Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

Listen..Ive watched quite a few Giant games and he pops to me..Reminds me of Steve Young..He is stuck on a horrible team with no line or talent..Put him with us and we are scary...I really hope they choose to go in another direction and he is available...I think its very possible if they have a top 5 pick..

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Listen..Ive watched quite a few Giant games and he pops to me..Reminds me of Steve Young.He is stuck on a horrible team with no line or talent..Put him with us and we are scary...I really hope they choose to go in another direction and he is available...I think its very possible if they have a top 5 pick..

adam sandler comedy GIF

 

No thanks

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

:sigh: Eventually, people gonna run out of names for the Let’s trade for QB (insert any QB here) from a failing team notion, right? 
 

Eason is most likely to be this teams future. Short of lightning striking, and us landing an opportunity to get Lawrence, we aren’t going to be trading for a QB, now or in the future

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Listen..Ive watched quite a few Giant games and he pops to me..Reminds me of Steve Young..He is stuck on a horrible team with no line or talent..Put him with us and we are scary...I really hope they choose to go in another direction and he is available...I think its very possible if they have a top 5 pick..

Honestly, I like Jones, but he is not going to be the answer for this team in the future. I think he is better than he is showing on the Giants, but I don't see him as an upgrade over the Colts QB room. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Listen..Ive watched quite a few Giant games and he pops to me..Reminds me of Steve Young..He is stuck on a horrible team with no line or talent..Put him with us and we are scary...I really hope they choose to go in another direction and he is available...I think its very possible if they have a top 5 pick..

Hey Jshipp! Haven't seen you on here for a while! I think Jones is a decent QB if he gets away from the Giants, and his price wouldn't be too high based on his current performances. I'm not sure if the Giants would trade him though honestly. I'd give a 4th rounder for him and have him compete with Eason next year, just not sure if the Giants would do it. Seems like a fair option though, as you said, if the Giants have a top 5 pick, which is very possible without Barkley for the year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I watch him he does stuff that makes me get why they took him that early..Maybe its just the games I happened to watch, I dont know?.Tampa Game last year he won me 500 bucks,  comes to mind..He has had lousy coaches and talent around him, but I really do see a ton of potential..

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, csmopar said:

:sigh: Eventually, people gonna run out of names for the Let’s trade for QB (insert any QB here) from a failing team notion, right? 
 

Eason is most likely to be this teams future. Short of lightning striking, and us landing an opportunity to get Lawrence, we aren’t going to be trading for a QB, now or in the future

I feel like anybody at this point is an option sadly according to the forum

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Listen..Ive watched quite a few Giant games and he pops to me..Reminds me of Steve Young..He is stuck on a horrible team with no line or talent..Put him with us and we are scary...I really hope they choose to go in another direction and he is available...I think its very possible if they have a top 5 pick..

the rumors of the giants giving up on jones are only if they have a top 3 pick .  if they do its gonna be next off season not this year .  he is not worth a first or a second round pick , but a 3rd rounder yes i would be happy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the rumors of the giants giving up on jones are only if they have a top 3 pick .  if they do its gonna be next off season not this year .  he is not worth a first or a second round pick , but a 3rd rounder yes i would be happy

Im talking off season as well, not right now..Id happily give a 2nd and maybe a 1st..

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Im talking off season as well, not right now..

i watch plenty of giants games jones has some major flaws its not just the giants .  he has trouble going through his progressions he seems to lock onto his first target if he is not open he likes to run .   He is a project like eason i dont know why the giants took him so high . He would be better sitting for a year or two and working on his flaws .  IT would be dumb for the giants to give up after 2 years even if they get a another QB in the draft i would let them compete .  I would still be in favor of a trade just not a high pick .  Giving a first or second rounder the guy needs to be good already not a project .   

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i watch plenty of giants games jones has some major flaws its not just the giants .  he has trouble going through his progressions he seems to lock onto his first target if he is not open he likes to run .   He is a project like eason i dont know why the giants took him so high . He would be better sitting for a year or two and working on his flaws .  IT would be dumb for the giants to give up after 2 years even if they get a another QB in the draft i would let them compete .  I would still be in favor of a trade just not a high pick .  Giving a first or second rounder the guy needs to be good already not a project .   

Do you see the talent and what could be if he was in a better situation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Do you see the talent and what could be if he was in a better situation?


I see some talent but nothing that truly blows my dress up.  Nothing that says go ahead and pay the ransoms it will take to get him. 
 

This is really a ridiculous thread anyway - the Giants will not be giving up on Jones just two years in unless they are in position to draft Lawrence or Fields. That won’t happen because they are in the NFC East and will stumble into enough wins to take away that possibility. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jskinnz said:


I see some talent but nothing that truly blows my dress up.  Nothing that says go ahead and pay the ransoms it will take to get him. 
 

