Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Message From Jim Irsay

35 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

I agree - one of the best owners in sports. I get the feeling he wants to see the Colts win as much as some of the fans like me who have lived and died with the team for 50 years.

The Colts have been in Jims life for 48 years. No doubt he wants to win just like the fans do. 

48 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Colts have been in Jims life for 48 years. No doubt he wants to win just like the fans do. 

Yea,kinda funny.

The worst owner in the league wants to-win as bad as any fan.  
Even if only for financial reasons. 
Which are,in themselves pretty big reasons.   hundreds of thousand dollar big.

31 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Yea,kinda funny.

The worst owner in the league wants to-win as bad as any fan.  
Even if only for financial reasons. 
Which are,in themselves pretty big reasons.   hundreds of thousand dollar big.

The Bengals owner has made it known they are just interested in turning a profit.  

50 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Bengals owner has made it known they are just interested in turning a profit.  

I haven't met many successful people who were’t passionate about what  they do.

i guess this guy backs up that philosophy.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I haven't met many successful people who were’t passionate about what  they do.

i guess this guy backs up that philosophy.

Well the bengals owner literally inherited his money and team from his father and has just been interested in maintaining it.  Jim Irsay who also inherited his team has gone above and beyond to make sure the Colts win.  It’s pretty clear one values the dollar while the other values winning.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah, his statement was along the lines of “as long as we continue to make money we’re content”. 

Joe Burrow is a money maker for them, but they might not have a care in putting a complete team around him. 

We could do a lot worse than Irsay. He’s honestly on the positive side of the spectrum. I’ll take him as CEO any day of the week over someone like Dan Snyder.

57 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well the bengals owner literally inherited his money and team from his father and has just been interested in maintaining it.  Jim Irsay who also inherited his team has gone above and beyond to make sure the Colts win.  It’s pretty clear one values the dollar while the other values winning.  

If you cut Jim's arm, little blue horses run out of his veins.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Orioles22 said:

I agree - one of the best owners in sports. I get the feeling he wants to see the Colts win as much as some of the fans like me who have lived and died with the team for 50 years.

Love your screen name 

. I am with ya buddy colts and os and over 50 years 

7 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Is PTO like a PS(Post script).  Addition at the end of a letter after the signature?

Sorry pal, must be a British thing. ‘Please turn over’.

Meaning there is some additional info on the other side of the page, or there is another page to read etc. 

I was just being foolish. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

If you cut Jim's arm, little blue horses run out of his veins.

What is bad is that the Bengals owner has been around the NFL since he was 12 and has been associated with the Bengals since Day 1

@RollerColt

12 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Meaning there is some additional info on the other side of the page, or there is another page to read etc. 

So it is like BTW in the states

12 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Is PTO like a PS(Post script).  Addition at the end of a letter after the signature?

13 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

What

I feel so old for knowing the answer to this, but PTO stands for "Please Turn Over" and was a common acronym used at the end of a letter for when you ran out of space on the first page. It basically let people know there was more on the back side of the paper for them to read.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

I feel so old for knowing the answer to this, but PTO stands for "Please Turn Over" and was a common acronym used at the end of a letter for when you ran out of space on the first page. It basically let people know there was more on the back side of the paper for them to read.

I only know thanks to the Harry Potter series. 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Yeah, us yanks just draw an arrow in the bottom right corner of the page. :)

13 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I'm not sure if I follow your logic on this one, especially since, in football, winning equates to more money.

Additionally there is nothing wrong with a business owner turning a profiit... that is why most business owners, you know own a business.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm not sure if I follow your logic on this one, especially since, in football, winning equates to more money.

Additionally there is nothing wrong with a business owner turning a profiit... that is why most business owners, you know own a business.

Look at how the bengals are run it’s not a secret or controversial to say they don’t go above and beyond to try to win like Irsay does with the Colts.  

Why is it just about every time irsay releases a statement we're told on this forum that he's  the Best and greatest owner of all time??

I'm not knocking him or anything,  I know it must be difficult for him fighting his demons for most his life and all so god bless him going forward. 

