Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Using speed only as a reason to go after QB is very misleading.

What is Jones career numbers passing wise?

I dont know??? I know I've watched about 5 games last few years and I see a major talent..He can throw too, Ill say it again he reminds me of Steve Young..He is stuck in a bad situation, but dude has everything talent wise to be elite...He needs a good situation, but he has every tool..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

I dont know??? I know I've watched about 5 games last few years and I see a major talent..He can throw too, Ill say it again he reminds me of Steve Young..He is stuck in a bad situation, but dude has everything talent wise to be elite...He needs a good situation, but he has every tool..

I'm gonna need a lot more than the kids fast to give up 1st rounder. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He can make every throw ..Most of his problems are due to a crap team and coaches...

Apparently not every throw. 

He currently ranks 3rd for most INT and 26th in completion percentage. 

Do more research before you speak 

9 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Apparently not every throw. 

He currently ranks 3rd for most INT and 26th in completion percentage. 

Do more research before you speak 

I spit out my drink..You obviously havent watched Giants..He has one of worst olines in NFL and no talent other than Barkley who is out for a year and will never be the same...As well crap coaching and management..Unlike NBA, NFL is a true team sport..Mahommes would struggle on Giants..

On 10/23/2020 at 7:12 PM, Four2itus said:

Honestly, I like Jones, but he is not going to be the answer for this team in the future. I think he is better than he is showing on the Giants, but I don't see him as an upgrade over the Colts QB room. 

His mental clock betrays him a lot, you don't fumble so many times if you listened to it enough. Just saying. :2c:

He uses his legs better obviously than any Colts QB but fumbles and relying on your legs are not a recipe for winning football. He does throw an accurate ball but the same knock on Eason vs pressure might end up being the knock on him as well. So why not at least give Eason a chance?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

His mental clock betrays him a lot, you don't fumble so many times if you listened to it enough. Just saying. :2c:

Thats why Colts are being careful with Eason..Giants threw Jones to Wolves too soon..It can ruin a player..My point is he has the natural stuff you can't coach..He just needs a good coach and talent around him..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

I spit out my drink..You obviously havent watched Giants..He has one of worst olines in NFL and no talent othwr than Barkley..And crap coaching and management..Unlike NBA, NFL is a true team sport..Mahommes would struggle on Giants..

Luck had one of the worst lines in the NFL for years but his numbers weren't at the bottom.

You can blame the line and the coaches all you want but elite players make plays regardless of the talent around them.

Its what makes them elite !

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Thats why Colts are being careful with Eason..Giants threw Jones to Wolves too soon..It can ruin a player..My point is he has the natural stuff you can't coach..He just needs a good coach and talent around him..

They kind of had too throw him in. Who else would be their starter?

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Luck had one of the worst lines in the NFL for years but his numbers weren't at the bottom.

You can blame the line and the coaches all you want but elite players make plays regardless of the talent around them.

Its what makes them elite !

He isnt yet..He has to grow and learn..He has all the physical talent in world if handled correctly he can be elite in a few years..He isn't Rosen, he is more Tannehill..For perspective

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

We have pro bowlers and 2nd round picks..Idk..Id take our wr over Giants all day plus we have a great line..

The line is better certainly!

The point is great players play great regardless of talent around them. 

You brought up Mahomes

Before he showed Chiefs were one and done every few years.

He is a great QB! Jones is not!

21 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He uses his legs better obviously than any Colts QB but fumbles and relying on your legs are not a recipe for winning football. He does throw an accurate ball but the same knock on Eason vs pressure might end up being the knock on him as well. So why not at least give Eason a chance?

Im not against that..Unfortunately none of us have seen Eason perform in a real NFL game..So speculation on him is irrelevant at this time..We can hope all we want..Im glad they are redshirting him though..Maybe we hit lottery, or maybe he fell to 4th, and we passed on him twice till 4th round was for a reason..