Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DE Cassius Marsh signed to practice squad

Not sure I understand the move, but OK. Wonder if they are thinking SAM and/or DE.

From everything I've read, flashes some, but doesn't really have the power and speed for DE. High motor guy though.

I realize its a highlight reel, but the dude plays very physical, and brings some violence with the hit.  Looks very active and high-motor.  Could-be a special teams gem at the very least.

13 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I realize its a highlight reel, but the dude plays very physical, and brings some violence with the hit.  Looks very active and high-motor.  Could-be a special teams gem at the very least.

from what i read, high motor, over emotional, but not fast or strong enough to hold up as a DE. 

not sure what to think given the recent pick up of Carter. maybe they see him as a SAM/DE hybrid.

In case anyone's curious, here’s the Colts current practice squad:

DT Kameron Cline

DT Chris Williams

DT Robert Windsor

DE Cassius Marsh

LB Najee Goode

DB Andre Chachere

S Ibraheim Campbell

T Carter O'Donnell

G Jake Eldrenkamp

C Joey Hunt

TE Farrod Green

TE Hale Hentges

WR DeMichael Harris

RB Darius Anderson

RB Darius Jackson

K Matt Gay

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
15 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

Seems like a weird move to make right before Turay's set to return.

Who said Turay is returning? Everything I've heard, or rather haven't heard, tells me Turay probably is not all that close to returning.

3 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Who said Turay is returning? Everything I've heard, or rather haven't heard, tells me Turay probably is not all that close to returning.

frank said it at the press conference he hopes to get back turray after the bye

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

frank said it at the press conference he hopes to get back turray after the bye

Hopes to, yes. But not necessarily expecting him to be ready. Here's what he said at the press conference last Monday:

Reich wasn't quite ready to declare one way or another if Turay — who is perhaps the Colts' top speed rusher off the edge — would be available starting next week or not.

"(He's) making good progress," Reich said of Turay. "We'll see after the bye whether he's ready for Detroit or not. I'm not sure about that yet, but he's making good progress."

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Hopes to, yes. But not necessarily expecting him to be ready. Here's what he said at the press conference last Monday:

Reich wasn't quite ready to declare one way or another if Turay — who is perhaps the Colts' top speed rusher off the edge — would be available starting next week or not.

"(He's) making good progress," Reich said of Turay. "We'll see after the bye whether he's ready for Detroit or not. I'm not sure about that yet, but he's making good progress."

If he's making progress that's all that matters he'll probably be back by week 9 if everything is good to go

20 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

Seems like a weird move to make right before Turay's set to return.

This dude was signed to the practice squad.   Has nothing to do with Turan or anyone else on the active roster or IR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
18 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

If he's making progress that's all that matters he'll probably be back by week 9 if everything is good to go

Agree, hope he's back soon. Guess we'll know more in a couple days...Reich also says Turay will have to practice a couple of weeks before he is ready to play.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 8:43 PM, Solon said:

Colts want more pressure off the edge. Good depth signing.

Yeah have to agree with you. The more depth we have the fresher players will be on defense.