Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

10-6 Is Not Out Of The Question

CR91

we have made some real nice addition to the team to fill in needs at the safety,o-line,and wr position with still the draft to get more talent for luck.

lets take a look at our schedule

Houston-W

@Houston-L

Jax-W

@Jax-W

Tenn-W

@Tenn-W

Miami-W

@NE-L

@NYJ-L

@Det-L

@KC-W

@Chi-L

Buff-W

Clev-W

GB-L

Minn-W

thats 10 very possible wins right there

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is time we accepted the fact that Houston is for real. They're no longer an assumed "W" on the schedule.

And I count 2 wins I am relatively confident in. The unfortunate reality is that we are not the Peyton Manning/Tony Dungy led Indianapolis Colts anymore. And the assumptions that we have become acclimated to no longer hold water. We're gonna have to earn this from the beginning.

Houston-?

@Houston-L

Jax-W

@Jax-?

Tenn-W

@Tenn-?

Miami-?

@NE-L

@NYJ-?

@Det-L

@KC-?

@Chi-?

Buff-?

Clev-W

GB-L

Minn-?

I think your looking at this schedule as if we were the 2010 colts. Not dominant like the 09 year, but still a force to be reckoned with. Sad truth is, we stink. And even with the new additions, we lost some good players. Like Jeff and Tamme. We lost alot of games last year, even ones against teams we thought would be an automatic "W" in the schedule. I see this year being no different with a rookie QB , new staff, and possibly(probably) new TE and different receiving corps. The team will take time to gel together also.

I think your looking at this schedule as if we were the 2010 colts. Not dominant like the 09 year, but still a force to be reckoned with. Sad truth is, we stink. And even with the new additions, we lost some good players. Like Jeff and Tamme. We lost alot of games last year, even ones against teams we thought would be an automatic "W" in the schedule. I see this year being no different with a rookie QB , new staff, and possibly(probably) new TE and different receiving corps. The team will take time to gel together also.

i think this team will be alot better then last year. we will have a real qb under center and not the poor excuses we had before. we have a much better o-line which will improve our running game, pagano will make our defense a lot better then what we have had in years. im confident we will surprise alot teams this year.

Andy Dalton's Bengals got the help of a possibly #1 D (till Leon Hall went down) to help him get to the playoffs. That is the only way 10-6 happens for the Colts, if our D does a 180 and the pieces of the puzzle fit quicker than expected on D.

The speed of the NFL is an adjustment enough for a rookie QB that playcallers will slow it down for a rookie QB thus relying more on the running game and D. Easier said than done.

Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton all got good help from their D and running game as rookie QBs to be a wild card as a rookie QB.

I don't see 10 wins, but 7 or possibly 8 isn't out of the question. I think the o-line is coming together and if we get a good NT to strengthen the d-line then thats half the battle. I have been saying for yrs. that the team should be built from the inside out, but Polian always done it the other way around. Polian had good skill positions and built the lines with inferior talent. with a strong o-line and d-line this team could be better than expected.

Andy Dalton took the Bengals to the playoffs in his rookie year in a tougher division...Their team isn't much if at all better than ours... Just saying.

Edit: And this was their schedule:

Sun. Sept. 11 at Cleveland 1 p.m. Cleveland Browns Stadium

Sun. Sept. 18 at Denver 4:15 p.m. INVESCO Field at Mile High

Sun. Sept. 25 SAN FRANCISCO 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

Sun. Oct. 2 BUFFALO 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

Sun. Oct. 9 at Jacksonville 1 p.m. Everbank Field

Sun. Oct. 16 INDIANAPOLIS 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

--BYE--

Sun. Oct. 30 at Seattle 4:15 p.m. Qwest Field

Sun. Nov. 6 at Tennessee 4:05 p.m. LP Field

Sun. Nov. 13 PITTSBURGH 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

Sun. Nov. 20 at Baltimore* 1 p.m. M&T Bank Stadium

Sun. Nov. 27 CLEVELAND* 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

Sun. Dec. 4 at Pittsburgh* 1 p.m. Heinz Field

Sun. Dec. 11 HOUSTON* 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

Sun. Dec. 18 at St. Louis* 1 p.m. Edward Jones Dome

Sat. Dec. 24 ARIZONA* 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

Sun. Jan. 1 BALTIMORE* 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

With an established coach, good defense, and a stud WR.. We have none of those

Reggie Wayne? I'd argue our defense is just as good right now. and I will have to disagree on established coach, He really hasn't done anything great and they had a rookie QB so the playbook changed anyway.

