Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Turay and Pittman back at practice (MERGE)


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Definitely a step in the right direction and music to the ears of several Colts fans. :) 

 

The meat of the schedule is coming up.

Will need everyone for sure to get through this hard part.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Shive changed the title to Turay and Pittman back at practice (MERGE)
37 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Leonard (groin) is back at practice today too. Cox (knee) isn't practicing yet.


I was going to ask What’s wrong with .... but I was worried about getting censored.   

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm OK with not seeing some vs Detroit, but we need everyone (Leonard, Pittman, Turay, Mo) back for the Ravens. I'd love to see them all get at least a little time vs the Lions though. Leonard is the only guy I feel doesn't need to play a little bit before getting back. He's proven he can flip the switch.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reich said earlier in the week Turay would need a couple weeks of practice before he plays. I won’t be shocked if Pittman sits the lions game just to make sure he isn’t rushed back. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Any news on Campbell joining in the practices this week?

Everything I've seen and heard re: Campbell indicates that they expect his injury to be longer term. Possibly back late in the season. Not sure if anyone here has heard anything different.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Good news Thanks for posting.

Hopefully Pittman can be the guy Paris Campbell was for a half, 

IMHO. the only major thing missing on our D has been a outside speed rusher. In my eyes Turray looked to be the guy to fill that slot, till he was injured last year. Maybe he gets the D off the the field with a sack, or hurry a couple times more per game. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'm OK with not seeing some vs Detroit, but we need everyone (Leonard, Pittman, Turay, Mo) back for the Ravens. I'd love to see them all get at least a little time vs the Lions though. Leonard is the only guy I feel doesn't need to play a little bit before getting back. He's proven he can flip the switch.

Be nice if he'd go ahead and flip it then.... The impact plays have been lacking from him this far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Any news on Campbell joining in the practices this week?

I wouldn’t look for Campbell until closer to late November or December.    That’s always been my understanding. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Read Turay isn’t expected to play this week because he has to get in game shape but that’s just an opinion from a sports writer.  Who knows if it’s true or not but I would believe it to be true.

 

sounds like Pittman will be out there Sunday hopefully he will help the passing game to keep getting better.  
 

Saw Kelly was out today with a knee injury that might not be good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Read Turay isn’t expected to play this week because he has to get in game shape but that’s just an opinion from a sports writer.

 

No, that's a quote from Reich. You can listen to him say it in this press conference.

 

21 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Saw Kelly was out today with a knee injury 

 

Correct, here's the injury report for today. Cox practiced (limited) and Leonard was a full participant.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

 

No, that's a quote from Reich. You can listen to him say it in this press conference.

 

 

Correct, here's the injury report for today. Cox practiced (limited) and Leonard was a full participant.

 

 

Okay what I read didn’t have it listed as a quote but it’s not surprising.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Be nice if he'd go ahead and flip it then.... The impact plays have been lacking from him this far.

His first 3 games were more than fine. Completion % and passer rating allowed were good. He didn't make any "big" plays, but his stats were more than fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Ryan Kelly missed practice today. I'm assuming it's just a rep management/rest DNP and not an injury. Hopefully we find out more tomorrow.

 

Kelly has a knee issue.

 

Regarding Doyle he started to practice Wed and left after warmups. I hope nothing is wrong with his family.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Fantastic news about Pittman and Turay

 

On the surface it seems to be, but on the Colts website, Pittman was still listed as Reserve/Injured and Turay was listed Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform as of a few moments ago. So more near future news than immediate impact if I read that right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

On the surface it seems to be, but on the Colts website, Pittman was still listed as Reserve/Injured and Turay was listed Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform as of a few moments ago. So more near future news than immediate impact if I read that right.

Pittman has been designated for return from IR as of Wednesday (2 days ago).

 

Wed, Oct 28 / Michael Pittman Jr. (WR) / Placed WR Michael Pittman Jr. on IR/Designated for Return list.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

On the surface it seems to be, but on the Colts website, Pittman was still listed as Reserve/Injured and Turay was listed Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform as of a few moments ago. So more near future news than immediate impact if I read that right.

I think they haven’t changed Pittman yet. A couple days ago George Bremer said he was activated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

They need to put Ty in the slot tbh cause at this stage in his career he has lost a step or two and it shows , 

This should be where he should go. Put Pittman and Johnson/Pascal on the other side.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Pittman has been designated for return from IR as of Wednesday (2 days ago).

 

Wed, Oct 28 / Michael Pittman Jr. (WR) / Placed WR Michael Pittman Jr. on IR/Designated for Return list.

 

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think they haven’t changed Pittman yet. A couple days ago George Bremer said he was activated.

 

No, that means that Pittman is still on IR, but he can now practice with the team. And the Colts now have 21 days in which to place him on the 53 man active roster, or Pittman must return to IR for the rest of the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

 

No, that means that Pittman is still on IR, but he can now practice with the team. And the Colts now have 21 days in which to place him on the 53 man active roster, or Pittman must return to IR for the rest of the year.

That's interesting, thanks. I wonder why there are no NFL Transaction Wire entries for Turay and/or Adams, who were both on IR and are both back practicing with the team this week. Any thoughts on why Pittman would be designated differently?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

That's interesting, thanks. I wonder why there are no NFL Transaction Wire entries for Turay and/or Adams, who were both on IR and are both back practicing with the team this week. Any thoughts on why Pittman would be designated differently?

I don't think there is a true transaction here in any of their cases.  Just medical clearance to practice keeping the same designation.

 

Thus Adams is in the same boat as Pittman, IR.  Thus the IR rules (for 2020 only):

 

These 2020-only rules allow the team to remove any player with a football or non-football injury (NFI) from the roster for three weeks. After three weeks, the player will be eligible to return to practice. Once he returns to practice, the team will have 21 days to place him back on the active roster. Every team would have the ability to return an unlimited number of players to the active roster following placement on injured reserve or the non-football injury/illness list.

 

Now, for players on the Reserve/PUP list (Kemoko Turay)

 

When roster cuts rolled around after the final preseason game:

1. if a player wasn’t medically cleared; and

2. if he was listed on the Active/PUP list all during training camp

 

then he can be transferred to the Reserve/PUP, which prevents that player from playing and practicing during the first six weeks of the season. Players are only eligible for PUP if they were on the Active/PUP list all summer and did not play or practice with their team at any point.

 

Once they are medically cleared, they’re allowed to practice immediately. Again, by rule, players on Reserve/PUP and Reserve/NFI are excluded from practicing and playing during the first six weeks of the regular season.

*

* After six weeks are in the books, teams have another six week window for that player to begin practicing.  Once they do practice, teams will then have 21 days to make a decision:

 

1) Activate the player to the 53-man roster,

2) Release/waive the player or

3) Do nothing and keep him on the PUP list.

 

HTH


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2020 at 2:58 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:
On 10/30/2020 at 2:36 PM, Dogg63 said:

That's interesting, thanks. I wonder why there are no NFL Transaction Wire entries for Turay and/or Adams, who were both on IR and are both back practicing with the team this week. Any thoughts on why Pittman would be designated differently?

I don't think there is a true transaction here in any of their cases.  Just medical clearance to practice keeping the same designation.

 

Thus Adams is in the same boat as Pittman, IR

Yeah, thanks - I goofed when I included Turay because I knew he was PUP.

 

The other two (Adams, Pittman), however, were both IR and were both back to practicing with the team this week, but only one of them (Pittman) had a Transaction Wire entry. That's what confuses me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...