Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC East will soon be Rocking


Recommended Posts

With the Bill's having Josh Allen and Dolphins have Tua, the Jets look like they will be in position to get Trevor Lawrence.  

That's 3 decent to Franchise QB's the cheaters will have to face in their division compared to Zero in last 2 decades. Remember when the Football Gods wouldn't allow the Phinns,Bill's, and Jets a QB? The dolphins passed up on Drew Breese twice and drafted a Tackle instead of Matt Ryan. Lol

 

I just wonder who will be QB'ing the Pat's in near future??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Calling it now:  this thread is/will be cursed.

 

I'll believe in the downfall of the Patriots when their franchise is dead and buried under 40 seasons of mediocrity raining down upon the poor souls unfortunate enough to live in the northeastern United States.

 

And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Belichick pulled off some Noah-esque feat of hoarding pairs of role-players in a boat off the coast until the time came for him to repopulate the Pats roster with cheap FAs and made another run at 5 SBs in 10 years at the ripe old age of 110 years old.

 

belichick-hoodie.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmao next year will have another QB under center, I predict Lawrence upon seeing the Jets have the top pick decides to go back to Clemson and the Jets draft another QB who is a one year wonder and he fails. Lol

 

that said:

 

Jets — until they get a front office AND WELL HC worth anything they will be garbage no matter who is the QB.

 

Bills - a paper tiger that was dismantled by the first true test they had. (Although I am suspicious on how sharp the Titans were w one practice in two weeks)

 

Miami — they actually scare me they will probably end up with two top ten picks AGAIN this year and could have a very good young roster for years to come. I am not sold Tua is the franchise QB till he shows durability. 
 

Pats — as long as e have BB we will be above average on D to top D, oh and will have HC doing the dumbest things when they face them. (See Denver throwing when up by 9 with 6 minutes to go.)  

 

be honest I’m happy with how the Pats have gone this year. Outside of yesterday where they looked rusty as hell but the Broncos still almost handed them the win. (How did Cam miss A wide open Harry by so much!! Lol)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Lmao next year will have another QB under center, I predict Lawrence upon seeing the Jets have the top pick decides to go back to Clemson and the Jets draft another QB who is a one year wonder and he fails. Lol

 

that said:

 

Jets — until they get a front office AND WELL HC worth anything they will be garbage no matter who is the QB.

 

Bills - a paper tiger that was dismantled by the first true test they had. (Although I am suspicious on how sharp the Titans were w one practice in two weeks)

 

Miami — they actually scare me they will probably end up with two top ten picks AGAIN this year and could have a very good young roster for years to come. I am not sold Tua is the franchise QB till he shows durability. 
 

Pats — as long as e have BB we will be above average on D to top D, oh and will have HC doing the dumbest things when they face them. (See Denver throwing when up by 9 with 6 minutes to go.)  

 

be honest I’m happy with how the Pats have gone this year. Outside of yesterday where they looked rusty as hell but the Broncos still almost handed them the win. (How did Cam miss A wide open Harry by so much!! Lol)

 

I didn't see Pat's game yesterday BUT don't need to as you are 100% correct on what I Bolded. That is the norm vs Belichek. And now is the norm when facing Tampa as long brady is with them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Patriots are currently third in the East behind the Bills AND Dolphins. You can really see the lack of offensive talent now that Brady is gone. Cam is holding the ball and taking sacks and throwing picks. Their offense is 25th in scoring. They were 7th last year. I think it is going to be a rebuild for some time there. They don't have a franchise QB and their poor drafting the last few years has caught up with them. A QB like Brady covers up a lot of warts. 

 

It is the Bills division as long as they have Allen and he continues to progress like he has this season. We will see how he does tonight vs the Chiefs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Lmao next year will have another QB under center, I predict Lawrence upon seeing the Jets have the top pick decides to go back to Clemson and the Jets draft another QB who is a one year wonder and he fails. Lol

 

that said:

 

Jets — until they get a front office AND WELL HC worth anything they will be garbage no matter who is the QB.