With an established coach, good defense, and a stud WR.. We have none of those

Andy Dalton got to play the NFC West and AFC South for 8 out of those games, and 2 with the lowly Browns. A case could be easily made that the NFC West and the AFC South are the weakest divisions in the NFC and AFC due to lack of parity last year (without Peyton) and only the top dog in the divisions (49ers, Texans) were worth anything. So, as expected, the Bengals beat everyone but the 49ers and Texans in those 8 matchups and Browns twice for their 8 wins. Then they beat the lowly Bills for their 9th win.

This year, we play the NFC North and AFC East. Slightly different than NFC West and AFC South that Dalton played.

I can expect us to beat the Browns, Jags and Titans once each plus the Bills and Vikings. 5 wins is probably a reasonable expectation. If we sweep the Jags or Titans or beat the Texans at home, we could inch up to 7.

Reggie Wayne? I'd argue our defense is just as good right now. and I will have to disagree on established coach, He really hasn't done anything great and they had a rookie QB so the playbook changed anyway.

Reggie is a good wr, he is not a deep threat,

Cincy had the 7th overall defense in the league last year (total yards) 9th in scoring So top ten in both, i doubt our D will be anywhere near that good this year,

Say what you want about Marvin Lewis, but he has been a coch in the NFL for 20 years. A DC for 6 years and a HC for 9. Pagano has been a DC for one year.

No way we go 10-6 this season.

1. New Coaching Staff

2. No New Playbook

3. New Quarterback

Look at Jim Harbaugh. What he did in San Francisco. If you are real colts fans you need to Believe in Blue!!!. Alex smith is nothing compared to Andrew Luck or RG3. I believe the colts can and will achieve greatness still.

Look at Jim Harbaugh. What he did in San Francisco. If you are real colts fans you need to Believe in Blue!!!. Alex smith is nothing compared to Andrew Luck or RG3. I believe the colts can and will achieve greatness still.

Believing we will be good in a few years is one thing.. Thinking a rookie HC a rookie GM and a rookie QB will take a 2-14 to 10-6 in its first year is a bit much.

we have made some real nice addition to the team to fill in needs at the safety,o-line,and wr position with still the draft to get more talent for luck.

Houston-W

@Houston-L

Jax-W

@Jax-W

Tenn-W

@Tenn-W

Miami-W

@NE-L

@NYJ-L

@Det-L

@KC-W

@Chi-L

Buff-W

Clev-W

GB-L

Minn-W

This team doesn't have much talent right now and with a rookie QB we would be lucky to be 5-11

They have way more talent on defense,and a few elite guys like on offense.They stunk for so long they finally didn't >>> it up and became good again.

They have way more talent on defense,and a few elite guys like on offense.They stunk for so long they finally didn't >>> it up and became good again.

whos elite? gore maybe? but who else? davis did nothing the whole regular season and neither did crabtree.

Houston-W

@Houston-L

Jax-W

@Jax-W

Tenn-W

@Tenn-W

Miami-W

@NE-L

@NYJ-L

@Det-L

@KC-W

@Chi-L

Buff-W

Clev-W

GB-L

Minn-W

First, I only see 5 wins max on there. Second, I can't believe we play our division back to back against the same team in the first six weeks.....just brutal scheduling! rotflmao

First, I only see 5 wins max on there. Second, I can't believe we play our division back to back against the same team in the first six weeks.....just brutal scheduling! rotflmao

thats not our schedule. thats just a list of teams we're playing