Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Our defense looked lethargic in the 1st Qtr for some reason but Burrow is no joke, he is good. They put us in a huge hole. 

Well, Doyle's fumble on our half of the field on the first offensive drive certainly didn't help any yesterday.

Kinda similar to the Browns game, the D started kinda sluggish but really clamped things down as the game went on.  

Agreed with you, Burrows is a very solid QB.  He also has a very solid set of guys around him between Higgins, Boyd, Green, Mixon and Bernard.

• Like 1
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are some titles of threads in the last week...........   I think I'm out on Rock Ya-Sin   Is it time to move on from TY Hilton?   Time for Reich to go?   H

After today, I know Rivers can lead us back from a big deficit. He threw for 371 yards and 3 TD's. Today was a huge win, I don't care if someone says well it was the Bengals. Let me tell you, Burrow i

I said in another thread today if the forum was the GM the Colts wouldn’t have kept Hot Rod and wouldn’t have drafted Taylor, Blackmon, or Leonard.  They would have Jordan Love and walker would be on

4 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Well, Doyle's fumble on our half of the field on the first offensive drive certainly didn't help any yesterday.

Kinda similar to the Browns game, the D started kinda sluggish but really clamped things down as the game went on.  

Agreed with you, Burrows is a very solid QB.  He also has a very solid set of guys around him between Higgins, Boyd, Green, Mixon and Bernard.

Yeah if they get an O.line that is at least good, they will be a good team in a couple of years. RB's are solid and I like Higgins.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, MFT5 said:

this is not personal just listen. What we who have a problem, is with the scheme and general nonsensical mistakes this team makes. tactical decisions and just amateur fails this team constantly puts stress on the final product. 

Reicht challenged a 10-12 yard play that was obscure that truthfully wasn't that big of a deal. on 2nd down just try another play to get half the yards back and move on. that cost is a TO for no reason. 

Boyd for the bengals 80% only runs slants from the slot. sit inside and make him beat you, not the route. 

and truthfully the constant excuses frank makes for his team are getting old. 

a contender isn't having a close game w the Bengals 

i watch a lot of teams and Frank Reicht is on of the worse play callers in the league.  it's unimaginative, lackluster and the results are directly tied to his inability to understand leverage and game situation 

Your comment doesn't have anything to do with what I meant in my comment.

Debating and opinions are why we are here. 

Just maybe this team is not a talented as advertised ?  The fandom built this team up to super bowl level before the season ever started. Frank don't have an offense full of all pro players. Add the injuries on top of that and they don't look good at times. He is also dealing with sub par playing out of the so called best O-line in the league. The receiving crew is not very good as a whole. We get better play out of the TE position. We are also down half of our double headed running game. 

I am sorry you don't take any of that into consideration when you lay all the blame on Frank. 

For me, even though I don't see it happening anytime soon, but Reich. I feel like he caps this offenses ceiling. Trying to play small ball and west coast passing offense, when you have a gun slinger QB who likes to air it out, and several speedy wideouts who can catch deep balls.

It could be me reading into this to much, but during our last drive with about 4 minutes left and we were trying to close out the win, it looked like Rivers was visibly frustrated after every playcall giving (what looked like) a glare at the sideline. Kept calling obvious runs, and short to no gain pass plays. 

The Bengals secondary never showed they could slow down Rivers all day as he was torching them deep, yet when the game was on the line, Reich reverted to the safe, zero risk play rather than get first downs to drain the clock. I think Rivers thought the same IMO.

24 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Your comment doesn't have anything to do with what I meant in my comment.

Debating and opinions are why we are here. 

Just maybe this team is not a talented as advertised ?  The fandom built this team up to super bowl level before the season ever started. Frank don't have an offense full of all pro players. Add the injuries on top of that and they don't look good at times. He is also dealing with sub par playing out of the so called best O-line in the league. The receiving crew is not very good as a whole. We get better play out of the TE position. We are also down half of our double headed running game. 

I am sorry you don't take any of that into consideration when you lay all the blame on Frank. 

agree to disagree. if yu cant see franks play calling & offensive philosophy doesn't put his team en advantageous positions to even look successful, i can t help you i'm understand. franks play calling and personnel packages actually help the defense stop the offense. 

but yea frank's awesome lol top of his class

17 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Just curious......if we were rid of our #1QB, our coach, our #1 WR, and one of our young, improving secondary players, what would this team be?

