Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Listen..Ive watched quite a few Giant games and he pops to me..Reminds me of Steve Young..He is stuck on a horrible team with no line or talent..Put him with us and we are scary...I really hope they choose to go in another direction and he is available...I think its very possible if they have a top 5 pick..

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
7 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Listen..Ive watched quite a few Giant games and he pops to me..Reminds me of Steve Young.He is stuck on a horrible team with no line or talent..Put him with us and we are scary...I really hope they choose to go in another direction and he is available...I think its very possible if they have a top 5 pick..

adam sandler comedy GIF

No thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

:sigh: Eventually, people gonna run out of names for the Let’s trade for QB (insert any QB here) from a failing team notion, right? 

Eason is most likely to be this teams future. Short of lightning striking, and us landing an opportunity to get Lawrence, we aren’t going to be trading for a QB, now or in the future

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Listen..Ive watched quite a few Giant games and he pops to me..Reminds me of Steve Young..He is stuck on a horrible team with no line or talent..Put him with us and we are scary...I really hope they choose to go in another direction and he is available...I think its very possible if they have a top 5 pick..

Honestly, I like Jones, but he is not going to be the answer for this team in the future. I think he is better than he is showing on the Giants, but I don't see him as an upgrade over the Colts QB room. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Hey Jshipp! Haven't seen you on here for a while! I think Jones is a decent QB if he gets away from the Giants, and his price wouldn't be too high based on his current performances. I'm not sure if the Giants would trade him though honestly. I'd give a 4th rounder for him and have him compete with Eason next year, just not sure if the Giants would do it. Seems like a fair option though, as you said, if the Giants have a top 5 pick, which is very possible without Barkley for the year.

• Like 1

Every time I watch him he does stuff that makes me get why they took him that early..Maybe its just the games I happened to watch, I dont know?.Tampa Game last year he won me 500 bucks,  comes to mind..He has had lousy coaches and talent around him, but I really do see a ton of potential..

20 minutes ago, csmopar said:

:sigh: Eventually, people gonna run out of names for the Let’s trade for QB (insert any QB here) from a failing team notion, right? 

Eason is most likely to be this teams future. Short of lightning striking, and us landing an opportunity to get Lawrence, we aren’t going to be trading for a QB, now or in the future

I feel like anybody at this point is an option sadly according to the forum

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

the rumors of the giants giving up on jones are only if they have a top 3 pick .  if they do its gonna be next off season not this year .  he is not worth a first or a second round pick , but a 3rd rounder yes i would be happy

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the rumors of the giants giving up on jones are only if they have a top 3 pick .  if they do its gonna be next off season not this year .  he is not worth a first or a second round pick , but a 3rd rounder yes i would be happy

Im talking off season as well, not right now..Id happily give a 2nd and maybe a 1st..

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Im talking off season as well, not right now..

i watch plenty of giants games jones has some major flaws its not just the giants .  he has trouble going through his progressions he seems to lock onto his first target if he is not open he likes to run .   He is a project like eason i dont know why the giants took him so high . He would be better sitting for a year or two and working on his flaws .  IT would be dumb for the giants to give up after 2 years even if they get a another QB in the draft i would let them compete .  I would still be in favor of a trade just not a high pick .  Giving a first or second rounder the guy needs to be good already not a project .   

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i watch plenty of giants games jones has some major flaws its not just the giants .  he has trouble going through his progressions he seems to lock onto his first target if he is not open he likes to run .   He is a project like eason i dont know why the giants took him so high . He would be better sitting for a year or two and working on his flaws .  IT would be dumb for the giants to give up after 2 years even if they get a another QB in the draft i would let them compete .  I would still be in favor of a trade just not a high pick .  Giving a first or second rounder the guy needs to be good already not a project .   

Do you see the talent and what could be if he was in a better situation?

11 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Do you see the talent and what could be if he was in a better situation?

I see some talent but nothing that truly blows my dress up.  Nothing that says go ahead and pay the ransoms it will take to get him. 

