Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Concessions

teresa0955

6 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

No. You can eat really bad food. It is allowed. My wife by her own admission is a terrible cook, and I am still alive and well. 

enjoy the game!

haha So if you end up missing from the forum for a while, we need to check the BBQ at the Whistle stop right?

I always try to make a day of it, and eat somewhere prior to the game when I come back. Given the Covid situation, not really sure what to tell you. Not really sure what's open either. I'd probably stay safe and just do a tailgate cookout.

If you want to do the concessions though, here's a link to what's available.

https://www.lucasoilstadium.com/attending-an-event/concessions/

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I always try to make a day of it, and eat somewhere prior to the game when I come back. Given the Covid situation, not really sure what to tell you. Not really sure what's open either. I'd probably stay safe and just do a tailgate cookout.

If you want to do the concessions though, here's a link to what's available.

https://www.lucasoilstadium.com/attending-an-event/concessions/

Three of my buddies and I have met for a game for the last 15 years.  Until this year.  We'd always eat at Buco on Saturday night and St. Elmo's after the game on Sunday. 

Downtown Indy is (or was) really nice.  I always thought they had the best dressed homeless I'd ever seen.

11 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Three of my buddies and I have met for a game for the last 15 years.  Until this year.  We'd always eat at Buco on Saturday night and St. Elmo's after the game on Sunday. 

Downtown Indy is (or was) really nice.  I always thought they had the best dressed homeless I'd ever seen.

I take it you just couldn't get to the game? All restaurants are pretty well open downtown, I had Fogo just about a month ago downtown

1 minute ago, twfish said:

I take it you just couldn't get to the game? All restaurants are pretty well open downtown, I had Fogo just about a month ago downtown

We were planning on the Vikings game, it fit all of our schedules.  Hopefully we'll continue the tradition next year.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This might be the best post you have made, King Ribs rules. Ribs and Mac N Cheese, baked beans too. Great stuff.

Only bad thing is the only time I eat there is when I am in Indy and that charcoal smell and bbq mmmmmm. I will always get the full slab and the spicy sauce. 

2 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Only bad thing is the only time I eat there is when I am in Indy and that charcoal smell and bbq mmmmmm. I will always get the full slab and the spicy sauce. 

As far as I know it still open on 16th street. I haven't been there in a while. I used to go there all the time though. Freakin Covid = Booooo.

10 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Not a big fan of Buca (I'm an Iaria's or Iozzon's fan). But we'd basically do the same thing capping it off with Elmo's. What we would do on the front and back end of games might change on how elaborate our tailgate was. One of my cousins used to rent out a parking lot a few blocks away from LOS, and we'd have either big pitch in cookouts, or catering. In the past, close family friends owned a bar a couple blocks away, and I had a cousin who had a restaurant 1.5 miles from LOS. Ah the good ole days.

15 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Not a big fan of Buca (I'm an Iaria's or Iozzon's fan). But we'd basically do the same thing capping it off with Elmo's. What we would do on the front and back end of games might change on how elaborate our tailgate was. One of my cousins used to rent out a parking lot a few blocks away from LOS, and we'd have either big pitch in cookouts, or catering. In the past, close family friends owned a bar a couple blocks away, and I had a cousin who had a restaurant 1.5 miles from LOS. Ah the good ole days.

Oh, you're right about Buca.  It started out as a lark but became a tradition.  We come in from different states so it's more about the comradery than the quality.

You're also right about the good ole days.  I hope they're coming back.

13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

just please make sure your pc cam is turned off.....

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd been in Zoom (or Teams, Webex, Skype, etc) meetings where people didn't realize their PC cameras were on.  I had to tell one guy that it would be a good idea to put on a shirt (believe me, no one wanted to see that).  At first he was giving me this look, then he realized everyone could see him.

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Oh, you're right about Buca.  It started out as a lark but became a tradition.  We come in from different states so it's more about the comradery than the quality.

The good ole days will come back.   But likely not as soon as we’d all like....

Perhaps not until 2022.......

