Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots Fire Sale Possible

danlhart87

You think maybe this is Belichick's last year also? Fire sale players, stock up on draft picks, then have the next GM/HC figure out their players. I can't picture Belichick having the patience for building-up a new young roster at his age, especially without Brady instilling discipline into them.

6 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

You think maybe this is Belichick's last year also? Fire sale players, stock up on draft picks, then have the next GM/HC figure out their players. I can't picture Belichick having the patience for building-up a new young roster at his age, especially without Brady instilling discipline into them.

That is a good question. He for sure wants to catch Shula for the most wins but doubt he can do that in NE post Brady. 

8 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Cam Newton can be had for an ashtray overflowing with cigarette butts

That may be overpaying, I think we are asking for a wet sneaker in a bag..

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

I would love to get Gilmore or Thuney but only if doesn't cost too much

Thuney be at LEAST a 3rd probably a 2nd.. Gilmore is an elite and coming off a d player of the year season.. so he be more so.

33 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

That may be overpaying, I think we are asking for a wet sneaker in a bag..

Thuney be at LEAST a 3rd probably a 2nd.. Gilmore is an elite and coming off a d player of the year season.. so he be more so.

What is Gilmore and Thuney contract like currently 

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I would love to get Gilmore or Thuney but only if doesn't cost too much

I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to make fun of your wishes but when I hear something like this, my mind races off to this scenario-

I would love to get a Lamborghini Huracan, but only if it doesn't cost much more than a Mustang GT.

I'm pretty sure nearly everyone has a desired scenario of their own along those lines. :)

7 hours ago, Myles said:

I think all depends on the outcome of this weeks Pat/Bills game.   If they win, they may think they can still win the division.  

I’d be shocked if Gilmore is. Patriot by this time on Tuesday.  I say he goes to Seattle for a 2nd and a 4th.  Or maybe TB gets really dumb and sends us a 1st for him. 

Just now, JimJaime said:

Gilmore has one more year for $12 million? And Thuney is under the franchise tag.. which is why a 3rd at least because they get that at least if he walks.

Thanks im reluctant now but I think if they lose Bills beat them they will get desperate and Colts might be able to get them cheaper than expected.

1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

I’d be shocked if Gilmore is. Patriot by this time on Tuesday.  I say he goes to Seattle for a 2nd and a 4th.  Or maybe TB gets really dumb and sends us a 1st for him. 

I'm thinking Titans and fans here freak out and call Ballard a joke for no reason 

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Thanks im reluctant now but I think if they lose Bills beat them they will get desperate and Colts might be able to get them cheaper than expected.

Why? Gilmore under contract for next year and why would BB accept less than he ghouls get if Thuney walked? Sorry they aren’t going cheaper.

11 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

The media makes it seem like they are desperate to get rid of players 

This is BB he isn’t ever desperate. He considers himself smarter than everyone else, and in football he usually is.  Gilmore is the only one who I think is definitely gone. And I see a 2nd and like a 5th for him or if a team is desperate for help maybe a 1st. 

id love see them fleece Patricia and trade Gilmore for Goliday and a third. Lol

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

This is BB he isn’t ever desperate. He considers himself smarter than everyone else, and in football he usually is.  Gilmore is the only one who I think is definitely gone. And I see a 2nd and like a 5th for him or if a team is desperate for help maybe a 1st. 

id love see them fleece Patricia and trade Gilmore for Goliday and a third. Lol

What would it take to get Harry?

46 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would guess a 4th rounder. That's probably a fair selling point for the Pats. He's still young, and just needs a better QB behind him. Former 1st round pick has talent still.

I like Harry but I'm not sure he would help us much this year.  I would think if we trade it would be for a proven veteran WR stuck on a losing team.

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would guess a 4th rounder. That's probably a fair selling point for the Pats. He's still young, and just needs a better QB behind him. Former 1st round pick has talent still.

Better QB? He had the Goat throwing to him last year. 

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

Better QB? He had the Goat throwing to him last year. 

I won't go over this too much. If you understand this great, if not, oh well. I know you are a Pats fan. Brady being the goat doesn't mean he was the best QB in the NFL last year or even in the top half (he wasn't good). This year, he's had Cam Newton and Jarrett Stidham who have been slightly worse throwing the ball. Harry has had issues getting open, but it's not all his fault. 

Don't pretend like Brady last year was Brady in his prime just because of his prior accomplishments.

On 10/31/2020 at 11:07 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

I won't go over this too much. If you understand this great, if not, oh well. I know you are a Pats fan. Brady being the goat doesn't mean he was the best QB in the NFL last year or even in the top half (he wasn't good). This year, he's had Cam Newton and Jarrett Stidham who have been slightly worse throwing the ball. Harry has had issues getting open, but it's not all his fault. 

Don't pretend like Brady last year was Brady in his prime just because of his prior accomplishments.

Now you take your blinders off and look at what Brady is doing this year.  He is already back in the MVP talk he is doing so well.  So ya Brady may not be at the top of his game he is still top 5 in the NFL as his stats prove THIS year.  Now if you had said the Pats O line was in shambles last year because Andrews was on IR and both tackles were gone most of the year and that made it harder to prove ok.. but it is obviously not Brady.

oh and if you wanted him take more like a 2 and a 3 if not a 1st. BB isn’t going give up on him, he knows Cam is garbage.

2 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Now you take your blinders off and look at what Brady is doing this year.  He is already back in the MVP talk he is doing so well.  So ya Brady may not be at the top of his game he is still top 5 in the NFL as his stats prove THIS year.  Now if you had said the Pats O line was in shambles last year because Andrews was on IR and both tackles were gone most of the year and that made it harder to prove ok.. but it is obviously not Brady.

oh and if you wanted him take more like a 2 and a 3 if not a 1st. BB isn’t going give up on him, he knows Cam is garbage.

I truly believe if you guys had Brady you would be 5-2, I think with Rivers you would be as well, jmo.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I truly believe if you guys had Brady you would be 5-2, I think with Rivers you would be as well, jmo.

Cam isn't on their level, he had 1 great year in 2015 and that is what made his name. Yeah he won an MVP but stunk in the SB. He lost to Peyton Manning who basically scared that whole team on his last leg lmao . Ok it was Denver's D but you get it :thmup:

Archived