 

Bills - a paper tiger that was dismantled by the first true test they had. (Although I am suspicious on how sharp the Titans were w one practice in two weeks)

 

Miami — they actually scare me they will probably end up with two top ten picks AGAIN this year and could have a very good young roster for years to come. I am not sold Tua is the franchise QB till he shows durability. 
 

Pats — as long as e have BB we will be above average on D to top D, oh and will have HC doing the dumbest things when they face them. (See Denver throwing when up by 9 with 6 minutes to go.)  

 

be honest I’m happy with how the Pats have gone this year. Outside of yesterday where they looked rusty as hell but the Broncos still almost handed them the win. (How did Cam miss A wide open Harry by so much!! Lol)

Do you want Bill to extend Cam?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FortheWin said:

The Patriots are currently third in the East behind the Bills AND Dolphins. You can really see the lack of offensive talent now that Brady is gone. Cam is holding the ball and taking sacks and throwing picks. Their offense is 25th in scoring. They were 7th last year. I think it is going to be a rebuild for some time there. They don't have a franchise QB and their poor drafting the last few years has caught up with them. A QB like Brady covers up a lot of warts. 

 

It is the Bills division as long as they have Allen and he continues to progress like he has this season. We will see how he does tonight vs the Chiefs.

Lmao the Pats are ONE game behind the Bills and have a vastly superior Defense.  Also they averaged 29 points with Cam (not counting Sundays fiasco where the entire team was rusty from lack of practice) oh and on Sunday there was ONE starter on the O line left after the first quarter. (1 broken hand, 2 COVID the day before the game) 

 

I see us beating the Bills twice (unless This COVID issue continues) and sweeping the East division again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FortheWin said:

Do you want Bill to extend Cam?

No, we need find a new young QB. I still rather had Stidham this year and sank or swam with him.  If he did well and improved as the year went by awesome. If he sucked we draft in the top 10 and get one of the three top QBs coming out. Now we will probably win the East again, and a playoff game or two. And then back to the drawing board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Lmao the Pats are ONE game behind the Bills and have a vastly superior Defense.  Also they averaged 29 points with Cam (not counting Sundays fiasco where the entire team was rusty from lack of practice) oh and on Sunday there was ONE starter on the O line left after the first quarter. (1 broken hand, 2 COVID the day before the game) 

 

I see us beating the Bills twice (unless This COVID issue continues) and sweeping the East division again. 

2 games in the win column behind the Bills so 1.5 games. Miami is ahead of you too by half a game.

 

3 of the next 4 are Niners, Ravens, Bills. Pretty much have to go 2-1 with a one of the 2 wins being the Bills to stay in the mix.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JimJaime said:

No, we need find a new young QB. I still rather had Stidham this year and sank or swam with him.  If he did well and improved as the year went by awesome. If he sucked we draft in the top 10 and get one of the three top QBs coming out. Now we will probably win the East again, and a playoff game or two. And then back to the drawing board.

Yeah, I would assume that would be the position given Cam really does not look all that good. I think Stidham may end up with playing time this year if things continue to go south. That would not be a bad thing to see what you have him before next off-season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

Yeah, I would assume that would be the position given Cam really does not look all that good. I think Stidham may end up with playing time this year if things continue to go south. That would not be a bad thing to see what you have him before next off-season.

