Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tua named Dolphins starter going into bye week

I don't know if the timing is right yet, with the roll the dolphins are on now

I say if it ain't broke don't try to fix it yet. Tua will end up getting the starting role, but for now like in Vegas they should let it roll

2 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I don't know if the timing is right yet, with the roll the dolphins are on now

I say if it ain't broke don't try to fix it yet. Tua will end up getting the starting role, but for now like in Vegas they should let it roll.

• Like 1

With Fitzpatrick not stinking the joint up, and with some pressure to start Tagovailoa alleviated by his recovery from injury, they have to have a lot of confidence in him to make this move. Might have to catch a few Miami games on porpoise to see how it pans out. 

Welcome to the NFL.. have you met Aaron yet? 

• Like 2

"The manner in which the Dolphins have handled Tagovailoa’s first year in the NFL ― bringing him along slowly rather than thrusting him immediately into action ― has drawn praise from across the NFL."

“They should write an NFL self-help book on how to handle a rookie quarterback, and (Dolphins head coach) Brian Flores should author it,” said Gil Brandt, the Hall of Fame front office executive who spent nearly 30 years with the Dallas Cowboys.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Miami’s starting quarterback for the team’s first six games, was also lauded for his handling of the situation.

“There’s not a better QB to learn from and grow under than Ryan Fitzpatrick,” wrote Schefter on social media. “There’s also not a better QB to helping out any QB who replaced him.”

Flores was not under pressure to bring Tua in before he was deemed ready. After a bizarre NFL preseason, Flores must feel Tagovailoa is now ready to be initiated as the Dolphins franchise QB.

• Like 1

Seems questionable considering how successful Fitzpatrick has been so far. Like they literally dominated in their last game and they bench him? Hope this doesn't ruin Gaskin in fantasy...

7 minutes ago, King Colt said:

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Schedule - Rams, Cards, Chargers, Broncos, Jets, Bengals, Chiefs, Pats, Raiders, Bills.

That’s a tough schedule, but not impossible. Imagine what will happen if Tua beats the Patriots.

I'm gonna say, bad timing, and bad move. Fitz was playing well, and Miami's OL is still pretty bad. Upgrade the OL again in the offseason, and start Tua next season. If he gets hurt, someone will lose their job.

And after thumping both the 49ers and the jumps? The only multiple score loss they've had was week 1. 

I'd happily take Fitz as a backup next year.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

It shouldn't be so heartbreaking for him since he and the rest of the universe knew he was just a stop gap till Tua was ready. If dolphins are going anywhere this year or future Tua will be the one taking them. 

I personally think it was a good move. At the very least Tua will gain invaluable experience going into 2021.

I feel bad for Fitz honestly. Was doing well for what they have. Gotta believe this was the plan all along though. Make sure Tua was fully healed up and able to go and ride the Fitz train until it’s time.