This is really a ridiculous thread anyway - the Giants will not be giving up on Jones just two years in unless they are in position to draft Lawrence or Fields. That won’t happen because they are in the NFC East and will stumble into enough wins to take away that possibility. 

No idea you are a woman, always thought you were a guy. Learned something today on the forum!

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jskinnz said:


I see some talent but nothing that truly blows my dress up.  Nothing that says go ahead and pay the ransoms it will take to get him. 
 

This is really a ridiculous thread anyway - the Giants will not be giving up on Jones just two years in unless they are in position to draft Lawrence or Fields. That won’t happen because they are in the NFC East and will stumble into enough wins to take away that possibility. 

I think there is a reasonable chance that very thing could happen as to why I made this post....

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I think there is a reasonable chance that very thing could happen as to why I made this post....


There is no sign the Jets are going to win more than a couple of games. They are void of talent and poorly coached. There is absolutely the chance the Giants pick up at least 4-5 wins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see you back Jshipp23.

Regarding Jones, I really haven't seen him play too much. But like Darnold and a ton of others,  it's  hard to shine or evaluate someone when their on a dysfunctional team and lack of talent around you.

I always respect your opinion and will watch Jones more closely  now.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jskinnz said:


There is no sign the Jets are going to win more than a couple of games. They are void of talent and poorly coached. There is absolutely the chance the Giants pick up at least 4-5 wins. 

Maybe they don't want to win..It would be the smart play at this point...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jskinnz said:


I see some talent but nothing that truly blows my dress up.  Nothing that says go ahead and pay the ransoms it will take to get him. 
 

This is really a ridiculous thread anyway - the Giants will not be giving up on Jones just two years in unless they are in position to draft Lawrence or Fields. That won’t happen because they are in the NFC East and will stumble into enough wins to take away that possibility. 

You are correct.    Jones hasn’t disappointed enough for the Giants to want to move on from him already.   And nor has he done enough for the Colts to want to pay the price that they’d have to pay to get him.   New York is not ready to have a fire sale on Jones.  They want as close to full payment as possible.   Ballard would likely only want him on a discount.  Don’t see this happening. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You are correct.    Jones hasn’t disappointed enough for the Giants to want to move on from him already.   And nor has he done enough for the Colts to want to pay the price that they’d have to pay to get him.   New York is not ready to have a fire sale on Jones.  They want as close to full payment as possible.   Ballard would likely only want him on a discount.  Don’t see this happening. 

Lets say Giants are in top 5 and love a QB in this draft...The regime now isn't the same regime that Drafted Jones..Maybe they want to choose their own guy?...Would you be willing to give up a 1st for him?  That's only if we dont already have our next QB in Eason...Which we wont know till he sees live fire...I'm not pinning my hopes on Eason yet...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jshipp23 said:

Lets say Giants are in top 5 and love a QB in this draft...The regime now isn't the same regime that Drafted Jones..Maybe they want to choose their own guy?...Would you be willing to give up a 1st for him?  That's only if we dont already have our next QB in Eason...Which we wont know till he sees live fire...I'm not pinning my hopes on Eason..

I wouldn't give up a 3rd for Jones let alone a 1st.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Lets say Giants are in top 5 and love a QB in this draft...The regime now isn't the same regime that Drafted Jones..Maybe they want to choose their own guy?...Would you be willing to give up a 1st for him?  That's only if we dont already have our next QB in Eason...Which we wont know till he sees live fire...I'm not pinning my hopes on Eason yet...

Sorry....   this IS the same front office.   Dave Gettleman is the GM.  He drafted Jones and Barkley in the 18 and 19 drafts.   He took tremendous heat for the Jones pick.   Taking him with the 6th pick was not popular.   
 

Now if Gettleman gets fired and the new GM wants to have a sale that might be a different story.   Ballard prefers shopping in the discount isle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry....   this IS the same front office.   Dave Gettleman is the GM.  He drafted Jones and Barkley in the 18 and 19 drafts.   He took tremendous heat for the Jones pick.   Taking him with the 6th pick was not popular.   
 

Now if Gettleman gets fired and the new GM wants to have a sale that might be a different story.   Ballard prefers shopping in the discount isle. 

I thought they got rid of Gettleman..GOOD chance they will this year then..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry....   this IS the same front office.   Dave Gettleman is the GM.  He drafted Jones and Barkley in the 18 and 19 drafts.   He took tremendous heat for the Jones pick.   Taking him with the 6th pick was not popular.   
 

Now if Gettleman gets fired and the new GM wants to have a sale that might be a different story.   Ballard prefers shopping in the discount isle. 

He was smart to choose Jones over Haskins at least. Haskins is a HUGE bust!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

He was smart to choose Jones over Haskins at least. Haskins is a HUGE bust!

