Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Lions Predictions


Recommended Posts

I'm looking for the Colts run game to get going and how many times JT gets the ball in this game. The Lions give up an average of 117.4 yards per game. Rivers has another solid game where he throws for 3 touchdowns and JT gets a rushing score. Defense won't start off as slow as it did in the Bengals game. 

 

 

 

28-16 Colts. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DownHillRunner said:

I'm looking for the Colts run game to get going and how many times JT gets the ball in this game. The Lions give up an average of 117.4 yards per game. Rivers has another solid game where he throws for 3 touchdowns and JT gets a rushing score. Defense won't start off as slow as it did in the Bengals game. 

 

 

 

28-16 Colts. 

Where do Lions rank in Pass and Run D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts 27

Lions 21

 

I see this as a must win game as well even though we are currently 4-2. After this game, we will be heading into a brutal 9 game stretch, and it will difficult to win most of them. A win Vs the Lions will make it so a 4-5 or 5-4 record the rest of the way can get us into the playoffs, and I think that's doable.

 

We should get Pittman and Leonard back as well, so I can see a win Vs the Lions.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Colts 27

Lions 21

 

I see this as a must win game as well even though we are currently 4-2. After this game, we will be heading into a brutal 9 game stretch, and it will difficult to win most of them. A win Vs the Lions will make it so a 4-5 or 5-4 record the rest of the way can get us into the playoffs, and I think that's doable.

 

We should get Pittman and Leonard back as well, so I can see a win Vs the Lions.

I wouldn't say this is a must win 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I wouldn't say this is a must win 

I definitely do. Lets say we lose hypothetically. We're 4-3. We have a 9 game stretch Vs the Titans twice, the Texans twice, the Jags, the Ravens, the Steelers, the Packers, and the Raiders. Besides the Jags, there are no easy games, and we lost to the Jags in week 1. I can see 4-5 wins in there if we play our best, but not 5-6 if we lose to the Lions.

 

To me, this is a must win and the difference between sneaking into the playoffs as a wildcard and missing it. I don't see us winning the division because of the Titans, so we'll need to make it as a wildcard and win games in the playoffs that way.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we'll win for sure.  Rivers has been playing really good ball indoors this season.

Much better than his outdoors performances for some reason. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i have a bad feeling about this game , the lions are no joke .  stafford is elite and can easily pick apart defenses.  the lions will be 3-3 going into the colts game they could be a playoff team they blew out jags who beat us .  they score points and they have  a tough defense .   the lions had a tough schedule facing the packers bears saints cardinals .  the lions only lost to playoff teams .  with a easy schedule they could be 5-1 right now they are no joke . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the Jets would beat us, until I learned the Jets are basically losing on purpose (they got shutout to the Dolphins, come on), so this will be the trap game where we lose. Sorry Jets fans, I didn't know you guys wanted that draft pick so bad.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ReMeDy said:

I thought the Jets would beat us, until I learned the Jets are basically losing on purpose (they got shutout to the Dolphins, come on), so this will be the trap game where we lose. Sorry Jets fans, I didn't know you guys wanted that draft pick so bad.

If you look at that Jets team, they really don't have much. If Darnold isn't the guy, then they might as well Tank for Trevor. I'm hoping they do so if Ballard has interest in Darnold, he'll be available for trade.

 

If you are a well-coached team, I don't believe in trap games. Reich has to install in the team that no game is easy and every game should be taken seriously. If he doesn't, then it could be considered a "trap game". Most games like that that the better team loses are just due to bad matchups though or key injuries at certain positions. With Leonard and Pittman back, I think we'll win this one. It's what happens after the Lions that will be brutal potentially.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Where do Lions rank in Pass and Run D

they are not ranked good in either , but stats can be misleading .  Look at the offenses they faced , the colts were rank number 1 defense in every stat by far .  Stats can be misleading at times , they lions seem like the blitz a lot watching them play the jags.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2020 at 5:24 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I definitely do. Lets say we lose hypothetically. We're 4-3. We have a 9 game stretch Vs the Titans twice, the Texans twice, the Jags, the Ravens, the Steelers, the Packers, and the Raiders. Besides the Jags, there are no easy games, and we lost to the Jags in week 1. I can see 4-5 wins in there if we play our best, but not 5-6 if we lose to the Lions.

 

To me, this is a must win and the difference between sneaking into the playoffs as a wildcard and missing it. I don't see us winning the division because of the Titans, so we'll need to make it as a wildcard and win games in the playoffs that way.