The Jets

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

agree to disagree. if yu cant see franks play calling & offensive philosophy doesn't put his team en advantageous positions to even look successful, i can t help you i'm understand. franks play calling and personnel packages actually help the defense stop the offense. 

but yea frank's awesome lol top of his class

Well Franks play calling enabled Rivers to put up 371 yds and 3 tds. 

He also called the play that enabled Burton to run for a TD.

When all you do is look for negative that is all you will see. 

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I hear ya @Four2itus, it's like some of these people just live to complain, no matter what.  And it's the usual suspects like @Moosejawcolt, @Thunderbolt, @JPFolks, @coming on strong, etc.

They think they know better than actual football professionals, and it's like they can't just enjoy the game of football unless it goes exactly the way they want it to...  We're fans.  We're not players.  We're not coaches.  We're not the GM.  We're not the owner.  But the way some people post, it's like they think they're all of the above and a bag of chips!  :funny:

But it's whatever.  I remember the same sort of people saying the same sort of stuff back in 2006.

Any given Sunday.

Any given year.

Enjoy the ride folks.  :thmup:

Real football professionals like you? Ha!

35 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well Franks play calling enabled Rivers to put up 371 yds and 3 tds. 

He also called the play that enabled Burton to run for a TD.

When all you do is look for negative that is all you will see. 

you knw we were playing the Bengals ?

16 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I hear ya @Four2itus, it's like some of these people just live to complain, no matter what.  And it's the usual suspects like @Moosejawcolt, @Thunderbolt, @JPFolks, @coming on strong, etc.

They think they know better than actual football professionals, and it's like they can't just enjoy the game of football unless it goes exactly the way they want it to...  We're fans.  We're not players.  We're not coaches.  We're not the GM.  We're not the owner.  But the way some people post, it's like they think they're all of the above and a bag of chips!  :funny:

But it's whatever.  I remember the same sort of people saying the same sort of stuff back in 2006.

Any given Sunday.

Any given year.

That is the point of the forum to talk about the colts , why do you come here then ?  i dont get it , should we just say after every game no matter what " just keep chopping wood"    .  Why do you get so emotional when people say anything negative about the colts .   The whole point of the a football forum is to talk about decisions the team made with signing players ,coaching decisions , drafting players .   According to you fans have no right to question any decisions general managers make ,or coaches make because if they do they think they know better they actual professionals . sport shows should just shut down for the same reason.

You have no idea if any of us  enjoy the game your just making stuff up trying to throw personal shots because it hurts your feelings when people talk bad about the colts .  It may comes as a shock to you but some people enjoy the game no matter with a  win or loss ,and like talking about the game as it happens .  The literal point of a forum is to talk about the team not just the good stuff .

Just because people post opinions on a fan forum does not mean they think they are a GM  or coach .   Some of the sun shine and rainbow crowd loves to take the fun out of the forum by ruining it with personal shots non stop .  Its okay if your getting over emotional over someones opinion take a break or ignore it and scroll past .   Nothings worth getting worked up over if you believe fans should just watch the game and enjoy then just watch the game and enjoy .  a forum is about debate just like how sports shows say the same things that are said here about the team , that is the point.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Here are some titles of threads in the last week...........

I think I'm out on Rock Ya-Sin

Is it time to move on from TY Hilton?

Time for Reich to go?

How long should the River leash be?

Just curious......if we were rid of our #1QB, our coach, our #1 WR, and one of our young, improving secondary players, what would this team be?

Thank you!   Thank you!!    A thousand times Thank YOU!!

Always appreciate someone trying to restore sanity around here.    These threads make my head go    :explode:

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Here are some titles of threads in the last week...........

I think I'm out on Rock Ya-Sin

Is it time to move on from TY Hilton?

Time for Reich to go?

How long should the River leash be?

That is the point of a forum to debate topics involving the season .   Its fun for people to debate the topics that is why people are here .  Why is this so hard to understand ?  The better question is why on the colts section of the forum are people starting topics  complaining about forum members .  this is not a colts topic but a community topic  why not just debate the actual questions .  if you think these points you brought up are wrong , go through each of them and say why you think they are wrong .  You do not have to start a new topic to complain about people complaining .

