Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trevor Lawrence leaving it open to return for his senior season with Clemson.

Say it with me, Fireman Ed, J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets... :) 

In other words, if you fire Adam Gase, there is a chance I am willing to come to your team. Otherwise, all bets are off. I commend Joe Burrow for doing what he has been doing so far, same with Justin Herbert, going to a bad team but still producing even if they do not result in team Ws.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, chad72 said:

In other words, if you fire Adam Gase, there is a chance I am willing to come to your team. Otherwise, all bets are off. I commend Joe Burrow for doing what he has been doing so far, same with Justin Herbert, going to a bad team but still producing even if they do not result in team Ws.

Remember that Peyton Manning did the exact same thing that Lawrence is thinking about doing. If Peyton had left after his junior season as many expected at the time then the J.E.T.S., Jets, Jets, Jets were positioned to draft him.  Knowing that...Peyton made the wise decision to return for his senior year and ultimately was drafted by Bill Polian and the Colts.  The rest is history. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, chad72 said:

It's not only Gase, it's Woody Johnson (Jets owner) as well. 

IMO Joe Douglas has gotten himself into a bad situation. 

19 hours ago, Myles said:

This would be interesting.

Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence set the NFL world on fire Tuesday when he said he would consider returning for his senior season rather than enter the 2021 NFL Draft.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2020/10/clemsons-trevor-lawrence-laying-groundwork-to-pull-an-eli-manning-on-the-jets-in-the-2021-nfl-draft.html

This would be an entertaining twist for sure. He has until what, December to decide right?

15 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Marketing, he is to graduate in December. He would end up doing a masters program id assume for the rest of his time

Wasn't Russell Wilson in the beginning of his masters program after transferring from NC State to Wisconsin before declaring for the NFL Draft?

Makes the Jets' decision to keep Darnold easy if that is the case with TL staying put.

45 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Me too. Jets will destroy him. Course we destroyed Andrew luck so not sure we can point to that argument in this case very much

Good point.  I'm torn on this because I'm not in favor of players choosing were they go in the draft.   But with another year of eligibility to stay at college, I have no problem with him doing that.  Anyone know his financial situation?   Would the $$ be too enticing to pass up?   He's probably getting paid well at Clemson. haha

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Good point.  I'm torn on this because I'm not in favor of players choosing were they go in the draft.   But with another year of eligibility to stay at college, I have no problem with him doing that.  Anyone know his financial situation?   Would the $$ be too enticing to pass up?   He's probably getting paid well at Clemson. haha

Probably. And being a D1 QB, he’s likely getting laid well too:lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, chad72 said:

Wasn't Russell Wilson in the beginning of his masters program after transferring from NC State to Wisconsin before declaring for the NFL Draft?

Makes the Jets' decision to keep Darnold easy if that is the case with TL staying put.

I would assume as he was a grad transfer why he got to play right away