Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 Win or Less Teams

Has there ever been this many 1 win or less teams before at this point in the season? 

Vikings 1-5

Falcons 1-6

Giants 1-6

Jets 0-7

Bengals 1-5-1

Jaguars 1-5 

Texans 1-6

Chargers 1-4

That's a lot of mediocrity seven weeks in. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Has there ever been this many 1 win or less teams before at this point in the season? 

Vikings 1-5

Falcons 1-6

Giants 1-6

Jets 0-7

Bengals 1-5-1

Jaguars 1-5 

Texans 1-6

Chargers 1-4

i don't remember there ever being this many teams with that poor of records.  

Dang, the Chargers are back in front.   C'mon Jags!

1 minute ago, Myles said:

i don't remember there ever being this many teams with that poor of records.  

Dang, the Chargers are back in front.   C'mon Jags!

And then we've got the NFC East where the Eagles are out to a resounding half a game lead thanks to a tie. 

Eagles 2-4-1

Cowboys 2-5

WFT 2-5

Giants 1-6

Atrocious... 

Just now, RollerColt said:

And then we've got the NFC East where the Eagles are out to a resounding half a game lead thanks to a tie. 

Eagles 2-4-1

Cowboys 2-5

WFT 2-5

Giants 1-6

Atrocious... 

Go Eagles

celebrate philadelphia eagles GIF by SportsManias

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Vikings 1-5

Falcons 1-6

Giants 1-6

Jets 0-7

Bengals 1-5-1

Jaguars 1-5 

Texans 1-6

Chargers 1-4

It’s the tank for Trevor race. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Vikings 1-5

Falcons 1-6

Giants 1-6

Jets 0-7

Bengals 1-5-1

Jaguars 1-5 

Texans 1-6

Chargers 1-4

And we lost to 2 of them.:yuk:

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Vikings 1-5

Falcons 1-6

Giants 1-6

Jets 0-7

Bengals 1-5-1

Jaguars 1-5 

Texans 1-6

Chargers 1-4

I want a season where every team in the league finishes 8-8 so we can watch Goodell flip coins for two days.

Playoff and Draft Day tiebreaker hell :lol:

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yeah your right. 

But still feel we should have been 6-0 with our schedule. 

Well....maybe we can cancel out those 2 losses with a couple surprise wins.

A win against either Baltimore or especially Pittsburgh would really help..... and of course a sweep of the remaining division games.

I think we can do it and eek out an 11-5 record.

49 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Well....maybe we can cancel out those 2 losses with a couple surprise wins.

A win against either Baltimore or especially Pittsburgh would really help..... and of course a sweep of the remaining division games.

I think we can do it and eek out an 11-5 record.

We have surprise wins every year

• Like 1
9 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Vikings 1-5

Falcons 1-6

Giants 1-6

Jets 0-7

Bengals 1-5-1

Jaguars 1-5 

Texans 1-6

Chargers 1-4

Its interesting to note that those are the teams with notoriously “weaker” organizations.  A year like this will separate the cream from the crap. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Eagles 2-4-1

Cowboys 2-5

WFT 2-5

Giants 1-6

Atrocious... 

Looks like the “good old days” of the AFC South.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Why is that bad?

