Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

37 minutes ago, Horseshoelife19 said:

Jacoby Brissett for Michael Gallup

I'd do this and re-sign Kelly as the 3rd QB to be honest. Would benefit both teams. Dallas doesn't even use Gallup anymore. He's basically the 5th or 6th option. Cooper, Lamb, Cedrick Wilson, Schultz, Elliott. Gallup is a ghost on that team now.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'd do this and re-sign Kelly as the 3rd QB to be honest. Would benefit both teams. Dallas doesn't even use Gallup anymore. He's basically the 5th or 6th option. Cooper, Lamb, Cedrick Wilson, Schultz, Elliott. Gallup is a ghost on that team now.

Galluping ghost?

If Dallas loses another game with Dalton I think they might get tempted before the deadline.  Brissett could help them a lot more than Dalton and Gallup hardly plays.  I would do it if I were the Colts.  Dallas just might if they think they can still win the division.  Ballard should throw that life preserver to Dallas.  

3 hours ago, Myles said:

That would be an easy decision for the Colts, but Dallas wouldn't do it.  Brissett really doesn't have much trade value.  

I know Brissett is not popular with the fan base but the Colts clearly like him.  I don't think it would nearly that easy for them to pull the trigger as you think.

33 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I know Brissett is not popular with the fan base but the Colts clearly like him.  I don't think it would nearly that easy for them to pull the trigger as you think.

Agreed, BUT, if it were a destination Jacoby desired, the Colts would do him a solid (can't believe I just phrased it that way, ew).

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

Agreed, BUT, if it were a destination Jacoby desired, the Colts would do him a solid (can't believe I just phrased it that way, ew).

I go the other way on that.  If there is a trade to be had involving Brissett, his feelings about where he prefers to go would be the last thing on Ballard's mind.  It would solely be about the compensation in return.  

Side note - I believe the chances of him getting traded are slim at best.

I don't think Dallas would do it.  They won't give up on Dalton so soon.  they have seen Brissett behind a bad offensive line already.  He won 4 games and was sacked 52 times in 15 games he started in 2017.  Had a poor completion %.  There is not really a reason to think he would be better than Dalton.

On 10/23/2020 at 12:21 PM, Myles said:

I don't think Dallas would do it.  They won't give up on Dalton so soon.  they have seen Brissett behind a bad offensive line already.  He won 4 games and was sacked 52 times in 15 games he started in 2017.  Had a poor completion %.  There is not really a reason to think he would be better than Dalton.

I don't think he would be much worse though.  But I agree with several other posters in that a 1 for 1 would not get it done.  IF Dallas would do a deal involving those two, we would have to add a 3rd rd pick to the deal or give them a 4th for their 6th or something along those lines.  Just my dos pesos. :dunno:

Archived