Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittman Engagement ((Merge))

Shive

• Shive changed the title to Pittman Engagement
1 hour ago, Shive said:

I want to believe Patmon just because they're such good buddies.

I'm just saying it looks more for social media than romantic. But, maybe they were out with friends who were in on the proposal.  Great picture

That said, not everything has to be shared

21 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I'm just saying it looks more for social media than romantic. But, maybe they were out with friends who were in on the proposal.  Great picture

true. It seemed kinda like an advertisement for Kay Jewelers with the Kay Jewelers tag at the top of the pictures. I hope it wasn’t but you never know. 

3 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That's awesome!  Where are they?  Is that the canal?

I'm happy for them.  She seems great.

I hope he's a Colt for a long time, and I hope their marriage lasts many times longer!  :cheers:

Yeah, I think it's the canal.  I see Patty Mac in the background.

haha

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I hope he's a Colt for a long time, and I hope their marriage lasts many times longer!  :cheers:

It is a place called Coxhall Gardens in Carmel

2 hours ago, Nadine said:

A lot of people hire photographers or get friends to take videos or pictures of this moment. But who cares? It’s none of our business how they took said picture. 

congrats to the both of them. 

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

A lot of people hire photographers or get friends to take videos or pictures of this moment. But who cares? It’s none of our business how they took said picture. 

congrats to the both of them. 

Old fashioned I guess

10 hours ago, Nadine said:

Old fashioned I guess

I definitely get that. I don't share much of anything on social media, but I had my brother and his girlfriend with us when I proposed. It was nice to have a picture of the moment and honestly, having them there made it more casual, so she didn't suspect a thing. I don't think it was any less romantic and since my brother's g/f made the picture into an xmas ornament (I proposed in early Dec), we get to be reminded of that moment year after year when we put up the tree. :)

I'd imagine for a couple that puts a lot of their personal lives out in the open via social media and kind of chronicles their lives on YT, it's just normal. I'm not a very public person, but I'm also not a pro athlete. lol

1 minute ago, Shive said:

I definitely get that. I don't share much of anything on social media, but I had my brother and his girlfriend with us when I proposed. It was nice to have a picture of the moment and honestly, having them there made it more casual, so she didn't suspect a thing. I don't think it was any less romantic and since my brother's g/f made the picture into an xmas ornament (I proposed in early Dec), we get to be reminded of that moment year after year when we put up the tree. :)

I'd imagine for a couple that puts a lot of their personal lives out in the open via social media and kind of chronicles their lives on YT, it's just normal. I'm not a very public person, but I'm also not a pro athlete. lol

I feel like that's different.

My son in law proposed on xmas at our house.  He had talked to everyone in the family first.  So, we all knew.

He cut out the inside of a book and put the ring in it and wrapped it as an xmas gift.

His son knew and video taped it.

Neither of them were looking their best.  When she first opened the book, the ring popped out and a lot of the video is of them looking for the ring in the mess of wrapping paper on the floor.

It was an imperfect moment shared with family but not social media.

I feel like too many people are focused too much on projecting a perfect persona on social media.  Feels shallow to me.

58 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I feel like that's different.

My son in law proposed on xmas at our house.  He had talked to everyone in the family first.  So, we all knew.

He cut out the inside of a book and put the ring in it and wrapped it as an xmas gift.

His son knew and video taped it.

Neither of them were looking their best.  When she first opened the book, the ring popped out and a lot of the video is of them looking for the ring in the mess of wrapping paper on the floor.

It was an imperfect moment shared with family but not social media.

I feel like too many people are focused too much on projecting a perfect persona on social media.  Feels shallow to me.

Yeah, I can understand that. I proposed to my wife in the Indianapolis Art Museum Gardens. I was peaceful, intimate and just the two of us. While there are no pictures of the event, we both can vividly remember everything. 

We had been dating for over 5 years at that point, so she knew it was coming. Instead of trying to surprise her, I decided to make it the best possible moment. 

Your thoughts on social media align with my own. It's honestly not real life. It's just a snapshot of things looking perfect, but it doesn't capture what is truly going on. 

14 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

true. It seemed kinda like an advertisement for Kay Jewelers with the Kay Jewelers tag at the top of the pictures. I hope it wasn’t but you never know. 

It was. YouTubers  get what is called sponsorships. He was most likely given the ring at no cost for the post on instagram  and most likely youtube.

53 minutes ago, Shive said:

I can absolutely agree with this.

The more I think about this, I'm guessing the actual proposal must have happened elsewhere and this is just more of an engagement photo shoot. I think they're recreating a 'perfect proposal'

I mean, nobody goes to the park dressed to the 9s with a professional photographer for a surprise proposal

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah, I can understand that. I proposed to my wife in the Indianapolis Art Museum Gardens. I was peaceful, intimate and just the two of us. While there are no pictures of the event, we both can vividly remember everything. 

We had been dating for over 5 years at that point, so she knew it was coming. Instead of trying to surprise her, I decided to make it the best possible moment. 

Your thoughts on social media align with my own. It's honestly not real life. It's just a snapshot of things looking perfect, but it doesn't capture what is truly going on. 

I think this instagram thing causes a lot of people to have anxiety......thinking everyone else's lives are perfect.

I've also seen people getting hurt trying to get the perfect shot.

I saw a proposal at winter lights last year.  We were watching the lights at the Lilly house and a guy takes his girl friend by the hand and leads her out onto the lawn with the light show, gets down on one knee and proposes

The whole crowd cheered.  It was V Romantic

43 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I saw a proposal at winter lights last year.  We were watching the lights at the Lilly house and a guy takes his girl friend by the hand and leads her out onto the lawn with the light show, gets down on one knee and proposes

The whole crowd cheered.  It was V Romantic

That's very much what I did. We went to the botanical gardens in Richmond, VA (about an hour from us) for their holiday lights. Their theme was scenes from different fables and stories. The Giving Tree is one of her favorites and I proposed under the lit up "Giving Tree". I waited until there were minimal people around, because she's not a huge "spectacle" person, and it definitely made her suspicious that we were just kind of hanging out around the tree...lol. We got to it way sooner than I realized and because I waiting so long, we moved on. Luckily, my brother's g/f sneakily navigated us back to it later to give me another chance. :D

19 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Congrats to them.

And.. she also saved his leg!! (truth)

8 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Yuck.. Tacky.

It’s also possible he just got a lump sum and paid for the ring himself. YouTubers and popular Instagram people can make a ton of money doing this. Some popular YouTubers can make like 10k just from mentioning a product in their videos and on IG. I will bet this was just a picture to use for the ad on instagram and that wasn’t actually the moment.

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s also possible he just got a lump sum and paid for the ring himself. YouTubers and popular Instagram people can make a ton of money doing this. Some popular YouTubers can make like 10k just from mentioning a product in their videos and on IG. I will bet this was just a picture to use for the ad on instagram and that wasn’t actually the moment.

Yeah. I guess I wouldn't have went that route for an engagement but it seems like they care very much so about their youtube reputation. That wouldn't be me but not knocking what they do.

3 hours ago, Nadine said:

The more I think about this, I'm guessing the actual proposal must have happened elsewhere and this is just more of an engagement photo shoot. I think they're recreating a 'perfect proposal'

I mean, nobody goes to the park dressed to the 9s with a professional photographer for a surprise proposal

Good call.  That makes me happy to know 

34 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why you think it is tacky? 

You wouldn't take advantage of getting a little reward for the work you put in? 

I think it's tacky to come up with a plan to monetize your engagement through advertising. It doesn't really seem 100% genuine and more of a commercial/watermark slap on it all. That's my opinion though.

Archived