The process of making and distributing a quality vaccine for 330 million people takes a lot of time.   Far longer than anyone would like.....

Just saying....

10 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Not sure if Iaria's is open on Sundays now, but if they are, give it a shot. Or if you're in the night before. Oldest Italian eats in Indy IIRC. 

On 10/20/2020 at 1:52 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This might be the best post you have made, King Ribs rules. Ribs and Mac N Cheese, baked beans too. Great stuff.

The best BBQ we have here in Pa is Mission BBQ.

Im a BIG fan of good BBQ.  Just tuff to find in this part of the world.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:46 PM, MB-ColtsFan said:

It's 10:45 pm and because I got suckered into this thread I'm now hungry. 

Y'all truly suck, lol.

Never too late to eat.

i can’t go to bed on an empty stomach.  I just threw some baked ziti down my throat and its 2 am.

20 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

The best BBQ we have here in Pa is Mission BBQ.

Im a BIG fan of good BBQ.  Just tuff to find in this part of the world.

Never too late to eat.

i can’t go to bed on an empty stomach.  I just threw some baked ziti down my throat and its 2 am.

While my mind agrees, my scale doesn't.  Believe me, I am no model, but it stays on me if I eat after 9pm.  Noticed that some 25-30 years ago.  Conversations like this really hurt, haha.

7 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

While my mind agrees, my scale doesn't.  Believe me, I am no model, but it stays on me if I eat after 9pm.  Noticed that some 25-30 years ago.  Conversations like this really hurt, haha.

I usually eat my “night-time meal” after 9pm.  Its either the biggest or 2nd biggest meal of my day.  I dont eat breakfast.  Lunch between 11 and 1.  Dinner between 5 and 6 usually.  And then... tadaaa... the nightine meal.  As i usually dont go to bed before 2, sometimes i’ll even have a snack (1 or 2 pnut butter n jelly, or a couple bannanas).  Oh, and i drink pepsi all day too.

The best part is, i’m 55, 6’3”, and weigh what i did in high school and college.  To gain weight, i have to hit the free weights HARD, and add alot of pasta, milkshakes, donuts, etc to my diet.  Im ok with the latter, but that exercise crap will kill ya!

I burn calories watching the Boston marathon while half-asleep and laying on the couch i think.

I have stopped telling these facts to women, as the looks i get could melt steel.  They cant just be happy for me.  I’ve also ticked a few off when they wanted us to check our fat % on one of those gizmos at a brookstone or sharper image store.

Good, clean livin’.  Haha

7 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I usually eat my “night-time meal” after 9pm.  Its either the biggest or 2nd biggest meal of my day.  I dont eat breakfast.  Lunch between 11 and 1.  Dinner between 5 and 6 usually.  And then... tadaaa... the nightine meal.  As i usually dont go to bed before 2, sometimes i’ll even have a snack (1 or 2 pnut butter n jelly, or a couple bannanas).  Oh, and i drink pepsi all day too.

The best part is, i’m 55, 6’3”, and weigh what i did in high school and college.  To gain weight, i have to hit the free weights HARD, and add alot of pasta, milkshakes, donuts, etc to my diet.  Im ok with the latter, but that exercise crap will kill ya!

I burn calories watching the Boston marathon while half-asleep and laying on the couch i think.

I have stopped telling these facts to women, as the looks i get could melt steel.  They cant just be happy for me.  I’ve also ticked a few off when they wanted us to check our fat % on one of those gizmos at a brookstone or sharper image store.

Good, clean livin’.  Haha

Well, I'm a 60 year old guy and just weighed in a couple of pounds lighter than my high school weight, BUT I work a LIIIITTLE BIT harder at it than you do, haha.  My metabolism started slowing down around 30.  I used to be able to eat like you back then.  I could eat 4 burgers, pasta, milk followed by a shake for lunch and be ready to eat again by dinner time.  That was fun.  Then I hit 30 and it started staying on me.  I gain 5 pounds and it gets more difficult to breathe, lol.

Oh...and I hate you and you metabolism too.  :lol:

Archived