Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucs will sign Antonio Brown to a one-year deal (Merge)


Recommended Posts

Here's the link.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-joining-buccaneers-on-a-one-year-deal-and-will-likely-make-debut-in-week-9-per-report/

 

Winning teams make moves to improve, and mediocre teams stay mediocre. We had a chance at Bell, Brown, and Ngakoue. All at positions of need, and they signed with teams that are trying to win. Why aren't we trying to get over that hump at 4-2? Very upsetting.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree. They were at #13 last year. They could have moved to #5 and gotten Herbert. Makes me question Ballards ability to scout qbs

How is this clown still in the league?

I love the trade, but I would rather have Herbert..

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Here's the link.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-joining-buccaneers-on-a-one-year-deal-and-will-likely-make-debut-in-week-9-per-report/

 

Winning teams make moves to improve, and mediocre teams stay mediocre. We had a chance at Bell, Brown, and Ngakoue. All at positions of need, and they signed with teams that are trying to win. Why aren't we trying to get over that hump at 4-2? Very upsetting.

You get upset at every person Colts don't sign and the poor attitude isn't helping. 

 

Why do you think Brown only signed a 1 year deal?

 

Because he is an absolute joke off the field and a locker room cancer.

 

I hope he once again screws up cause im sick and freakin tired of this clown getting another shot. 

 

Same for Josh Gordon too

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Here's the link.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-joining-buccaneers-on-a-one-year-deal-and-will-likely-make-debut-in-week-9-per-report/

 

Winning teams make moves to improve, and mediocre teams stay mediocre. We had a chance at Bell, Brown, and Ngakoue. All at positions of need, and they signed with teams that are trying to win. Why aren't we trying to get over that hump at 4-2? Very upsetting.

plus bucs are 4 - 2 as well but they are a winning team and we arent?!?!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

You get upset at every person Colts don't sign and the poor attitude isn't helping. 

 

Why do you think Brown only signed a 1 year deal?

 

Because he is an absolute joke off the field and a locker room cancer.

 

I hope he once again screws up cause im sick and freakin tired of this clown getting another shot. 

 

Same for Josh Gordon too

Dan... I get upset because of the teams who are signing them or trading for them. Chiefs (Bell), Ravens (Ngakoue), Bucs (Brown). What do all these teams have in common? They are playoff teams trying to win a SB. They are taking the extra step. The Colts were supposedly going for it this year, had some injuries, all these guys can fill a need, and we go after none of those. If we don't win the SB this year and Rivers retires, then we won't have a chance for another couple years without a solid QB unless we repeat the FA route again. This is our chance, if it fails, it fails, but we have to try.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Dan... I get upset because of the teams who are signing them or trading for them. Chiefs (Bell), Ravens (Ngakoue), Bucs (Brown). What do all these teams have in common? They are playoff teams trying to win a SB. They are taking the extra step. The Colts were supposedly going for it this year, had some injuries, all these guys can fill a need, and we go after none of those. If we don't win the SB this year and Rivers retires, then we won't have a chance for another couple years without a solid QB unless we repeat the FA route again. This is our chance, if it fails, it fails, but we have to try.

The Colts arent going all in this year.

Ballard will prepare this team beyond 20'

 

Losing out on a 1 year rental on a guy who has constantly proven to be a joke isn't a big deal

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The Colts arent going all in this year.

Ballard will prepare this team beyond 20'

 

Losing out on a 1 year rental on a guy who has constantly proven to be a joke isn't a big deal

What is Ballard on the 10 year plan? Right now his record looks horrible compared to Grigson and that is a sad truth..When does he have to win?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jshipp23 said:

What is Ballard on the 10 year plan? Right now his record looks horriblw compared to Grigson..When does he have to win?

 

 

Ballard took a team decimated with bad contracts and aging veterans and has slowly turned it around.

 

If you want Grigson back you might be the dumbest person on this forum. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

 

 

Ballard took a team decimated with bad contracts and aging veterans and has slowly turned it around.

 

If you want Grigson back you might be the dumbest person on this forum. 

Turned it around? We had one winning season carried by Luck and Leonard mainly and Luck gave up..He isn't Ozzie Newsome..We had no losing seasons in Grigson era and I'm no Grigson fan..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jshipp23 said:

Turned it around? We had one winning season carried by Luck and Leonard mainly and Luck gave up..He isn't Ozzie Newsome

Yes Grigson would have us drafting top 10 every year.

 

Ballard has done a fine job improving the team since Grigson and is making improvements every single year.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Yes Grigson would have us drafting top 10 every year.

