Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Green, Higgins, Boyd - Ross doesn't even see playing time, so apparently he wants a trade from the Bengals.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/18/john-ross-billy-price-bengals-trade-candidates-espn/

Please, say no to the Chiefs!!! But given the team make up, more speed is just what the Chiefs need. :(

The Patriots may be interested too - https://www.radio.com/weei/sports/patriots/nfl-rumors-patriots-target-wr-john-ross-wants-trade

As the Colts, I would definitely trade for Carlos Dunlap though. :) 

Thoughts???

I mean...I would take him for free...and see what he could for a game. It's not like the Colts couldn't use WR depth. But it seems like Marcus Johnson is occupying that deep threat right now...so not sure how Ross would get on the field...except maybe in the Campbell gadget role until he comes back.

He has done nothing since he got into the league. The Bengals have a new QB and could use all the WR help they can get. He got on the field for 1 play last week. Trade? No, he's basically asking to be cut. The Raiders like speed, even if they can't catch a cold..

• Thanks 1
On 10/20/2020 at 3:13 PM, ColtJax said:

He has done nothing since he got into the league. The Bengals have a new QB and could use all the WR help they can get. He got on the field for 1 play last week. Trade? No, he's basically asking to be cut. The Raiders like speed, even if they can't catch a cold..

He had a good start to the season last year. Back to back 100 yard games iirc. He’s also had some injuries here and there. He was just drafted by the wrong team. The Bengals have a long history of drafting highly rated players in the early rounds that never amount to anything. 

22 hours ago, csmopar said:

This is a guy I’d be okay with trading a mid round pick for, if he agrees to a two year deal with heavy incentives. I’m thinking a 5th could get it

Oh my..:

1) Ross will not command anywhere close to 5th in a trade. 

2) There will be no new contract for him. If you trade for him you do it with the contract he current my has. Why would they give him additional years / money until they see for themselves if can actually play?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I'm beginning to think that the OTs worth taking in Round One will be gone before #21, so maybe Ballard should try to sign one of the FA guys like Williams, Robinson, or Villanueva, then use #21 on one of the edge guys or one of the WRs if one slides   and maybe sign Fitzpatrick to mentor Eason for a year, unless CB could somehow swing a trade for Stafford--if I'm the Lions GM I'm not sure it's worth it to keep Stafford (and his contract) around during what will be, no matter how you slice it, a serious rebuild.
    • You did your homework here I like it 
    • Alright so I’ve narrowed it down to 3 options for me. One may surprise you   1. Draft a QB 2. Eason 3. Trubisky   If we’re talking about low risk low cost QB options that I’m betting on Reich being able to “fix”, Id be willing to bet on Mitch over any other FA/tradeable QB. Unlike Darnold he hasn’t been mostly bad where you’re really betting on projection. His career numbers are actually solid all things considered. He’s also only 26. The big seller for me was the athleticism. He runs a 4.67 and when Chicago was somewhat good, they had Mitch running the ball. He’s a FA and it wouldn’t cost much to get him.   Draft wise I like him way better than Jones or Trask. Even Newman who I think is a sleeper. 
    • As for TEs much rather see us resign our current group for another year than next year go after Bucs OJ Howard.  Too many other areas of team needs that are more pressing imo for upgrading this offseason. 
    • I used to think so. But I feel bad for Sirianni:   https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2020/12/4/22151708/howie-roseman-nfl-draft-eagles-study-bad-philadelphia-performance-comparison-picks-general-manager
  • Members

• Colts1324

Colts1324 368

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 1,510

• Defjamz26

Defjamz26 1,916

• HOZER

HOZER 3,698

• Dogg63

Dogg63 1,907

• danlhart87