Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Reich is not a bad coach he just isn’t a good one.

He's great on personality and stability, lacking in creativity and strategy. Hoping to see him flip the script and prove me wrong though. 

I’ve said this for two years even before Luck retired, this team is average. We were a fringe playoff team before Luck retired(To make the playoffs it took a winning streak that’s only happened one other time in the history of the NFL)

We were above average once things settled in with new player additions. Average teams don't go on runs like that, nor do they make it to the divisional game. I credit mostly the improved OL and Luck settling in. 

, now with captain noodle arm I really don’t see us making the playoffs. Maybe they surprise me but I think this team is about to collapse and be exposed against a harder schedule.

He's never had a cannon. He's always been a touch and timing guy.  He's thrown enough deep balls this year to prove he still has adequate touch. Has he lost velocity, maybe a little, but not so much that it's altered his game, completion %, or deep ball accuracy.

I predict one of our coordinators to be fired after this season.  That’s normally the beginning of the end for a head coach. 

I doubt it. On O, Reich is calling plays and is the brains behind the O, so kicking Sirianni to the curb does nothing. And they have a 3-QB-in-3-years excuse... Which could turn into 4/4. On D, our biggest problem seems to be overly conservative play. Too soft of zone at times, and one of the lowest blitz % in the league. Not sure if that's Flus's doing or Reich's. Flus was much more aggressive in his years in Dallas, and had a pretty good track record there. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are some titles of threads in the last week...........   I think I'm out on Rock Ya-Sin   Is it time to move on from TY Hilton?   Time for Reich to go?   H

After today, I know Rivers can lead us back from a big deficit. He threw for 371 yards and 3 TD's. Today was a huge win, I don't care if someone says well it was the Bengals. Let me tell you, Burrow i

I said in another thread today if the forum was the GM the Colts wouldn’t have kept Hot Rod and wouldn’t have drafted Taylor, Blackmon, or Leonard.  They would have Jordan Love and walker would be on

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He's great on personality and stability, lacking in creativity and strategy. Hoping to see him flip the script and prove me wrong though. 

We were above average once things settled in with new player additions. Average teams don't go on runs like that, nor do they make it to the divisional game. I credit mostly the improved OL and Luck settling in. 

He's never had a cannon. He's always been a touch and timing guy.  He's thrown enough deep balls this year to prove he still has adequate touch. Has he lost velocity, maybe a little, but not so much that it's altered his game, completion %, or deep ball accuracy.

I doubt it. On O, Reich is calling plays and is the brains behind the O, so kicking Sirianni to the curb does nothing. And they have a 3-QB-in-3-years excuse... Which could turn into 4/4. On D, our biggest problem seems to be overly conservative play. Too soft of zone at times, and one of the lowest blitz % in the league. Not sure if that's Flus's doing or Reich's. Flus was much more aggressive in his years in Dallas, and had a pretty good track record there. 

I find this post totally accurate.  Well done.  

:thmup:

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I give you that any team that did the run from 2018 is an above average team.  I just think it was the perfect storm for that season only.  I had the Colts still as a fringe playoff team before Luck retired. We knew KC, Baltimore, NE and Houston were going to be good.  Pittsburgh and San Diego almost felt like locks(turns out they didn’t make the playoffs) and there is always a surprise team(Bills, Titans). Count Indy and that was 9 teams and only 6 were making the playoffs.  I loved our chances(especially winning the division) but it wouldn’t have surprised me if injuries and/or a bad defense caused us to just miss the playoffs.  

Yeah, I know Rivers doesn’t have a noodle arm but I’ve heard multiple podcast state that his arm is shot. He is on pace for 19 TDs and 16 interceptions so I’m going to make fun of the guy.  

I’m still holding firm on my prediction that one of the coordinators will be fired.  It’s just a prediction so means nothing.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I give you that any team that did the run from 2018 is an above average team.  I just think it was the perfect storm for that season only.  I had the Colts still as a fringe playoff team before Luck retired. We knew KC, Baltimore, NE and Houston were going to be good.  Pittsburgh and San Diego almost felt like locks(turns out they didn’t make the playoffs) and there is always a surprise team(Bills, Titans). Count Indy and that was 9 teams and only 6 were making the playoffs.  I loved our chances but it wouldn’t have surprised me if injuries and/or a bad defense caused us to just miss the playoffs.  

Well, we beat Houston twice in that run, including the playoffs. So if you consider them good...... A few teams were obviously on another level, but not many. Our roster was updated that year, especially OL, which took time to gel. And it's improved since. 

As far as good vs average vs XXX. I just keep it simple. 32 teams. We were one of the final 8 that year, so we fell into the top 25%. Regardless of what scale you use, that's not average. We weren't great/elite, but we were better than 75% of the others.

Yeah, I know Rivers doesn’t have a noodle arm but I’ve heard multiple podcast state that his arm is shot. He is on pace for 19 TDs and 16 interceptions so I’m going to make fun of the guy.  