 

Stidham will be very good for a balanced offense, Cam's passing has limitations with its streakiness. If the streakiness is more hit than miss, then the Patriots betting on Cam will bear fruit. Otherwise, his legs are the only thing they have leased for 1 year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I bet you are 1000% wrong.   Nelson is the biggest name in the league at G, and it's not even close.  A "bad" Nelson (that gets called for ticky-tack holds that happen on every single NFL play) is still better than 90% of the guards in the NFL.   Your hot-take posts are getting very tiresome.  
    • They have contributed as much their rookie year as the entire group maybe by end of the season, but I doubt there's even a tiny chance of 2 all pros. Even 1 is a major stretch.  I am not sure we have any all pro's on the team since the most deserving one is Buckner (who I count as our first round pick in every way) has impact but no stats to wow anyone not intimately aware of his impact. If he misses this game we may painfully see how valuable.  But their collective impact has certainly added up. 4 starters and 2 solid special teamers in a so far playoff level team is quite a haul for any draft pick class in history.  It is at least adjacent to 2018, unless you don't count Buckner in any way.
    • Nothing against you and I like you as a poster but counting Ballard's 2017 season is a stretch. I realize he was the GM that year (1st year) but he didn't have the Coach he wanted and Luck was out for the year. We went 4-12 that year so his record is a bit skewed because of that. Others have posted the same thing about Ballard's record so you are not the only one and I just don't see how anyone can count that season legitimately. I pretty much go by 2018-this year when he hired Frank and his record would be 25-19 counting the playoffs. Is he the best GM in the league, probably not but he is good. He is responsible for drafting Nelson, Leonard, Mack, signing Houston, signing Rivers and trading for Buckner = great work there. Luck just retiring on the team and McDaniels dissing him even made his job that much harder. 
    • I am late to the party but it doesn't matter because I would've been 1-1 anyway. I had the Lions and Washington so it offsets     Here are my Sunday picks/Monday pick: Ravens 17 Steelers 24 Chargers 19 Bills 27 Titans 27 Colts 30 Panthers 20 Vikings 21 Browns 27 Jags 17 Giants 24 Bengals 10 Cards 27 Pats 23 Dolphins 99 Jets 0 (Fluke's original quote) Saints 24 Broncos 13 49ers 17 Rams 30 Chiefs 34 Bucs 24 Bears 17 Packers 27 Seahawks 31 Eagles 17
    • Yes, love the limited stuff from Harris. I really want to see more routes from him, but overall, love what he's doing. I'd love for him to be a long term answer at slot if Campbell moves to Z.    I'm up in the air on specs. I need to see him hit some long ones, as well as some additional clutch kicks. Glasgow, like I said, I just don't expect much from. Doubt he's ever a contributor on D, but if he kills it on ST, I'm happy.    A buddy of mine (a Ball State grad/fan), thinks Pinter develops into a RT, and the Colts will eventually move Smith over to LT (when AC retires), and let Pinter take RT. I don't know about all that, but I do agree Pinter might develop into more than we think.    I think Pittman will develop into a long term and consistent WR for us. I know he's just starting to emerge, but he just has the look. Good/willing blocker, good hands, etc.. He might not be the 50/50 guy I want, but I also think he might be better at in-stride catching than I thought.    JT, I think he'll be fine once he gets acclimated and use to the run blocking scheme. I don't want to diminish his talent, but most RBs should be able to be successful behind our OL, and he's better than most.    Blackmon is the most interesting to me. He's always been a hammer which I love. He's struggled though in coverage in college, and as we saw, got burnt deep a few games ago. Not sure if he's too aggressive forward, or just struggles with coverage and range. I hope it's just aggressiveness. It definitely helped him when they moved him from CB to S in college, but at the same time, Utah ran a ton of man, which we do not. Love most of what I've seen thus far. I just hope it's not a case where teams get film on him, and start testing him deep a lot. We've been fortunate to play some bad Os early that simply don't go deep a bunch. Will be interesting to follow.
  • Members

    • pgt_rob

      pgt_rob 2,494

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solon

      Solon 586

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DynaMike

      DynaMike 33

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nancy

      Nancy 81

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Lucky Colts Fan

      Lucky Colts Fan 6,658

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mr. Irrelevant

      Mr. Irrelevant 1,117

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Virtuoso80

      Virtuoso80 540

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 11,040

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BeanDiasucci

      BeanDiasucci 152

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mick12Maher

      Mick12Maher 74

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...