Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ok I know fellow Pats fans are on this board, and Colt fans in general are usually pretty smart and welcoming here.  

that said am I alone thinking the Pats would have been better off starting Stidham from week 1?  I feel we have the same record maybe even 3-2 or even if it is worse we at least know he isn’t the answer and we need draft a new QB.

Now with Cam here all I do know is that Cam arm is shot and he has ZERO pocket presence.  He is definitely not the answer going forward.

I won’t lie I wanted Stidham to start after Brady left for TB.  For the simple reason being if we are going to suck let’s suck when there are two good to great QBs to be had in the draft in Lawrence and Fields.  If he does well or even shows to be average to above average we still a playoff team if not a SB contender with BB Defense. (Top ranked with 6 starters opting out)

Am I crazy thinking this way? Is Cam better than I think he is?  Please people without rose colored glasses advise me.. lol

On 10/24/2020 at 9:15 AM, JimJaime said:

Ok I know fellow Pats fans are on this board, and Colt fans in general are usually pretty smart and welcoming here.  

that said am I alone thinking the Pats would have been better off starting Stidham from week 1?  I feel we have the same record maybe even 3-2 or even if it is worse we at least know he isn’t the answer and we need draft a new QB.

Now with Cam here all I do know is that Cam arm is shot and he has ZERO pocket presence.  He is definitely not the answer going forward.

I won’t lie I wanted Stidham to start after Brady left for TB.  For the simple reason being if we are going to suck let’s suck when there are two good to great QBs to be had in the draft in Lawrence and Fields.  If he does well or even shows to be average to above average we still a playoff team if not a SB contender with BB Defense. (Top ranked with 6 starters opting out)

Am I crazy thinking this way? Is Cam better than I think he is?  Please people without rose colored glasses advise me.. lol

More than likely your QB of the future is not on your roster yet. If NE keeps playing like they are , it's Imo you will very likely to get a good look at Stidham. Seems to me that if he was that highly thought of , he would have been given the starting job this year ?

On 10/24/2020 at 12:15 PM, JimJaime said:

I chuckle at this. Not because of you, but because several on this forum just two or three weeks ago were screaming and clamoring for Cam.

• Like 4
On 10/24/2020 at 12:15 PM, JimJaime said:

He’s not looking good today.  I have a bet with a pats fan on who wins more games.  I think I’m free rolling right now. I don’t see the pats winning more than 4 

Cam is no longer the dominate player he once was. That shoulder injury was serious and one has to wonder if it affected him just as much mentally as physically, and then he suffered the foot injury, causing the IR status and eventual release from the Panthers. 

I was also thinking Stidham would be the starter, before the Cam signing. And, as I'm typing this it looks like Cam has been benched and Jarrett is now in. 

• Like 1

Can was 9/15 for 98 yards and 3 INT's.  He also had 5 rushed for 19 yards.   Not really numbers you want from your starting QB.  

I think the Pats win 6-8 games this year.  No playoffs.  

Cam looked defeated today from the start. Very strange. Seems like something is going on with him mentally. I would think the Pats look at the draft next year. Stidham does not look very good either.

29 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

LOL,thought you were implying  someone else can't! [PR}

Well that's entirely true. Rivers can't run at all, Cam is much better at getting away from the rush. That's just one part of playing QB though.

On 10/25/2020 at 6:26 PM, Fluke_33 said:

He’s not looking good today.  I have a bet with a pats fan on who wins more games.  I think I’m free rolling right now. I don’t see the pats winning more than 4 

I know I think there trying to lose for Lawerence. I know there record is not going to be bad enough to get Lawerence but they can think they can trade into it. If they can get into a top ten draft position.. I mean Belichick Is so smart he probably thinks he can figure it out. If they keep losing. 

• Like 2