I agree that anybody calling for in season firings (Reich), trades (Hilton), or benching Rivers this early are going a little too far.

As far as starting the debate of whether or not we should move on from Rivers next season? Or Hilton? That’s fair. Just to be clear, I think Hilton retires a Colt (in the not so distant future) regardless of his deterioration. And I think Reich, while I have my criticisms, will be safe (like Hilton, I wonder how long he plans on going for). Rivers though? That’s a fair if not obvious debate. I’m interested to see how he does against Baltimore/Pittsburgh and how he holds up in general throughout the season.

22 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

franks positives aren't sustainable 

That's your opinion. That is certainly your prerogative.  It's your choice to filter out anything positive. 

Is there a problem with disagreeing and leaving it at that? 

5 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Actually that was my thread that the OP mentioned "How long should Rivers leash be". It wasn't calling for Rivers to be benched it was a poll seeing what people thought and if you read the results it was actually a landslide in favor of keeping him in there for the season. 

There were 60 votes to stick with Rivers until the end and a total of 59 votes for the other options.

So it was only a landslide when you compare it to other options on their own.

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

You do not have to start a new topic to complain about people complaining .

I did not complain about anyone. I asked a question......if those actions suggested by forum members were actually executed, what would our team be. 

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

Its fun for people to debate the topics that is why people are here .

No offense, but I am here to root for my team. To each his or her own...

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Any given Sunday.

Any given year.

I have been targeted. In today's political  environment, you better be careful calling me out. I joke.  At least people r thinking of me and that is comforting lol

• Haha 3
20 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Just curious.

How much attention do you pay to other coaches and their in-game decisions compared to Reich?

Obviously Belichick is in a league of his own (regardless of cheating), but a number of "darlings" like McVay for the Rams, Shanahan for the 49ers, or Payton for the Saints have made some more-than-questionable calls recently.

Even annual contenders like Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin, Pete Carroll, John Harbaugh, etc. have had their fair share of head-scratchers.

I assume every fanbase outside of NE is quick to "run out of chalk" when they're not winning SBs every other year...  :dunno:

I watch a ton of football. Easily more than any sport. Both college and NFL. And when I'm watching, I'm always looking at it from a play calling perspective on both sides. 

I agree that all coaches have head scratchers now and then when it come to play calling. Reich however seems to have more than an occasion one or two. Hines up the gut is the easy one to point out this year. It wasn't just a one off, it was a pattern. 

Many of the guys above you mentioned have a long history of successful play calling. Reich does not. He's only called plays in LA and here. He was canned in LA after a couple years because his O was bad and likely least balanced in the league. His play calling here certainly hasn't stood out. Like I said, I've cut him a lot of slack due to circumstance. Not saying he needs to be fired or anything like that. I am saying that he has contributed to performance issues as much as anyone though. This isn't a matter of just execution. 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fair enough, I just think with Luck retiring that threw Ballard and Reich a curveball. If Luck was on this team I fully believe we would win 11 or 12 games. I think with Rivers we could still win 10 if he holds up. JB is an 8-8 QB (great backup but average starter at best) so even last year I give Reich a pass. 

Sure, the luck thing was a curveball. That was 1.33 seasons ago though. And having Luck, or not having Luck, has nothing to do with a lot of the things I see, or have seen. Like I said, trying to be patient, and trying not to pass judgement until later in the season. Hope it works out, as I really like Frank as a "guy". I like Pagano as a "guy" to though.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Sure, the luck thing was a curveball. That was 1.33 seasons ago though. And having Luck, or not having Luck, has nothing to do with a lot of the things I see, or have seen. Like I said, trying to be patient, and trying not to pass judgement until later in the season. Hope it works out, as I really like Frank as a "guy". I like Pagano as a "guy" to though.

I will be curious to see if we do beat the Lions then beat the Ravens, if that happens we will be 6-2 and the games will really begin then :thmup:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will be curious to see if we do beat the Lions then beat the Ravens, if that happens we will be 6-2 and the games will really begin then :thmup:

Honestly wouldn't be too surprised if we won both. Detroit stinks, and we match up with Baltimore better than most think.