Jones clocked fastest top speed by a QB this year including Lamar Jackson and was almost as fast as Tyreek Hill...Jones can also throw 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I fully expect a lot of these guys to be gone.    Hilton offer would be a pay-go structure, no big bonus, no big guarantees. I don't think people appreciate how often Hilton was doubled, even bracketed, at times this season. He gave the other receivers one on ones quite a bit, just based on some of my all 22 viewing over the past couple weeks. That average value would make him 22nd highest on the WR scale, and is a decrease from his previous contract. Your mileage may vary, but I think it's a fair and reasonable offer for a legacy guy who can still play, despite popular opinion.   Mack and Hooker are likely gone. They might keep JB around, the strategy is still up in the air. No big money, though. Sounds like they're letting Walker walk (no pun intended), but if he wanted to wait a year until the cap begins to normalize, I'd be okay with that. One year, $5m might be better.   Rhodes was a top ten corner this year, and was really good for us. That average would make him the 20th highest paid corner in the league. He's gonna test the market, and I think he'll get something close.   Autry is a JAG who played well in his role, but will be 31 next year and isn't a difference maker. He can walk.    Same for MAC, he's a one note player without much upside. He's replaceable. 
    • OK, if the Eagles said, like the Osweiler deal the Texans made with the Browns and said, I will give you a current 2nd and future 3rd if you take Wentz and his entire contract, would you do it?   I would definitely think about it, personally in that scenario. 
    • TY Hilton (13M in 2020): 1/$9M (signs with another team) Marlon Mack (0.63M):  1/$2M w/incentives (signs with another team) Justin Houston (9M):  2/$17M Denico Autry (5.7M): 2/$15M (signs with another team) Xavier Rhodes (3.25M): 2/$24M  Anthony Walker Jr. (2.1M): 3/$16M (signs with another team) Malik Hooker (3.1M): 2/$14M (signs with another team) Jacoby Brissett (21.3M): 2/$10M (signs with another team) Zach Pascal (0.75M): original round tender (2.1M) that turns into a 2/$12M (signs with another team) Mo-Alie Cox (0.75M): 2/S9M   Only Houston, Rhodes and MAC return from this list. Colts reap several Day 3 comp picks they will used to replace future draft capital that will be used via trades this offseason.
    • Anyone here believe Marcus Mariota could be salvageable?I bet we could get him cheap. He could make a good place holder until we have our guy here and ready.
    • To add some color around my recommendations   TY Hilton (13M in 2020) -- 2 years, 16M --averages around 600ish yards the last two years. Needs to move to slot, and at most 8M a year.   Marlon Mack (0.63M) -- 1 year 1M --only if he clears the physical and hasn't lost too much speed. 1M would be fine if he hasn't lost much. he knows the system, has good vision, and would make a great #2. He also has a lot to prove if he wants to rebound and get a good offer in 2022.   Justin Houston (9M) -- 2 years, 16M --tied for 21st in sacks, and was top 10 in pass rush win rate. He was great value last year at 9M.   Denico Autry (5.7M) -- 1 year, 4M 30th in sacks, 32nd in hurries, and provides DT/DE flex. Great value even at last years rate.   Xavier Rhodes (3.25M) -- 2 years, 20M --13th best in completion rate allowed. But aging. Might go to 3 years if that's what it takes. Fits our scheme well.   Anthony Walker Jr. (2.1M) -- 2 years, 7M --Tackle machine who would be better as a true ILB in a 3-4. Still great value at 3.5 a year even if depth.   Malik Hooker (3.1M) -- 2 years, 7M (only if we continue to play more single high C1/C3) --We played more C1/C3 (single high) this year, and Hooker is best in that coverage. Blackmon really struggled late in coverage.   Jacoby Brissett (21.3M) -- 1 year, 2M (2 years if we intend to start Eason) --There are a ton of options for backup this year in FA. If we draft or sign another FA, let walk.    Zach Pascal (0.75M) -- choice between original round tender (2.1M) or 3 year 5M fully guaranteed --averaged about the same as Hilton the last 2 years. He's a very good 4th WR option and can flex from X to big-slot.   Mo-Alie Cox (0.75M) -- choice between second round tender (3.2M) or 3 year 7.5M fully guaranteed --killed it in just about every stat category. Good value if we can get him on a 3 year / 7.5M deal even if he's only a #2.
  • Members

    • shasta519

      shasta519 2,631

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtV

      ColtV 169

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Derakynn

      Derakynn 113

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • zibby43

      zibby43 1,059

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shive

      Shive 1,713

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hammer

      Hammer 163

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • uniquicity

      uniquicity 0

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hark

      Hark 335

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MPStack

      MPStack 3,234

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • fatboy

      fatboy 59

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...