I don't like the pessimism here, our current in-division record isnt great, but if we beat the titans in our head-to-heads, we control our own destiny for the division.

The Titan's schedule is just as rough as ours. They play:

Bengals (W)
Bears (toss up)
Colts (toss up)
Ravens (probably a L)
Colts (toss up)
Browns (toss up)
Jags (W)
Lions (not a gimme. but probably a W)
Packers (toss up)
Texans (toss up)

As far as I am concerned, they are only really heavily favored to win 3 of those games and the rest are toss ups.

We can still win this division if we handle our own business.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

I don't like the pessimism here, our current in-division record isnt great, but if we beat the titans in our head-to-heads, we control our own destiny for the division.

The Titan's schedule is just as rough as ours. They play:

Bengals (W)
Bears (toss up)
Colts (toss up)
Ravens (probably a L)
Colts (toss up)
Browns (toss up)
Jags (W)
Lions (not a gimme. but probably a W)
Packers (toss up)
Texans (toss up)

As far as I am concerned, they are only really heavily favored to win 3 of those games and the rest are toss ups.

We can still win this division if we handle our own business.

To be fair, when I posted this, the Titans were still undefeated. The Steelers really helped us out. So we'll see what happens from now on. The Colts are in better shape now than 24 hours ago. Only 1 game behind.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be a close game in my opinion.   Detroit has been pretty good this season.   Stafford may pick the defense apart if we play the soft zone.    

 

I'll say 27-26 Colts win.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2020 at 5:54 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Colts 27

Lions 21

 

I see this as a must win game as well even though we are currently 4-2. After this game, we will be heading into a brutal 9 game stretch, and it will difficult to win most of them. A win Vs the Lions will make it so a 4-5 or 5-4 record the rest of the way can get us into the playoffs, and I think that's doable.

 

We should get Pittman and Leonard back as well, so I can see a win Vs the Lions.

Brutal nine game stretch? Vs the 1-6 Texans (x2), the 1-6 Jaguars, vs the 3-3 Raiders, vs the 3-3 Lions? Vs the paper tiger Titans (x2).

 

The Packers and Steelers could be tough, but not unwinable.

 

I think our definition of ‘brutal’ could be very different...

 

It’s a shame we don’t having a purring offence though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Brutal nine game stretch? Vs the 1-6 Texans (x2), the 1-6 Jaguars, vs the 3-3 Raiders, vs the 3-3 Lions? Vs the paper tiger Titans (x2).

 

The Packers and Steelers could be tough, but not unwinable.

 

I think our definition of ‘brutal’ could be very different...

 

It’s a shame we don’t having a purring offence though.

I disagree, I think the schedule get pretty brutal going forward.  The next five games are against teams 23-7 combined record.  Lions, Ravens, Titans, Packers, Titans.   That's a tough part of the schedule.    We'll be lucky to come out of those 5 games 2-3.   That would leave us at 6-5 into the final 5 games which I see us going 3-2 which would leave us at 9-7.    Hopefully we can win 3 of the next five though.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2020 at 12:04 AM, Indyfan4life said:

31-27 Colts

I've noticed most people on here have the Colts winning with a close score kind of like yours.   I went 27-26 Colts win.   This tells me that people think it is a 50/50 game.   I wonder what the Vegas odds will be?

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Myles said:

I disagree, I think the schedule get pretty brutal going forward.  The next five games are against teams 23-7 combined record.  Lions, Ravens, Titans, Packers, Titans.   That's a tough part of the schedule.    We'll be lucky to come out of those 5 games 2-3.   That would leave us at 6-5 into the final 5 games which I see us going 3-2 which would leave us at 9-7.    Hopefully we can win 3 of the next five though.  

Hopefully we  win all five

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

Colts 24 Lions 20

 

I fear you may be right.

 

We start off like the Browns and Bengals games playing zone, go down 10-0, and then come back to tie it by half time 13-13. Play more man the rest of the way and win it along the lines of the above score. I will just add 1 score to it, 27-20. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Myles said:

I disagree, I think the schedule get pretty brutal going forward.  The next five games are against teams 23-7 combined record.  Lions, Ravens, Titans, Packers, Titans.   That's a tough part of the schedule.    We'll be lucky to come out of those 5 games 2-3.   That would leave us at 6-5 into the final 5 games which I see us going 3-2 which would leave us at 9-7.    Hopefully we can win 3 of the next five though.  

