Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So this is the WR group that’s going to hold up the next month lol ?????

18 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

His injuries and injury history are IRRELEVANT to his production results and that's my point. Production and Potential are two very very very different things.

Is Campbell producing this year? Did he produce last year? Has he produced at a level consistent with his peers? How many yards should we deduct from Hollywood Browns stat sheet in 2019 to account for Campbell injuries just so the comparison is fair? 

Who had more receiving yards in week 5 for the Colts - Fountain or Campbell? It doesnt matter the reason - they both had 0 yards and have done nothing to help this team.

Its comical that the meritocracy angle on the forum only applies sometimes to some players in some situations. 

I'm not sure I understand your angle here.  If you're simply saying "he's not producing", Ok I get it.  He's not.   But what would you recommend the team do in this instance?  Put him in the hyperbaric chamber for a week?  Pray to the NFL gods that his health improves?  Or cut him and bring in another guy that may very well have the same issues?  The NFL is a violent sport.  People get hurt.  Sometimes in major ways.  No one knows when that will happen or for how long they will be out.  I'm pretty sure if Ballard had a crystal ball and knew Campbell was going to be a hurt machine and D.K. Metcalf was going to turn into a WR god he would have made that move.  But I'm guessing his Magic 8-Ball was in the shop.

The other part is rookies are drafted on potential.  Is there a difference between production and potential?  Sure there is.  But NONE of them have done a dang thing in the NFL when they are drafted yet they are handed multi-year deals and millions of dollars.  Why?  Potential.  Some will live up to it.  Others won't for one reason or another.  If a guy is relatively healthy and just plays below expectations (ahem Quincy Wilson), that's a completely different reason than a guy who gets his knee rolled up.  But if a guy has little injury history to suggest they would be hurt a lot I don't think you can pin it on a guy looking at his potential, because that's what EVERY GM in this league is doing.

Does it suck?  Hell yeah it sucks!  But I can't lay blame on anyone for it.  Heck I wanted to play in the NBA when I was a kid.  Then I realized I was only gonna be 5'8".  Is that my fault?  Some things just are.

• Like 2
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This has to be a joke right ??? Please tell me they make a trade !!! No move we maybe win 8 games tops .Bargain Basement shopping and we are suppose to buy in ? Not a chance !!! Either Give Rivers som

I agree with the OP. Look at last week, only 371 yards through the air. Joint best in the league. Pathetic, none of our catchers can catch. 

People probably said the same or worse about reggie wayne his rookie year

everyone is talking around each other.

injuries aren't relevant grading pure performance. it either performs or it doesn't.

injuries are very relevant trying to understand why performance problems exists, or weighing future things like potential, or personnel strategy.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

everyone is talking around each other.

injuries aren't relevant grading pure performance. it either performs or it doesn't.

injuries are very relevant trying to understand why performance problems exists, or weighing future things like potential, or personnel strategy.

Concur doctor.

• Haha 1
On 10/21/2020 at 7:30 AM, danlhart87 said:

@EastStreet 

having a constant opinion does not make him a troll .  He is a rivers fan that wants to see rivers win a ring , and believes the colts wrs are not very good .   A troll is someone who makes crazy points just to argue and stir people up . 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

having a constant opinion does not make him a troll .  He is a rivers fan that wants to see rivers win a ring , and believes the colts wrs are not very good .   A troll is someone who makes crazy points just to argue and stir people up . 

Yep. He is a bit over the top and dead horse about it though, but he's at least consistent lol

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

His injuries and injury history are IRRELEVANT to his production results and that's my point. Production and Potential are two very very very different things.

Is Campbell producing this year? Did he produce last year? Has he produced at a level consistent with his peers? How many yards should we deduct from Hollywood Browns stat sheet in 2019 to account for Campbell injuries just so the comparison is fair? 

Who had more receiving yards in week 5 for the Colts - Fountain or Campbell? It doesnt matter the reason - they both had 0 yards and have done nothing to help this team.

Its comical that the meritocracy angle on the forum only applies sometimes to some players in some situations. 

You said Ballard knew he would be injured, and that is wrong.  Admit it.