This is really a ridiculous thread anyway - the Giants will not be giving up on Jones just two years in unless they are in position to draft Lawrence or Fields. That won’t happen because they are in the NFC East and will stumble into enough wins to take away that possibility. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I see some talent but nothing that truly blows my dress up.  Nothing that says go ahead and pay the ransoms it will take to get him. 

This is really a ridiculous thread anyway - the Giants will not be giving up on Jones just two years in unless they are in position to draft Lawrence or Fields. That won’t happen because they are in the NFC East and will stumble into enough wins to take away that possibility. 

No idea you are a woman, always thought you were a guy. Learned something today on the forum!

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I think there is a reasonable chance that very thing could happen as to why I made this post....

35 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I think there is a reasonable chance that very thing could happen as to why I made this post....

There is no sign the Jets are going to win more than a couple of games. They are void of talent and poorly coached. There is absolutely the chance the Giants pick up at least 4-5 wins. 

Nice to see you back Jshipp23.

Regarding Jones, I really haven't seen him play too much. But like Darnold and a ton of others,  it's  hard to shine or evaluate someone when their on a dysfunctional team and lack of talent around you.

I always respect your opinion and will watch Jones more closely  now.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

There is no sign the Jets are going to win more than a couple of games. They are void of talent and poorly coached. There is absolutely the chance the Giants pick up at least 4-5 wins. 

Maybe they don't want to win..It would be the smart play at this point...

7 hours ago, jskinnz said:

You are correct.    Jones hasn’t disappointed enough for the Giants to want to move on from him already.   And nor has he done enough for the Colts to want to pay the price that they’d have to pay to get him.   New York is not ready to have a fire sale on Jones.  They want as close to full payment as possible.   Ballard would likely only want him on a discount.  Don’t see this happening. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You are correct.    Jones hasn’t disappointed enough for the Giants to want to move on from him already.   And nor has he done enough for the Colts to want to pay the price that they’d have to pay to get him.   New York is not ready to have a fire sale on Jones.  They want as close to full payment as possible.   Ballard would likely only want him on a discount.  Don’t see this happening. 

Lets say Giants are in top 5 and love a QB in this draft...The regime now isn't the same regime that Drafted Jones..Maybe they want to choose their own guy?...Would you be willing to give up a 1st for him?  That's only if we dont already have our next QB in Eason...Which we wont know till he sees live fire...I'm not pinning my hopes on Eason yet...

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Lets say Giants are in top 5 and love a QB in this draft...The regime now isn't the same regime that Drafted Jones..Maybe they want to choose their own guy?...Would you be willing to give up a 1st for him?  That's only if we dont already have our next QB in Eason...Which we wont know till he sees live fire...I'm not pinning my hopes on Eason..

I wouldn't give up a 3rd for Jones let alone a 1st.

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Lets say Giants are in top 5 and love a QB in this draft...The regime now isn't the same regime that Drafted Jones..Maybe they want to choose their own guy?...Would you be willing to give up a 1st for him?  That's only if we dont already have our next QB in Eason...Which we wont know till he sees live fire...I'm not pinning my hopes on Eason yet...

Sorry....   this IS the same front office.   Dave Gettleman is the GM.  He drafted Jones and Barkley in the 18 and 19 drafts.   He took tremendous heat for the Jones pick.   Taking him with the 6th pick was not popular.   

Now if Gettleman gets fired and the new GM wants to have a sale that might be a different story.   Ballard prefers shopping in the discount isle. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry....   this IS the same front office.   Dave Gettleman is the GM.  He drafted Jones and Barkley in the 18 and 19 drafts.   He took tremendous heat for the Jones pick.   Taking him with the 6th pick was not popular.   

Now if Gettleman gets fired and the new GM wants to have a sale that might be a different story.   Ballard prefers shopping in the discount isle. 

I thought they got rid of Gettleman..GOOD chance they will this year then..

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He was smart to choose Jones over Haskins at least. Haskins is a HUGE bust!

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

He was smart to choose Jones over Haskins at least. Haskins is a HUGE bust!

Jones clocked fastest top speed by a QB this year including Lamar Jackson and was almost as fast as Tyreek Hill...Jones can also throw