Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Take On The Lions — Need Your Colts Mailbag Questions

AWalkerColts

Hi Andrew. Here's a few.

1) We've seen Johnson's snaps increase each week. Given his more than solid play, can we expect that trend to continue?

2) Will Mo be back for Detroit, and will we see his snaps return to week 2 and 3 levels. Also, can we expect more sail routes to him.

3) Can we expect to see Harris temp promoted again this weekend? Limited, but some really nice work by him vs Cinci.

4) Is it looking like Pittman will be back for Detroit, and if not, at least by Baltimore?

1)  Will staff unleash Rivers and this Off or continue to be so predictable and see 8 man boxes as a disrespect?

2)  Will the D continue to rush only 4 & be exposed to the good qbs in this league?  Minshew/Brees/Baker for an example.  No pressure whatsoever unlike the top teams in the league.

3)  Will the coaching staff continue to be outclassed & make horrible 4th down choices that cost our team victories?  

https://amp.indystar.com/amp/5907697002?__twitter_impression=true

1) For a team that is supposedly obsessed with being unpredictable, why is it so easy for teams (and people at home watching) to see what the Colts are going to do?

IE: Teams stacking the box - Colts still run it anyways 

Making average QB's look amazing - carving up the zone D

2) Also, what are the team's plans to go from bottom of the barrel Run Offense (YPC - 32nd in league) to improving that number? (I would personally like to see some play action) 

i) Will we throw more on early downs at least between the 20s to mix it up on offense to be unpredictable?

ii) What do we plan to do about our slow defensive starts playing zone D primarily that has led to both Browns and Bengals getting up on the scoreboard against us?

Kemoko Turay is back in practice. Reich has indicated that he would like to see Turay in at least two weeks of practices to assess his readiness. When do you anticipate we see him in the line up?  I’m thinking the Thursday night game against the Titans, do you think he returns sooner than that? 

• 5 months later...
On 10/27/2020 at 12:32 AM, BornHoosier said:

1)  Will staff unleash Rivers and this Off or continue to be so predictable and see 8 man boxes as a disrespect?

2)  Will the D continue to rush only 4 & be exposed to the good qbs in this league?  Minshew/Brees/Baker for an example.  No pressure whatsoever unlike the top teams in the league.

3)  Will the coaching staff continue to be outclassed & make horrible 4th down choices that cost our team victories?  

Check, Check and Check but lets fast forward to 2021!  (1) Wentz brings a diff dynamic to this Off than Rivers so I can see this being better.  (2) Still no pass rush signing in FA and pick 21 needs to be OT so safe to say no pass rush again in 2021.  (3) Buffalo game still engraved in my thoughts and as long as REICH is our head coach I see no optimism as far as Head coaching decisions to win games.  If we kick the extra point and make the field goal attempt we don't lose that game but hindsight is 20/20.  After further review, these 3 bullets proved to be key to our success in 2020 but a colts fan can only dream our current roster can reach further heights.  I called this last year after seeing two months of work, give me til Nov this yr to tell us our same fate!

Archived