Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton's Radio Interviews

supremecoltsfan300

What did I learn from these 2 radio interviews regarding Peyton?

1. He is a big baseball fan. "I wanna see a Rockies Game."

2. His offensive mastery is nothing special. Just run, block, throw, & catch. #18 is so humble &self deprecating.

3. He clearly hasn't bought a house in Denver yet.

4. He is really looking forward to actually throwing & training at the Mile High facility & field.

5. He can't readily say "Yes, I want a ring this year." Come on Peyton, let your competitive juices run free man. You can say that. We want you to say that #18!!!

What did I learn from these 2 radio interviews regarding Peyton?

1. He is a big baseball fan. "I wanna see a Rockies Game."

2. His offensive mastery is nothing special. Just run, block, throw, & catch. #18 is so humble &self deprecating.

3. He clearly hasn't bought a house in Denver yet.

4. He is really looking forward to actually throwing & training at the Mile High facility & field.

5. He can't readily say "Yes, I want a ring this year." Come on Peyton, let your competitive juices run free man. You can say that. We want you to say that #18!!!

Todd Helton the Rockies first baseman and Manning were teammates at UT. He spent some time in Denver working out at the Rockies facility during the lockout. Helton worked out with him during his workouts at Duke. Actually had some trouble with routes. Of course Helton was a former QB too.

If memory serves me correctly Manning was an all state SS/3B in high school.

Manning's thrown out the first pitch at a Rockie game before while visiting with Helton.

I'm sure he'll do it again at some point.

Peyton-rockies.jpg

Another funny side note. When Manning was a freshman at UT, he wasn't expected to play. He was expecting to redshirt.

That changed when the senior 1st year started went down on the 5th or 6th play against UCLA in the opening game. Helton came in and was either ineffective or got dinged up I can'/t remember it's been about 18 years ago. Manning came in and ran a few series. Redshirt is blown.

The next week or so Cutcliffe, the OC had the QB's on fast forward trying to get them up up to speed to where Colquitt was. He was quizzing the QB's with protections, calls, signals, etc, and Manning started to answer every question. Whether it was directed to him, Helton or the other freshman QB Brandon Stewart. This kept on and Helton was asked a question and Helton yelled gosh darnit Peyton shut the mess up.

Obviously he said something else, but can't quite quote it word for word.. But the two have remained friends.