Just because I don't want them to get Lawrence in the draft.   I'd like them to win 3-4 games and draft around 5 or so.  Just looking out for the division in the future.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The game wasn't exactly a shock due to the missing players, but some of the themes were not what I expected, how about you guys?    Reason's the game was lost and what's next:  --------------------------------- 1. Rock Ya Sin.  I think Rock is starting to look more like a Draft miss than hit.  They often refer to his wrestling career, and that is never good because it usually comes after a Defensive Hold or Interference.  He really put us in a bind with his first penalty, and drove a stake in our heart when we had them stopped but they got the ball back for a later TD, and arguments could be made it costs us 14 points because it so deflated our team we went into a tailspin and gave up that ridiculous 4th down play setting up the 5th TD.     2. Loss of poise.  I saw several things, but that horrendous punching and disqualification was so deflating to the teams loss of poise in performance that I wouldn't be disappointed to learn they cut him from the team, though I doubt they have the b*lls.  There should be a near zero tolerance for a role player special teamer to lose his cool that egregiously and cost the team at such a critical time.     3. Loss of AC/Poor O-Line Depth may be a fatal blow to any post season success.  We have a long long history of failure without our most important lineman.  Even though he isn't what he once was (and it has been clear to me he's playing hurt as much as simple decline has kicked in) the drop off is so dire after him that I think only with significant shuffling can we keep Rivers upright and healthy and have any chance to run an offense not always in crises.  With a poor LT, Rivers one glaring weakness, immobility is amplified 10X.  I will say his quick release saved as many sacks as Mahommes could have scrambled out of, but the difference is he can't possibly complete meaningful attacks with so little time or free space to launch it to an open receiver.  Frankly his performance under that pressure was the most impressive performance I have seen from him all year.  But heroic sack saving isn't effective offense.  This lack o-line  depth has been something MANY here have been pointing not only all season and pre season, but literally going back to last season as well.  And we had MUCH better depth last year than this.  It was my #1 concern entering the season.  It was obvious.  A brilliant GM keeps making this same error.  He admitted his failure to secure a quality O-Line his first year (after many had begged the previous GM to do the same, and I believe that is truly what cost him his job, or at least deserved to).     Things that were hopeful: ------------------------------ 1.   Hines has proven to be a warrior.  He's our most important and reliable offensive weapon, much like the pass catching RBs of River's SD teams.  We should never see another game without him being a key contributor, no different than TN using their RB to do the same.   Everyone knew Hines was the only thing working, but he kept working nonetheless.  Reich needs to stop abandoning our key offensive weapon.  I even loved when they sent him deep.  I think HE could be used much like TY used to be, leading to...   2. TY Hilton FINALLY utilized by Reich and Rivers.  TY still has tremendous value.  We were reminded of that finally.  He still has moves, he can still contribute.  Sure, he's not 24 years old anymore, but he is likely our second best weapon after Hines still.  But Rivers simply has no chemistry with him.  All game he was forcing throws to Pascal, who I like, but they had Pascal 100% locked down.  The few catches he made were 50-50 balls.     3.  We saw evidence that our TE's are capable.  Why don't we use them, and use them often?  A three headed monster that should be dominating.  I think for us to have success down the stretch, in addition to using Hilton and Hines, our 3 capable TE's need to be all over the place on short to medium routes using their size and capable hands.  We saw late (too late sadly) that they were playing.  It was almost like they weren't through 3 quarters.  Sure, TN had backed up coverage, but dang, those guys have skills and can be hit quickly.     4. Brissett has been used well in short yardage.  I am glad they are building on this.  Even his relative slowness, he looks like a lightning bolt compared to Rivers.  I do think they need to show some short yardage passing so they keep defenses honest helping his future sneaks.     5. Pinter was serviceable compared to LT options.  I hope our center comes back and finishes the season, but Pinter at least showed a little depth at G/C.     What to do in the future now that winning the division is reasonably out of reach; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 1. The line woes will continue to be a problem.  Depth is simply unacceptable.  I think if AC is lost for the season that we need to rethink positions, such as whether Smith could move to LT and perhaps use Pinter at RT?  I know he has "short arms" for Pro T play, but he has to be better than the other options.  I think they should strongly alter our game plans to account for lesser line e play.  Rivers didn't have time to let route develop, and with no mobility, they are going to have to improve our tepid screen play and conduct more short routes for multiple TE's in 2 TE sets.  Rivers has to be able to get the ball out quick.  I do think the play calling the past 4 weeks had improved, but something happened this game and we were just too limited until late in the game when they were hitting TEs and TY.   More please.     2. Our D should get back in line with the return of the Covid players.  I like the second half adjustments the D is making but why aren't we making these adjustments in the first half.  35 points is too much and the penalties are devastating.  Is it time to play Carrie instead of Ya Sin?  I think they should seriously consider demoting him for back ups.  He's just too much of a liability.  Perhaps if he came in off the bench we could get off the field more often in the first half.     What did you all think? 
    • I don’t mean to offend, but.....   The population of Buffalo is roughly 255,000.   The population of Chicago is roughly 2.66 million.   Our nation’s third largest city.  Plus, they were playing Green Bay, a team that historically gets good TV ratings even though it is much smaller than Buffalo.  It’s the smallest city to have a major sports franchise.  TV ratings are, in part,  why Indianapolis doesn’t get many National games unless they have someone like Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck.    It’s not just about the win-loss records. 
    • Hope he wears his clown mask!  He does very well against HOU historically... today, IMO, was his best game of season.  Would be nice to see him get another TD (or more) and break 100 yards for his first time in a long time.  The past few years he has carried us at the WR position until late in the season when he gets hampered by nagging injury... it'd be really cool if this year he does the opposite (starts slow and ends very solid).
    • Not sure why a couple people are confused about this thread, it's a fair question that people were also considering last season (with JB and Kelly). I was in the camp last year that thought we should have started Kelly once we were out of playoff contention and I have the same stance this season, we have to see what we've got in Eason at some point and it would make sense if there is no chance of playoffs. I wouldn't be totally shocked if Reich didn't play him even if this was the case though.
  • Members

• JPFolks

JPFolks 1,050

• Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 1,117

• 1USCTrojan

1USCTrojan 33

• Arodgers12

Arodgers12 488

• EastStreet

EastStreet 7,615

• NewColtsFan