Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Franklin broke Landry's rib(s) (IND vs CLE)

Dogg63

Not sure how many fans want to watch injury situations. I typically don't watch broken leg and ankle/ACL tear replays or videos. Just doesn't generate feelings I want to experience, so I generally avoid them. But, I know America's funniest home videos was a major hit and it had a LOT of videos of folks taking damage in all sorts of ways. For that reason, I am pretty sure some of the fan base will want to know about this injury and perhaps view the hit that caused it. Here ya go!

Zaire Franklin's hit on Jarvis Landry after he caught a 32-yard dime from Mayfield broke his rib(s) and caused him to crawl off the field (Game was Oct 11, 2020).

Video is here:

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/jarvis-landry-catches-for-a-32-yard-gain-vs-indianapolis-colts

Landry got stood up by Rhodes and then got sandwiched by a solid hit from Franklin!

6 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Zaire Franklin's hit on Jarvis Landry after he caught a 32-yard dime from Mayfield broke his rib(s) and caused him to crawl off the field (Game was Oct 11, 2020).

I knew it was something like that as I watched it happen.

Just now, Shive said:

Ouch! I remember seeing Landry crawl off the field, but assumed he probably got the wind knocked out of him.

It looked more serious than just getting the wind knocked out of him.  The hit was to his side where those small ribs are.

I figured he was done after that play.  I couldn't believe he kept playing.  :woah:

Yep I know exactly what okay it was. He caught the ball and Franklin came up from behind/side of him and got a good hit on him. He crawled off the field but I didn't think it was broken ribs, definitely thought it was the wind knocked out of him too. That sucks though.

Archived