Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions trading for Everson Griffin

22 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

so it doesn't relate... how not?

Don't we play the Lions next? 

Or am I on Mars sipping bengal juice?

Sorry, I thought you were posting as it relates to who we are getting or passing on the FA market. BTW, how cold is it on Mars. haha

• SteelCityColt changed the title to Lions trading for Everson Griffin
4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Lions must think they have a chance. 

And they do have a chance just like the Colts do.  We invested 25M on a older veteran QB for one year and traded a 1st rd pick for a top rated 3T to try and win a SB this year.  So far 4-2 and in the hunt.  Will Chris stand pat or will he make a move to improve the team for a stretch run?   I guess we will know within a week.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Thank God none of your are GM to trade out 1st round pick on a 30 year old QB 
    • Cowboys could potentially seek to move all of Amari Coopers Guaranteed Salary from 20m in 2021 and move more to say 2023 and some to 2022.  Same as Demarcus Lawrence has a 17m Guaranteed bonus this year and could move to 2022 maybe 2023.  Ezekiel Elliott has a 9.6m Guaranteed salary this year and none in 2022 as a potential movement.  Hypothetically, that could free up 46.6m add that to the 13.898m current available cap room now Dallas has 60.5m to play with without cutting any active roster players.  If Dallas does franchise tag Dak again your looking at a $37.7 million second consecutive tag leaving around 22.8m in cap space to resign former free agents such as Jourdan Lewis for ~$5 million and Xavier Woods $7 million.  Dallas could always part ways with a few had named earlier as well suppose but can't see them cutting too many quality starters just to save 1-2 million and owe dead cap money into next season.
    • Our opinion doesn't matter. The only opinion that matters is DeShaun Watson...     Nope, he doesn't like it.
    • Oh he is good... IMO he's been hovering around the 8-12 range for a while, which if you have good enough roster, should be good enough for some playoff runs once in a while. It's an indictment on Detroit management that he's never won a playoff game more than on him. 
    • That's true. No team without a franchise QB is in a good position. And the options that are available are available for a reason... (not because they are long-term franchise QBs... nobody gives that up). So yeah... this is why Ballard is paid the big bucks. I'm not opposed to trading for Stafford, IMO that's one of the best 3 options we have, but I don't want to fool myself into thinking he's anything but a temporary fix, similar to Rivers. That's the reason that even though I would be OK with trading for him, I still prefer going with the draft if Ballard likes a QB in the draft. I would much rather give up an additional 1st round pick to trade up in the draft for a QB Ballard loves than give the same compensation for Stafford. 
  • Members

• DynaMike

DynaMike 33

• Freenyfan102

Freenyfan102 182

• OhioColt

OhioColt 75

• Wage

Wage 0

Rookie
    • shasta519

shasta519 2,659