Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

10-6 Is Not Out Of The Question

CR91

cant really say the jets game would be a loss lol. that team is so disfunctional the team could implode come week 2 after sanchez gets booed off the field and fans start cheering " WE WANT TEBOW ". the defense isnt to bad and if freeney and Mathis are moved to OLB our LB slots are pretty good. maybe draft a good NT and a impact CB the defense should be fine.

Offense should be to to bad. i mean colts upgraded at Oline from Center to tackle. get a TE (feener wiht second pick in second round) and another WR (maybe streeter from miami) and the TE and WR positions should be fine. i can see a 9-7 win. which would be alot better then a 2-14 record. but its football alot of things can happen

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of this could come down to the dates of the games. There will be new systems on both offense and defense, so it will take a few games to gel. If some of the winnable games are played early in the season, they will be tougher to get a W. If things come together quickly and the 2nd half of the season is an easier schedule, a higher than expected win total is possible.

cant really say the jets game would be a loss lol. that team is so disfunctional the team could implode come week 2 after sanchez gets booed off the field and fans start cheering " WE WANT TEBOW ". the defense isnt to bad and if freeney and Mathis are moved to OLB our LB slots are pretty good. maybe draft a good NT and a impact CB the defense should be fine.

Offense should be to to bad. i mean colts upgraded at Oline from Center to tackle. get a TE (feener wiht second pick in second round) and another WR (maybe streeter from miami) and the TE and WR positions should be fine. i can see a 9-7 win. which would be alot better then a 2-14 record. but its football alot of things can happen

Fleener will be long gone by 34

Believing we will be good in a few years is one thing.. Thinking a rookie HC a rookie GM and a rookie QB will take a 2-14 to 10-6 in its first year is a bit much.

I never said that we would go 10-6 but i believe they can do it. Jim Harbaugh was a rookie coach in the NFL last year and lets be honest Alex smith is about as good as a rookie.

I totally think 10-6 is possible!!!

The only two games I'd switch would be the Jets and Chiefs. I see the Jets being even more dysfunctional next year, and I see the Chiefs improving substantially with a healthier roster.

For our team though, we've added some nice pieces that could really make us competitive next year, and when you're competitive you can win games. Sure we could also end up 5-11, but I like to think positive thoughts. This team is not as bad as it's made out.

Fleener will be long gone by 34

i highly doubt it, alot of teams are projected to take oline,WR or Defensive players in the first round. although he would be a nice pick i dont think the colts will draft him, but i think he will last until the 36th or 37th pick

i highly doubt it, alot of teams are projected to take oline,WR or Defensive players in the first round. although he would be a nice pick i dont think the colts will draft him, but i think he will last until the 36th or 37th pick

For what it is worth, Chappel was on Grady and Joe this morning. He said that the Colts would be all over Fleener if he was available at 34, however, he expects him to be gone mid-1st round. I would love for him to be there, just don't see it happening with the value being placed on athletic TEs.

Y

Yeah i've heard mixed feelings on Fleener coming out in the 1st. I've heard that he most def will be out by middle of the first but I've also heard what people like you have been saying as well. Draft day will be intresting.

OT-I called into Grady and Big Joe today and said that 8-8 is possible and that the ablity for teams to overachieve their first year in a new system is easily overlooked today.

Were not beating the Texans at all next year were not sweeping Tennessee either split sure but not 2 wins. Also I doubt a rookie qb with a new system is winning @ KC one of the hardest places to play in the league.

Houston still has never won in Indy, even last year against whatever that was on the field... I'd hardly want to call it a football team.

10 wins? 2 years? 3 years?

I love it when a plan comes together.tumblr_lgra2svzYc1qfcbut.jpg

Yup. If we go 6-10 this year, I will be very surprised. Playoffs will be on the back burner for a couple of years minimum. It's gonna take a little while to fix the o-line & d-line, gel, & play as a cohesive unit on both sides of the ball.

Davis is definitely elite as is Gore.They are ok I guess.But the defense is real good,elite good.

so the guy does nothing in the regular and because he has two good games in the playoffs hes elite yea that makes sense

Anything is possible, especially after this last year I believe that more than ever...

Big Ben, Flacco, Sanchez, and Dalton all made it to the playoffs early so I hold out little hope. :blueshoe:

However they all played for established teams, with GREAT Defenses. While I believe our defense will be better than the one who let the Saints embarrass this organization last year, I haven't seen us make the real key pickups we needed, which means draft guys... which means much youth.

I will be truly happy with seven wins, winning 3 times at home against our division rivals, stealing 2 wins from them on the road:) and beating Miami and Cleveland. Those are wins I think we can get, but whose to say we couldn't steal 3 more games???

Look at Jim Harbaugh. What he did in San Francisco. If you are real colts fans you need to Believe in Blue!!!. Alex smith is nothing compared to Andrew Luck or RG3. I believe the colts can and will achieve greatness still.