Assuming Pittman is back for Detroit, It'll be interesting to see if the O changes. We really need an additional outside threat. Hopefully Mo is back in the mix too. It was nice to see Burton be productive vs Cinci, but doubt that will work vs better teams.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Honestly wouldn't be too surprised if we won both. Detroit stinks, and we match up with Baltimore better than most think.

Assuming Pittman is back for Detroit, It'll be interesting to see if the O changes. We really need an additional outside threat. Hopefully Mo is back in the mix too. It was nice to see Burton be productive vs Cinci, but doubt that will work vs better teams.

Leonard should be back vs Detroit as well. I think that is one reason why our defense has struggled the last 2 weeks. He comes back, the D will be better.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Leonard should be back vs Detroit as well. I think that is one reason why our defense has struggled the last 2 weeks. He comes back, the D will be better.

We've struggled vs the pass more than the run, so don't think it's on Leonard being out. Sure, we're better when he plays, but teams have just been attacking our zone like Minshew did. 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We've struggled vs the pass more than the run, so don't think it's on Leonard being out. Sure, we're better when he plays, but teams have just been attacking our zone like Minshew did. 

Leonard is due for a pick 6, he had one last year vs Tampa. I think he gets one vs Detroit, my bold prediction lol.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Leonard is due for a pick 6, he had one last year vs Tampa. I think he gets one vs Detroit, my bold prediction lol.

No doubt he's the best LB vs run or pass. Oke's drop off vs the pass though is pretty concerning. I really thought LB would be one of our strengths this year. Not the case.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Painterman said:

I would like to know who the  replacements should be. Replace TY with? Head coach? How do we  land these replacements? QB who gets that job, how do we get him?

Well clearly they just trade Chad Kelly to Kansas City for the whole organization duh lol.  

On 10/19/2020 at 1:57 PM, Mr.Debonair said:

Overreacting happens both ways. For example, there were ppl who rightfully criticized the defense but ppl kept pounding “but they’re #1.” The eye tested will tell you that the defense is flawed.

Now Rivers has a really good game and he’s Top 10. Overreactions are apart of fandom. Acting like those who don’t agree with the masses are ludicrous and some how bad fans is nonsense

Best post in the topic so far. Let’s not act like they’re aren’t overreactions from both sides. A lot of over rating and over praising happens on the other side...

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Best post in the topic so far. Let’s not act like they’re aren’t overreactions from both sides. A lot of over rating and over praising happens on the other side...

They’ll never acknowledge it! 

14 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

They’ll never acknowledge it! 

I admit it.  Happily.  I'm a homer and an optimist.  :D

And I'd rather be a happy homer than a grumpy "realist" critic.  I'd rather root for 19-0 and be let down than beat the "we're an 8-8 team" drum all season and then brag about how I was right...  :dunno:

I think it's more fun that way, and isn't that the whole point?  This is supposed to be fun.  It's just a game.  We shouldn't be getting frustrated and upset because our team doesn't do as well as we want them to...  just enjoy the ride!  :thmup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

And I'd rather be a happy homer than a grumpy "realist" critic.  I'd rather root for 19-0 and be let down than beat the "we're an 8-8 team" drum all season and then brag about how I was right...  :dunno:

I think it's more fun that way, and isn't that the whole point?  This is supposed to be fun.  It's just a game.  We shouldn't be getting frustrated and upset because our team doesn't do as well as we want them to...  just enjoy the ride!  :thmup:

This is quite possibly the best post I have ever read on this site. It is what I have been saying for decades on internet sports boards. 

You said it more succinctly. Read it homies!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me, some of the luster has worn off the Reich throne.  However, I'm certainly not asking for his head or whatnot.  I would just like to see him a little more prepared to start a game.  There is NO WAY this team should fall behind 21-0 to a very mediocre Cincy team at home.  None.  Kudos to them for figuring things out and getting them back, but that start was horrid and that falls on the HC.

As far as Rivers, not worried.  He will likely be gone after this year IMHO.  I simply can't see him wanting to play another year.  I could be wrong.

Hilton is most likely gone if for no other reason than money.  However, even if he took a pay cut, which I doubt he would, I don't know that the front office would keep him.  He's not the guy he was, and he is now having trouble getting any breathing room.  He's just not WR #1 anymore and he's being paid like it.  Put it this way:  if it's a choice between Mack and Hilton, I'm going Mack.  This too will sort itself out in the offseason.

