Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Take On The Lions — Need Your Colts Mailbag Questions

Since trade talk is prominent around the forum right now.

What chance do you think that the Colts might bring someone in? Or perhaps send someone out(Brissett)?

Any names or positions stick out as possibilities?

• Like 1

How well do you believe the defense will play as we head into the second half of the season? I commend Ballard on bringing in depth along the defensive front 7. We’re getting more rotational pieces back. 

• Like 1

Hi Andrew. Here's a few.

1) We've seen Johnson's snaps increase each week. Given his more than solid play, can we expect that trend to continue?

2) Will Mo be back for Detroit, and will we see his snaps return to week 2 and 3 levels. Also, can we expect more sail routes to him.

3) Can we expect to see Harris temp promoted again this weekend? Limited, but some really nice work by him vs Cinci.

4) Is it looking like Pittman will be back for Detroit, and if not, at least by Baltimore?

• Like 1

1)  Will staff unleash Rivers and this Off or continue to be so predictable and see 8 man boxes as a disrespect?

2)  Will the D continue to rush only 4 & be exposed to the good qbs in this league?  Minshew/Brees/Baker for an example.  No pressure whatsoever unlike the top teams in the league.

3)  Will the coaching staff continue to be outclassed & make horrible 4th down choices that cost our team victories?  

• Like 1

https://amp.indystar.com/amp/5907697002?__twitter_impression=true

1) For a team that is supposedly obsessed with being unpredictable, why is it so easy for teams (and people at home watching) to see what the Colts are going to do?

IE: Teams stacking the box - Colts still run it anyways 

Making average QB's look amazing - carving up the zone D

2) Also, what are the team's plans to go from bottom of the barrel Run Offense (YPC - 32nd in league) to improving that number? (I would personally like to see some play action) 

i) Will we throw more on early downs at least between the 20s to mix it up on offense to be unpredictable?

ii) What do we plan to do about our slow defensive starts playing zone D primarily that has led to both Browns and Bengals getting up on the scoreboard against us?

Kemoko Turay is back in practice. Reich has indicated that he would like to see Turay in at least two weeks of practices to assess his readiness. When do you anticipate we see him in the line up?  I’m thinking the Thursday night game against the Titans, do you think he returns sooner than that? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• This may be the best football interview I have ever seen.  Must see for Colts, Packers or any other football fan!   Rodgers is the most candid I've seen and he's really funny.      
    • Correct. And we need to win that game because if we lose, it is highly unlikely we win the last 5, but I think it is likely they win at least 3 since they play Hou. Jax and a floundering Det.  And they may even be favored against Cle.  That leaves GB for them to upset to sweep into the playoffs and could make it very tough for us to get in at all with our tie breaker status.  This is the more important than any further game this season.  Win and our path to the playoffs is so much more wide open.  But we will still likely need to win at least 3 games to get in unless TN craters somehow.  Those tiebreakers are really going to challenge us in wildcard scenarios.    I could see Hou winning one against us, they usually do and they are on a major upswing.  Their offense is no joke and they do not depend at all on the run so our run defense is less effective obviously.  Pitt and the Raiders are also no joke and both games are away.  This is a critical one if we hope to win the division. If we lose, finishing 9-7 is realistically still in play and I don't see TN losing 3 out of 5.  In fact, I don't see them losing more than 2 of 5.  If we win they'll likely have to win 4 of 5 or sweep to catch us for the division.  I called the Raiders game as being key to make the playoffs and go 10-6 before the season started. With a loss, the desperate WC tie breaker situation, that is especially true.  It's possible for a 10-6 team to miss the playoffs even with the extra team.  Cleveland will almost surely get 10 wins with their easy finish.  Baltimore is also likely.  (Their divisional matchups are really favorable this time around).  Then again maybe we'll sweep the season and get the #1 seed.  Pitt still has to play 5 current playoff teams in their final 6 and KC has to play 3.     Just speculation as always, but that is the fun of a football message board.  Go Colts!
    • ^This^   Another way to look at it is this:  considering the production that Ballard is getting out of his draft picks while they're still on their rookie contracts... why over-spend on re-signing anybody?   If Ballard can continue hitting on draft picks the way he has, then it's almost better to just keep accumulating draft picks, draft well, and let the young guys go out and make plays.   Let other teams over-spend on proven talent while Indy keeps providing an opportunity for young hungry players to prove their talent.   Save the money for slam-dunk moves like Buckner.
    • I bet you are 1000% wrong.   Nelson is the biggest name in the league at G, and it's not even close.  A "bad" Nelson (that gets called for ticky-tack holds that happen on every single NFL play) is still better than 90% of the guards in the NFL.   Your hot-take posts are getting very tiresome.  
    • They have contributed as much their rookie year as the entire group maybe by end of the season, but I doubt there's even a tiny chance of 2 all pros. Even 1 is a major stretch.  I am not sure we have any all pro's on the team since the most deserving one is Buckner (who I count as our first round pick in every way) has impact but no stats to wow anyone not intimately aware of his impact. If he misses this game we may painfully see how valuable.  But their collective impact has certainly added up. 4 starters and 2 solid special teamers in a so far playoff level team is quite a haul for any draft pick class in history.  It is at least adjacent to 2018, unless you don't count Buckner in any way.
  • Members