Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Take On The Lions — Need Your Colts Mailbag Questions

Since trade talk is prominent around the forum right now.

What chance do you think that the Colts might bring someone in? Or perhaps send someone out(Brissett)?

Any names or positions stick out as possibilities?

• Like 1

How well do you believe the defense will play as we head into the second half of the season? I commend Ballard on bringing in depth along the defensive front 7. We’re getting more rotational pieces back. 

• Like 1

Hi Andrew. Here's a few.

1) We've seen Johnson's snaps increase each week. Given his more than solid play, can we expect that trend to continue?

2) Will Mo be back for Detroit, and will we see his snaps return to week 2 and 3 levels. Also, can we expect more sail routes to him.

3) Can we expect to see Harris temp promoted again this weekend? Limited, but some really nice work by him vs Cinci.

4) Is it looking like Pittman will be back for Detroit, and if not, at least by Baltimore?

• Like 1

1)  Will staff unleash Rivers and this Off or continue to be so predictable and see 8 man boxes as a disrespect?

2)  Will the D continue to rush only 4 & be exposed to the good qbs in this league?  Minshew/Brees/Baker for an example.  No pressure whatsoever unlike the top teams in the league.

3)  Will the coaching staff continue to be outclassed & make horrible 4th down choices that cost our team victories?  

• Like 1

https://amp.indystar.com/amp/5907697002?__twitter_impression=true

1) For a team that is supposedly obsessed with being unpredictable, why is it so easy for teams (and people at home watching) to see what the Colts are going to do?

IE: Teams stacking the box - Colts still run it anyways 

Making average QB's look amazing - carving up the zone D

2) Also, what are the team's plans to go from bottom of the barrel Run Offense (YPC - 32nd in league) to improving that number? (I would personally like to see some play action) 

i) Will we throw more on early downs at least between the 20s to mix it up on offense to be unpredictable?

ii) What do we plan to do about our slow defensive starts playing zone D primarily that has led to both Browns and Bengals getting up on the scoreboard against us?

Kemoko Turay is back in practice. Reich has indicated that he would like to see Turay in at least two weeks of practices to assess his readiness. When do you anticipate we see him in the line up?  I’m thinking the Thursday night game against the Titans, do you think he returns sooner than that?