 

Ballard has done a fine job improving the team since Grigson and is making improvements every single year.

 

 

Trust me I know Grigson was trash, Im just saying..His record is better than Ballard..We were 8-8 with Pagano and starting 5 different QBs..

At what point do we see the results?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Trust me I know Grigson was trash, Im just saying..His record is better than Ballard..We were 8-8 with Pagano and starting 5 different QBs..

At what point do we see the results?

His record was better cause of Luck. 

A once in a generation QB helps that 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No...Id like us to try and do something though..A practice squad guy we signed off street looks to be #1 receiver..We couldve drafted Metcalf which I wanted..Could have drafted T.J. Watt which I wanted..I don't know man..I don't like the looks of things..Brutal schedule coming up

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

At some point we need to do SOMETHING for Ballard to live up to the hype..

Ballard has lived up to the hype as far as drafting goes. There are two reasons we won't win a SB with him though. 1.) He won't ever draft or sign anyone with character concerns. He wants the team to have a squeaky-clean image, and that will cost us a lot of high-end talent. 2.) Along with point 1 in a way, Ballard refuses to take any risks. He wants to do it his way, a slow and methodical process through the draft. He won't spend in FA, he won't trade up in the draft. The process is dragging along, and we don't have a QB, elite edge rusher, or elite WR. Two of those available the last few days and Darnold probably available soon (we'll see how that works out).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard has lived up to the hype as far as drafting goes. There are two reasons we won't win a SB with him though. 1.) He won't ever draft or sign anyone with character concerns. He wants the team to have a squeaky-clean image, and that will cost us a lot of high-end talent. 2.) Along with point 1 in a way, Ballard refuses to take any risks. He wants to do it his way, a slow and methodical process through the draft. He won't spend in FA, he won't trade up in the draft. The process is dragging along, and we don't have a QB, elite edge rusher, or elite WR. Two of those available the last few days and Darnold probably available soon (we'll see how that works out).

 

 

Im not against Darnold either if Jets haven't ruined him already..He looked good end of last year..

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jshipp23 said:

Im not against Darnold either if Jets haven't ruined him already..He looked good end of last year..

Darnold would do well here. Everyone who plays under Gase does much worse than their actual ability. Tannehill, Parker, Osemele, Anderson, Gesicki, Drake, just to name a few have all done better after leaving Gase or him leaving them, and that's just on offense. I trust Darnold to do better here. Ballard has a good relationship with the Jets, and Rex Hogan is their assistant GM who used to work under Ballard. 

 

Of course, we probably won't get him, and everyone will defend the move when we sign a FA QB to compete with Eason and next year is a wash as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard has lived up to the hype as far as drafting goes. There are two reasons we won't win a SB with him though. 1.) He won't ever draft or sign anyone with character concerns. He wants the team to have a squeaky-clean image, and that will cost us a lot of high-end talent. 2.) Along with point 1 in a way, Ballard refuses to take any risks. He wants to do it his way, a slow and methodical process through the draft. He won't spend in FA, he won't trade up in the draft. The process is dragging along, and we don't have a QB, elite edge rusher, or elite WR. Two of those available the last few days and Darnold probably available soon (we'll see how that works out).

 

 

Grigson proved going all in FAs doesn't equal success after the Gore and Johnson disaster 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danlhart87 said:

Grigson proved going all in FAs doesn't equal success after the Gore and Johnson disaster 

Where did I say that? You have to build a team around the draft. However, you have to sprinkle in FA's as well. Especially when we can't draft in areas such as WR, EDGE, and now QB (because of draft position). You use FA's to sign needs and draft BPA. That's how it's supposed to be, and Ballard isn't filling our needs with elite FA's and players that are available for trade.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Where did I say that? You have to build a team around the draft. However, you have to sprinkle in FA's as well. Especially when we can't draft in areas such as WR, EDGE, and now QB (because of draft position). You use FA's to sign needs and draft BPA. That's how it's supposed to be, and Ballard isn't filling our needs with elite FA's and players that are available for trade.

Ngakoue threw a fit with Jags until they traded him. 

 

Bell sat out a year and ended up on a bad team with an even smaller contract 

 

Brown ruined his chance with all 3 teams he played for. 

 

None of which are big losses 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Its been 4 years and probably no playoffs again..

Gonna be middle of pack again..And what really worries me is he was gonna hire McDaniels .. get your wallet out after this season and pay Jim Harbaugh whatever it takes to bring him here..