I wasn’t hand picking the games, I was covering all 9 games. Tough yes, but not brutal...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

I disagree, I think the schedule get pretty brutal going forward.  The next five games are against teams 23-7 combined record.  Lions, Ravens, Titans, Packers, Titans.   That's a tough part of the schedule.    We'll be lucky to come out of those 5 games 2-3.   That would leave us at 6-5 into the final 5 games which I see us going 3-2 which would leave us at 9-7.    Hopefully we can win 3 of the next five though.  

Lucky to beat the Titans 1 out of 2 and the Lions, to get 2 out of 5 wins? Really?

I could very possibly see us going 3-2 or even 4-1 in that stretch IF things rolled the right way... Ravens and Packers will definitely be tough games, but they arent un-winable. To say we would be lucky to beat the Lions and Titans once is a bit of a stretch.

We arent SB favorites or anything, but the Colts arent a bad team either. Those teams wont be going into games vs the Colts penciling in a W either....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to wait to see who is back before I predict. I do think we'll win, but Detroit's Stafford and Golladay do concern me a bit.

 

We're all alone in the 7th spot for the playoff race, and a win keeps thus there or better.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Lucky to beat the Titans 1 out of 2 and the Lions, to get 2 out of 5 wins? Really?

I could very possibly see us going 3-2 or even 4-1 in that stretch IF things rolled the right way... Ravens and Packers will definitely be tough games, but they arent un-winable. To say we would be lucky to beat the Lions and Titans once is a bit of a stretch.

We arent SB favorites or anything, but the Colts arent a bad team either. Those teams wont be going into games vs the Colts penciling in a W either....

I agree, but we could also go 1-4.    Lions will be the only team we are favored against and I'm not certain about that as I haven't seen a line for next weeks game.   I'd be thrilled if we went 4-1 or 3-2 in the next 5 games.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Colts 30

Lions 13

I think that is the most anyone has predicted the Colts to win by.     Any specific reason why you feel the Colts can go on the road and dominate?  Just curious.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • That is true.  He has said he'd like to remain a Colt (but of course, why would he say otherwise when still under contract).  It may be beneficial to us that he was hurt as he probably won't be the one setting his market price (i.e., it's not like he's coming off an all-pro year and can demand top $, he's going to have to sign a relatively short term deal with minimal guarantees and more incentive-based).     TBH, if he left Indy, I tend to think his most likely destination would be Chicago to reunite w/ Pagano.
    • I haven't been able to watch the last couple of Colts games just listened to them on the radio.  But it seems they have gone a lot more no huddle the last two games and they do very well from it.  So, if the Colts play a significant up temp game on offense, I don't think the Titans can hang with the Colts.  But there are still a lot of unknowns.   Will Reich stick with JT, even if he fumbles or is not lighting it up to start? Will Eberflus finally develop a 1st half game plan instead of waiting for the other team to have two scoring drives before he starts to figure out what they are doing and adjust things to stop it? Now that Pittman is going to get more attention, will someone else step up and be that consistent WR that can beat zone or 1 on 1 matchups. Will Reich play the field position game?  I don't remember the exact stat but last year most of Tenn's scoring drives were 60 yards or less.
    • I don't necessarily disagree with anything you've said.  However, there have been 0 rookie QBs who have made the SB, and only 2, Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco, have won more than 1 game in the playoffs.  SO the chances of a drafted rookie coming in next year and taking us past the wild card round seem pretty negligible.   Sure old man Rivers arm could fail.  Maybe Eason is ready to go next year.  That would probably be pretty shocking but it certainly would be a great boost to the org long term. Trading for a quality QB is possible but not likely.   Hopefully, Luck is bored.  That is really to me the only plausible way for us to significantly improve our QB situation next year. Dak is available.  Other than that, I don't see much on the immediate horizon to compete IN 2021.   Bottom line, is most likely Rivers is our best option assuming he wants to play again.
    • For what it's worth I live in Spokane and see all of the Seahawks games.  Metcalf is usually pretty reliable and I was surprised to see the drops this week.  But, who knows.  He still needs some work.  Lockett is more dependable.  He is fast, runs good routes, and catches just about everything around him.
    • I still think we need to win a championship or get deep multiple years in the playoffs first. He's 1-1 in the Postseason so far. Let's see where we end up. 
  • Members

    • krunk

      krunk 12,860

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 1,390

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nickster

      Nickster 602

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shive

      Shive 2,604

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • pgt_rob

      pgt_rob 2,494

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coffeedrinker

      Coffeedrinker 8,154

      Senior Members
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • our_dbs_rock

      our_dbs_rock 881

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • compuls1v3

      compuls1v3 425

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Arodgers12

      Arodgers12 441

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 2,711

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...