Why do most people have podcasts? Because they can't make it on cable or radio lol.... Not all are bad, but many prioritize shock and clicks. Rivers has averaged about an INT per game. Very similar INT% to Luck. So far he's exactly on track for his average lol. His TDs are down, but that's a product of Reich's dink and dunk. We say he can still throw for 2-3 a game last week when Reich had no choice but to open it up.

I’m still holding firm on my prediction that one of the coordinators will be fired.  It’s just a prediction so means nothing.  

I hear ya. Just don't see it. If anything, I could actually see Flus jumping ship. He's coached in both 3-4 and 4-3 environments, and was sought after before we picked him up. If our D ranks top 10 at the end of the season, he could get suitors. If it's top 5, he'll definitely get calls. Sirianni is a Reich disciple (spent time together in SD/LA), so can't see that happening either, and with him not calling plays, just doesn't solve anything. Only angle I can see, is if Ballard wanted Frank to focus on HCing, and get someone in with more experience to call plays.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Well, we beat Houston twice in that run, including the playoffs. So if you consider them good...... A few teams were obviously on another level, but not many. Our roster was updated that year, especially OL, which took time to gel. And it's improved since. 

As far as good vs average vs XXX. I just keep it simple. 32 teams. We were one of the final 8 that year, so we fell into the top 25%. Regardless of what scale you use, that's not average. We weren't great/elite, but we were better than 75% of the others.

Why do most people have podcasts? Because they can't make it on cable or radio lol.... Not all are bad, but many prioritize shock and clicks. Rivers has averaged about an INT per game. Very similar INT% to Luck. So far he's exactly on track for his average lol. His TDs are down, but that's a product of Reich's dink and dunk. We say he can still throw for 2-3 a game last week when Reich had no choice but to open it up.

I hear ya. Just don't see it. If anything, I could actually see Flus jumping ship. He's coached in both 3-4 and 4-3 environments, and was sought after before we picked him up. If our D ranks top 10 at the end of the season, he could get suitors. If it's top 5, he'll definitely get calls. Sirianni is a Reich disciple (spent time together in SD/LA), so can't see that happening either, and with him not calling plays, just doesn't solve anything. Only angle I can see, is if Ballard wanted Frank to focus on HCing, and get someone in with more experience to call plays.

Jacksonville went to the AFC title game and hasn’t done anything since.  Atlanta and Carolina went to the Super Bowl and basically both collapsed after that.  Sometimes teams just go on a good run.  Yes, you can say they were above average for that last half of the season. The two seasons before and looking like the two seasons after the Colts have been merely average.  Lots of different reasons why but I did think the team was heading in the right direction and had a chance to become elite.  

Im not saying the Colts are bad bc they aren’t.  They just aren’t anything special.  Head Coach is suspect, QB is old, WR group is banged up badly 2nd year in a row...to be called average with that many issues is kinda a compliment lol.  Ballard has done a good job building this roster so it sucks we have Captain Noodle as our best option.  Could be way worse tho 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Jacksonville went to the AFC title game and hasn’t done anything since.  Atlanta and Carolina went to the Super Bowl and basically both collapsed after that.  Sometimes teams just go on a good run.  Yes, you can say they were above average for that last half of the season. The two seasons before and looking like the two seasons after the Colts have been merely average.  Lots of different reasons why but I did think the team was heading in the right direction and had a chance to become elite.  

Sure, teams can just "get on a roll", or even just collapse, but typically, that's not the case. More times than not, there are very specific reasons for the roll. There were a lot of reason in 2018 for the bad start, and roll to the playoffs. Mack was out the first 5 games. AC was out until game 6. Glow didn't take RG until Game 6. Smith didn't take RT until Game 5. We moved started to move on Grant mid season. Hines emerged in week 5. Took a bit for Luck and Ebron to find chemistry. Luck shook the injury rust off. Our D stopped giving up 30+ and 40+ games. I could go on. All was going great heading into 2019 until somebody retired lol. 

46 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sure, teams can just "get on a roll", or even just collapse, but typically, that's not the case. More times than not, there are very specific reasons for the roll. There were a lot of reason in 2018 for the bad start, and roll to the playoffs. Mack was out the first 5 games. AC was out until game 6. Glow didn't take RG until Game 6. Smith didn't take RT until Game 5. We moved started to move on Grant mid season. Hines emerged in week 5. Took a bit for Luck and Ebron to find chemistry. Luck shook the injury rust off. Our D stopped giving up 30+ and 40+ games. I could go on. All was going great heading into 2019 until somebody retired lol. 

Definitely was one heck of a winning streak and everyone really enjoyed it.  Hopefully they can stay competitive this year.  I still enjoy watching them play win or lose

• Like 1
On 10/19/2020 at 2:15 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

@MacDee1975, @MPStack, and @Thunderbolt also had a lot to say when the Colts were losing in the 1st quarter of the game earlier.

How did that work out?  :thinking:

Did the Colts win today?  :neener:

Maybe it's time for some of our esteemed forum members to "go"?  :lol:

Nothing has changed my view that Reich is a subpar coach.  Too many times unprepared, too many losses to lousy teams.