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

Wow. What a signing. Must feel good for Brady to see his team go all in for him. A one year deal is pretty sweet. His first game is week 9 vs the Saints in Tampa.

why is everyone supporting this?

brown has yet to prove he's worth a chance 

 

3x he has screwed up and teams keep giving this guy a chance 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

why is everyone supporting this?

brown has yet to prove he's worth a chance 

 

3x he has screwed up and teams keep giving this * a chance 

He is a great receiver so he will always be giving a chance. He was actually fine in New England until the tweets with that woman. I guess we will find out if he is reformed or not. He certainly loves Brady. Amazing how they formed such a bond in 11 days. LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Ngakoue threw a fit with Jags until they traded him. 

 

Bell sat out a year and ended up on a bad team with an even smaller contract 

 

Brown ruined his chance with all 3 teams he played for. 

 

None of which are big losses 

We are neutral by not signing them. However, the Chiefs get better, the Ravens get better, and the Bucs get better. Two of those teams are in the AFC and are probably the two top teams in the conference. That's the point you are missing. They are increasing their odds of making and winning the SB while we do nothing.

 

A similar argument is if a team didn't have a 1st round pick hypothetically and argued that they didn't get any worse and are fine. Yes, you didn't get worse, but every team with a 1st round pick just got better. The Chiefs and Ravens got better. That's my point. We remain the same.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

We are neutral by not signing them. However, the Chiefs get better, the Ravens get better, and the Bucs get better. Two of those teams are in the AFC and are probably the two top teams in the conference. That's the point you are missing. They are increasing their odds of making and winning the SB while we do nothing.

 

A similar argument is if a team didn't have a 1st round pick hypothetically and argued that they didn't get any worse and are fine. Yes, you didn't get worse, but every team with a 1st round pick just got better. The Chiefs and Ravens got better. That's my point. We remain the same.

Does anyone remember when we had a chance to get Mike Vrabel ???smh

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NFLfan changed the title to Bucs will sign Antonio Brown to a one-year deal (Merge)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Totally agree. I was just talking in terms of message board chatter. This place will be a not so fun read for the next few months.   I grew up on Jeff George types so I get losing.   There's going to be a ton of 'go get your guy'... Whoever that guy is?? I'm preparing myself for a lean year or two and hope to be surprised come September.
    • yep same here, i wasn't sold on Rivers, but I would have liked to seen us for the first time since Reich has been here, have the same QB starting back to back years.  I know Reich gets a LOT of flak and much of it is deserved, and I give a lot to him myself, but to be fair, he's not really had any consistency at the most critical position in the game.  for that contract, i'd have to have a 1
    • I would rather offer them Frank & our 1st for their 1st & a 3rd & let the Frank & Wentz rebirth project happen in Philly.  We take that pick and get our QB this year.  CB picks his own coach (I’m sure he’s been hoping the Bears would have fired Nagy.  Nagy has same overall record as Frank over these 3 years (28-20) except he had no Luck or Rivers.  And he seemed like CB’s first choice back in the day.  And unlike Frank, he’s willing to relinquish play calling duties).  Or maybe we just promote Eberflus and bring in a young creative O.C. to grow with our new QB.  Regardless what we do, please no Reich & Wentz here.  That sounds like a Philly Special. 
    • It really doesn't force anything. They could do the same thing (stop gap) again. They could draft another dice roll again. They could try to trade for a vet with questions... And if they swing and miss, could be JB again......    Some things I'm sure could work out, but some things might not. We were very close to a 13-3 season (minus silly stuff vs Jax and Pit) and a #2 playoff spot. I would have been more than happy to build off last year with PR again with better chemistry now with pass catchers, and a more mature RB.
    • Except we won't win anything for a couple of years.  By that time IMO, our group here will be disperesed.  We won't be able to pay the line, Leonard, etc.  We could conceivably retool over that time and be as strong, but I wouldn't bank on that.   If we are going rookie, I'd rather see us trade some real assets and go ahead and rebuild the thing.  Reset the thing.   I hope we get a good vet.  Who that is and how we can afford the draft capital, I am just clueless.      
  • Members

    • Beardog

      Beardog 18

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 8,602

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtV

      ColtV 169

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mackrel829

      Mackrel829 9

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Balzer40

      Balzer40 0

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • holeymoley99

      holeymoley99 483

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colt.45

      Colt.45 289

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Smoke317

      Smoke317 1,141

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Chloe6124

      Chloe6124 9,044

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • uniquicity

      uniquicity 0

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...