Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What would you want from Cowboys for Jacoby

Okay so Dak is gone for the year and now Dalton is down after that horrible hit during the Washington game. All the. Ownby’s have is a rookie seventh rounder and Garret Gilbert. So they will be looking for a QB, I believe.

The question I have is what would you want from them. Would you want Michael Gallup? Would you try to get a second or third rounder? What would you want? Please be realistic, we aren’t getting Dak nor are we getting a bag of potato chips, lol. 

2 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Okay so Dak is gone for the year and now Dalton is down after that horrible hit during the Washington game. All the. Ownby’s have is a rookie seventh rounder and Garret Gilbert. So they will be looking for a QB, I believe.

The question I have is what would you want from them. Would you want Michael Gallup? Would you try to get a second or third rounder? What would you want? Please be realistic, we aren’t getting Dak nor are we getting a bag of potato chips, lol. 

I'd offer Brissett for Gallup at this point. If they don't want to do it, try and trade Brissett for either a 3rd or 4th round pick. Ballard should be able to get a good player with that pick IMO.

No way DAL gives up Gallup for JB. But if they did...Ballard should be all over it...from an asset standpoint. Gallup is just a much more valuable player at this point...because he still has a year left on his rookie deal.

If Gallup is off the table...then I would also take a 3rd round pick back instead for JB.

But for the reasons that DAL is making this trade...is probably why Ballard wouldn't.

I would take Gallup for sure.  I would even help them with his salary if necessary even though his cap hit for Dallas might only be around 12.5M.  If Ballard wants a pick a 3rd would be nice but a 4th works as well.  The point is get something for him now.  After Cam's performance yesterday maybe the Pats come into play.  

Dallas will give us a 3rd round pick for Jacoby.  They are down to a 7th rounder and Gilbert.  Dallas I believe will give up a 3rd rounder for Jacoby.  It’ll help us and help Jacoby maybe next year be a starter for another team.  Jacoby gets to show off what talents he he has etc..  We can use that 3rd and I’m praying hoping somehow we trade up using that 3rd and something other player/pick move  up in next year draft and get a franchise QB.  And I have no clue who that person is but hoping he is there lol 

Honestly... I have no idea what is realistic to ask for. Also it's kind of a moot point unless Dallas actually want Jacoby. Gallup is not realistic IMO, he is probably worth a lot more than Jacoby and they might not even want to trade him. 

I guess the easiest trade is for a draft pick. So yeah... get the best pick you can I guess? 

6 hours ago, stitches said:

Honestly... I have no idea what is realistic to ask for. Also it's kind of a moot point unless Dallas actually want Jacoby. Gallup is not realistic IMO, he is probably worth a lot more than Jacoby and they might not even want to trade him. 

I guess the easiest trade is for a draft pick. So yeah... get the best pick you can I guess? 

At this point, I think the most we could expect is a 4th. I'd take a 5th or 6th personally. Not that I want to get rid of JB, I'd just 1) love to see JB get an opportunity to start somewhere, and 2) add draft capital. 

46 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

At this point, I think the most we could expect is a 4th. I'd take a 5th or 6th personally. Not that I want to get rid of JB, I'd just 1) love to see JB get an opportunity to start somewhere, and 2) add draft capital. 

I will agree here as well. I’d love to get the 3rd rd pick but I think realistically, he is at Best a 4th round return type player. Now, if NE stuck their nose in, perhaps the offers get pushed up a tad but the league knows what limits JB has shown and they are concerning. Dallas may not even need a back up for more than a couple games and can JB adapt to that scheme fast enough to be worth losing a mid draft pick? I wouldn’t think so. 

16 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I will agree here as well. I’d love to get the 3rd rd pick but I think realistically, he is at Best a 4th round return type player. Now, if NE stuck their nose in, perhaps the offers get pushed up a tad but the league knows what limits JB has shown and they are concerning. Dallas may not even need a back up for more than a couple games and can JB adapt to that scheme fast enough to be worth losing a mid draft pick? I wouldn’t think so. 

I think Jones said they are going back to the feed Elliot mode. If so, JB is fine handing it off 65% of the time, tossing a few high %, and maybe an air coryell shot or two if 3rd and long.

1. Gallup

2. 3rd - 5th round pick

If we moved him for a pick, we would also pick up around $5.5m in cap space, which would be nice to carry over for next season.

Dallas would only owe him $5-$6m for remainder of season. Very manageable.

22 hours ago, IanColts22 said:

Dallas will give us a 3rd round pick for Jacoby.  They are down to a 7th rounder and Gilbert.  Dallas I believe will give up a 3rd rounder for Jacoby.  It’ll help us and help Jacoby maybe next year be a starter for another team.  Jacoby gets to show off what talents he he has etc..  We can use that 3rd and I’m praying hoping somehow we trade up using that 3rd and something other player/pick move  up in next year draft and get a franchise QB.  And I have no clue who that person is but hoping he is there lol 

There's one problem it doesn't help Dallas, why would Dallas trade for a QB. They obviously are not gonna make a super bowl push this year, therefore staying with their 3rd string or free agent QB will put them in better draft position.

6 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

There's one problem it doesn't help Dallas, why would Dallas trade for a QB. They obviously are not gonna make a super bowl push this year, therefore staying with their 3rd string or free agent QB will put them in better draft position.

Cowboys not likely to sign a QB, this one says:

11 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

They could still win their division. 

Not sure Jerry is the type that likes to watch a sorry team lol...

If concussion protocol doesn't go well, we'll see DiNucci this week regardless if they pick someone else up. 

I could see Jerry cleaning house on the D side of things post season.

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

They could still win their division. 

Not sure Jerry is the type that likes to watch a sorry team lol...

If concussion protocol doesn't go well, we'll see DiNucci this week regardless if they pick someone else up. 

I could see Jerry cleaning house on the D side of things post season.

Idk since they lost to washington, I don't see them winning many games with the offense and defense lacking. Honestly I think we may see their roster implode and a lot of bickering to the media

Dallas could back into winning a bad division, but Jerry is smart enough to know it would be a mere consolation prize.  I see a rebuild, probably thinks McCarthy was the problem in GB.

I think Jerry wants to keep all of his picks, and not waste one on a backup QB.

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

Idk since they lost to washington, I don't see them winning many games with the offense and defense lacking. Honestly I think we may see their roster implode and a lot of bickering to the media

No other team has more wins than they do in the division, and they play WA again. Not saying they will win it, but they are far from being out of it, even without a QB this week. They have a game this week at Philly which could impact a lot, then their next divisional game is WA at home. Still a long way to go for all the teams in the NFCE. None of the teams are good. As far as Dallas though, a lot of guys are going to be playing for their jobs earlier this year than normal.

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

No other team has more wins than they do in the division, and they play WA again. Not saying they will win it, but they are far from being out of it, even without a QB this week. They have a game this week at Philly which could impact a lot, then their next divisional game is WA at home. Still a long way to go for all the teams in the NFCE. None of the teams are good. As far as Dallas though, a lot of guys are going to be playing for their jobs earlier this year than normal.

I guess I just don't see their players rising to the occasion and to actually give up on the year, and blame injury

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I guess I just don't see their players rising to the occasion and to actually give up on the year, and blame injury

IMO, any of those teams could win. None are good. All have pieces of good, and big holes too.

I do think Jerry is the kind of guy that will go through there with a buzz saw and cut out anyone he sees as being lazy. 

Archived