But really the greatest sports owner of all time?  Lol

Look at how the bengals are run it’s not a secret or controversial to say they don’t go above and beyond to try to win like Irsay does with the Colts.  

I guess I don't have the inside information about the Bengals organization that you do to determine if they go above and beyond to try and win.  I can see from the outside they are not very good at it, but that does not mean it is from a lack of trying.

16 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Why is it just about every time irsay releases a statement we're told on this forum that he's  the Best and greatest owner of all time??

I'm not knocking him or anything,  I know it must be difficult for him fighting his demons for most his life and all so god bless him going forward. 

We have the bestest owner, the bestest GM, and bestest coach.... EVER. 

To say we don't is outrageous and you should turn in your fan card.

Yes, that was sarcasm. Too many people hang too hard on owner-speak, GM-speak, and coach-speak.

In all seriousness, I do really like Irsay though. 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I guess I don't have the inside information about the Bengals organization that you do to determine if they go above and beyond to try and win.  I can see from the outside they are not very good at it, but that does not mean it is from a lack of trying.

There are countless reports on it over the years.  The Bengals ownership has made it known they don’t want to spend money beyond what they have too.  Again this is not news or controversial.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

There are countless reports on it over the years.  The Bengals ownership has made it known they don’t want to spend money beyond what they have too.  Again this is not news or controversial.

and that's why they cant win a playoff game to save themselves :violin: 

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

2 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

and that's why they cant win a playoff game to save themselves :violin: 

The Bengals have less cap room than the Colts. 

So spending the money is not the problem. 

The problem is <::::::> it's the Bengals. :hat:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Classic overreaction. Like taking too many happy pills I guess. And sure, a case can be made for a lot of other owners. But Jim is pretty dang good in my book. At least we're not "The Indiana Football Team". 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Classic overreaction. Like taking too many happy pills I guess. And sure, a case can be made for a lot of other owners. But Jim is pretty dang good in my book. At least we're not "The Indiana Football Team". 

He also leaves the football operations to football people

• Like 1
16 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

What is bad is that the Bengals owner has been around the NFL since he was 12 and has been associated with the Bengals since Day 1

@RollerColt

So, what you're saying is; losing is in his veins.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Bengals have less cap room than the Colts. 

So spending the money is not the problem. 

The problem is <::::::> it's the Bengals. :hat:

There are other ways to spend money than besides salary cap and that’s the spending they haven’t been willing to do.  Example it was reported one of the reasons they held on to Lewis for so long was because they didn’t want to pay him what they owed on his contract and another coach.

heres an article from 2018 from a former player talking about it.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/7/11/17552714/former-nfl-wr-t-j-houshmandzadeh-reveals-just-how-cheap-the-bengals-used-to-be-pittsburgh-steelers

he’s not an owner willing to take a chance to win if it could hurt the bottom line.  If they happen to win then great.  

Jim Irsay is the exact opposite.  He’s willing to take just about any chance he can to win.  That attitude has rewarded him with a nice profit but that hasn’t been his primary goal in running the team.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

There are other ways to spend money than besides salary cap and that’s the spending they haven’t been willing to do.  Example it was reported one of the reasons they held on to Lewis for so long was because they didn’t want to pay him what they owed on his contract and another coach.

I wonder if the Raiders will do the same thing with Gruden.

A ten-year $100-million contract?  That's crazy.

Not even Belichick gets 10-year contracts from Bobby Kraft.  :loco:

heres an article from 2018 from a former player talking about it.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/7/11/17552714/former-nfl-wr-t-j-houshmandzadeh-reveals-just-how-cheap-the-bengals-used-to-be-pittsburgh-steelers

he’s not an owner willing to take a chance to win if it could hurt the bottom line.  If they happen to win then great.  

Jim Irsay is the exact opposite.  He’s willing to take just about any chance he can to win.  That attitude has rewarded him with a nice profit but that hasn’t been his primary goal in running the team.

The cap and what the coaches are paid are two different things.

You wrote a paragraph pretty much saying the same thing I did. 

The Bengals being the Bengals. :thinking: