Now if you had said the Pats O line was in shambles last year because Andrews was on IR and both tackles were gone most of the year and that made it harder to prove ok.. but it is obviously not Brady.

 

oh and if you wanted him take more like a 2 and a 3 if not a 1st. BB isn’t going give up on him, he knows Cam is garbage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Now you take your blinders off and look at what Brady is doing this year.  He is already back in the MVP talk he is doing so well.  So ya Brady may not be at the top of his game he is still top 5 in the NFL as his stats prove THIS year.  Now if you had said the Pats O line was in shambles last year because Andrews was on IR and both tackles were gone most of the year and that made it harder to prove ok.. but it is obviously not Brady.

 

oh and if you wanted him take more like a 2 and a 3 if not a 1st. BB isn’t going give up on him, he knows Cam is garbage.

I truly believe if you guys had Brady you would be 5-2, I think with Rivers you would be as well, jmo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I truly believe if you guys had Brady you would be 5-2, I think with Rivers you would be as well, jmo.

Cam isn't on their level, he had 1 great year in 2015 and that is what made his name. Yeah he won an MVP but stunk in the SB. He lost to Peyton Manning who basically scared that whole team on his last leg lmao . Ok it was Denver's D but you get it :thmup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Sure puts everything in perspective, as far as importance of things! Rigo’s a young, healthy guy and this was thankfully caught early, giving him a better than average chance of beating it.
    • No, he still had time left on his contract with the Colts when he retired. 
    • Thoughts and prayers to Rigoberto and his family.  Wish them all the best, all the strength, all the peace, and patience to get through.   I'm relieved to hear that it seems they caught it early.  Hopeful that he will ultimately be ok and back with the team relatively soon.  
    • Flip flopping the oline is not the answer imo. Keep the other starting four right where they are. The chemistry at least remains intact there. Replace just the LT best you can. If not keep te there or back to help protect. 
    • Beginning to wonder if MJC is Ryan Grigson himself.... He’s not been perfect and I’d like for him to be better and take less projects but compared to what we had with the prior regime, it’s a night and day difference.    so I chose to do some research. This comes from Forbes, Bleacher Report and Walter Football as none of them had complete stats by themselves.    The average career length in the NFL is 3.3 years. So since all the above defined draft success as the percentage of starters from each round starting for their team that chose them, I did the same and looked at data showing the percentages of starters that came from each round for the last 3 years. This includes all 3 phases, O and D, and Special Teams.  Per the above sources: percentages of starts by players taken in each respective rounds combined since 2017.    1st Round- 29.9 percent league wide. 2nd Round- 19.4 percent league wide 3rd Round - 11.6 percent league wide. 4-7- 26 percent combined  Undrafted- 13.1 percent. League wide.     now for Ballard, taking ONLY his picks, not previous regime players that are still on the team. Special teams starters are NOT included in this. Just first string O and D.    1st Round- Hooker,Nelson,Buckner(via trade): 2/3 currently starting, 1 on IR that was a starter but that is likely gone at the end of the year, so I’m counting that as a loss. 66.7 percent.    2nd round: 10 picks: 7/10 have become starters. 70 percent.    3rd round: 3 picks, 2/3 starters, that being Bobby O and Blackmon. 66.7%   4th thru 7 rounds: 5/24 or 20.8 percent(this number would jump a few points if I counted special teams.)   Yes, Ballard is above the league Average in getting starting results in rounds 1-3 but below average 4-7....      
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...