I really like where Pagano is headed, but I would take 5 years off my life to get Harbaugh.

I sure hope Pagano has higher expectations than some of us. After losing a game or 4 in a row, will Pags tell the team not to worry about it because rebuilding teams can only win 6 games max? Is that in Wikipedia or something? My " low expectations" comment was a joke. We should have loftier outlooks than winning 4 games max, the team will probably be 2/3's built after preseason. I think .500 should be more realistic, 4 wins is nothing to strive for. I dropped the suck 4 luck mindset after the regular season.

thats not elite. when i think of the TEs. i think of jimmy graham, gronk, finley, gates, tony g can still get it done. those guys are elite

Those guys are in way different passing offenses

graham has brees(46 tds)

gronk has brady (39 tds)

finley has rodgers (45 tds)

gates has rivers (27 tds)

Tony G has Matt Ryan (29 tds)

Davis has Alex Smith (17 yds)

Gates and Gonzalez each had 7 tds

Those guys are in way different passing offenses

graham has brees(46 tds)

gronk has brady (39 tds)

finley has rodgers (45 tds)

gates has rivers (27 tds)

Tony G has Matt Ryan (29 tds)

Davis has Alex Smith (17 yds)

Gates and Gonzalez each had 7 tds

gates was hurt most of the season and gonzo is 36

i think this team will be alot better then last year. we will have a real qb under center and not the poor excuses we had before. we have a much better o-line which will improve our running game, pagano will make our defense a lot better then what we have had in years. im confident we will surprise alot teams this year.

I'm sorry but Pagano will have to prove himself........he didn't build the Raven defense...he inherited the defensive coordinator job only in January of 2011, when Greg Mattison went to the University of Michigan. I know of his glory college days, but this is the NFL where talk is cheap and actions are hard to find. Many coaches try to talk the talk but find it hard to walk the walk.

I'm sorry but Pagano will have to prove himself........he didn't build the Raven defense...he inherited the defensive coordinator job only in January of 2011, when Greg Mattison went to the University of Michigan. I know of his glory college days, but this is the NFL where talk is cheap and actions are hard to find. Many coaches try to talk the talk but find it hard to walk the walk.

well the defense under mattison just didnt seem the same. its like mattison kept their defense in a cage and pagano unleash them

While not out of the question, I think 10 wins is at the extreme end of possibilities. With half a Dline and mere prospects on the OL, along with a rookie QB, no running game, and two new systems, I think 2-3 wins are realistic, 6 wins would be an excellent indicator of future success, and 8 wins would be very impressive.

It is a gravy schedule.. Too bad we just blew the team up

The O is not going to be as bad as you all think...

IF the D can play solid... and keeping Rob and DFree, why can't they?c

Get some solid CB play and this D and team may just surprise a lot of folks.

I totally think 10-6 is possible!!!

The only two games I'd switch would be the Jets and Chiefs. I see the Jets being even more dysfunctional next year, and I see the Chiefs improving substantially with a healthier roster.

For our team though, we've added some nice pieces that could really make us competitive next year, and when you're competitive you can win games. Sure we could also end up 5-11, but I like to think positive thoughts. This team is not as bad as it's made out.

The NFL is all about the QB.... Jets, If you have 2 you don't have 1. Chiefs... are the Chiefs.

Andrew Luck will lead this team to a winning record. I don't know about 10-6... but I really like how this O is shaping up.

It's all on the D at this point. How good will "they" be?

Andy Dalton took the Bengals to the playoffs in his rookie year in a tougher division...Their team isn't much if at all better than ours... Just saying.

Edit: And this was their schedule:

Sun. Sept. 11 at Cleveland 1 p.m. Cleveland Browns Stadium

Sun. Sept. 18 at Denver 4:15 p.m. INVESCO Field at Mile High

Sun. Sept. 25 SAN FRANCISCO 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

Sun. Oct. 2 BUFFALO 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

Sun. Oct. 9 at Jacksonville 1 p.m. Everbank Field

Sun. Oct. 16 INDIANAPOLIS 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

--BYE--

Sun. Oct. 30 at Seattle 4:15 p.m. Qwest Field

Sun. Nov. 6 at Tennessee 4:05 p.m. LP Field

Sun. Nov. 13 PITTSBURGH 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

Sun. Nov. 20 at Baltimore* 1 p.m. M&T Bank Stadium

Sun. Nov. 27 CLEVELAND* 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

Sun. Dec. 4 at Pittsburgh* 1 p.m. Heinz Field

Sun. Dec. 11 HOUSTON* 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

Sun. Dec. 18 at St. Louis* 1 p.m. Edward Jones Dome

Sat. Dec. 24 ARIZONA* 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

Sun. Jan. 1 BALTIMORE* 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

Andy Dalton also had a O Line that jelled together quickly and great corners at the time