Having said all of this, I'm still optimistic about the teams' chances this year.  When I look around the league I don't see a Patriots of old.  I don't see a dominant team that is going to beat the snot out of almost any team they face.  All teams have significant issues and can be beaten at any time.  And I think that makes this season all the more exciting to me.  If the Colts get into the playoffs, they will have a chance to make some noise.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

For me, some of the luster has worn off the Reich throne.  However, I'm certainly not asking for his head or whatnot.  I would just like to see him a little more prepared to start a game.  There is NO WAY this team should fall behind 21-0 to a very mediocre Cincy team at home.  None.  Kudos to them for figuring things out and getting them back, but that start was horrid and that falls on the HC.

As far as Rivers, not worried.  He will likely be gone after this year IMHO.  I simply can't see him wanting to play another year.  I could be wrong.

Hilton is most likely gone if for no other reason than money.  However, even if he took a pay cut, which I doubt he would, I don't know that the front office would keep him.  He's not the guy he was, and he is now having trouble getting any breathing room.  He's just not WR #1 anymore and he's being paid like it.  Put it this way:  if it's a choice between Mack and Hilton, I'm going Mack.  This too will sort itself out in the offseason.

Having said all of this, I'm still optimistic about the teams' chances this year.  When I look around the league I don't see a Patriots of old.  I don't see a dominant team that is going to beat the snot out of almost any team they face.  All teams have significant issues and can be beaten at any time.  And I think that makes this season all the more exciting to me.  If the Colts get into the playoffs, they will have a chance to make some noise.

On the first bolded, I'm not sure the luster was ever there. While he's not as bad as he was in SD/LA, he hasn't brought the creativity from Philly (Pederson called plays there to be fair) either. I'm just not sure who Reich really is to be honest. Some would say he did better last weekend, but honestly he didn't really have choice but to open things up after getting down 21. I'd just like to see more creativity, while at the same time, less "cute" but still bland game plans. 

On the second bolded, I'm a lot more confident in our ability to get on a roll in the playoffs with Rivers. Sure there's risks, but at least we'd have a chance. Our Ds not good enough to support a O with limited capability. 

• Like 2
On 10/21/2020 at 2:12 PM, Defjamz26 said:

I think the problem is people take comments out of context on both sides and take it to the extreme.  Example if you say hey I don’t think Frank called a good game someone is going to say you are calling for him to be fired.  At the same time if you say hey Rivers played a good game on Sunday someone is going to take that as you saying Rivers is the best ever QB problems solved!  I think everyone would be better served to just take things at face value and not try to read into it to make your opinion, whatever it might be, stronger.  

11 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

There is nothing wrong with pulling for your time.  That’s why most of us are here.  You shouldn’t be shamed for that.  

With that said, remember people who point out flaws aren’t always doing it to be doom and gloom they are just saying hey this is what I saw and I think it could be a problem.  The vast majority of those people would love to be wrong and for it not be a problem and for the Colts to win every game they play.  I know I am that way when I point out something I think is a problem.  

To me it’s not about being right, although I will admit to some here it is, it’s just reacting to what I saw and if I end up wrong so be it.  If I am wrong and it turns out good for the Colts I’ll be happy to be wrong.  

On 10/19/2020 at 2:29 AM, EastStreet said:

I'm trying to be patient and give him half a season before I'm too adamant either way. Same with Rivers. Normally it's 4-5 games, but going 8 this year since rona... In 2018, he made my head scratch several times, but chalked it up to new system and other things. Last year, I chalked a lot of up to Brissett. This year, I'm running out of chalk.

Reich is not a bad coach he just isn’t a good one.  I’ve said this for two years even before Luck retired, this team is average.  We were a fringe playoff team before Luck retired(To make the playoffs it took a winning streak that’s only happened one other time in the history of the NFL), now with captain noodle arm I really don’t see us making the playoffs. Maybe they surprise me but I think this team is about to collapse and be exposed against a harder schedule.  I predict one of our coordinators to be fired after this season.  That’s normally the beginning of the end for a head coach. 

On 10/19/2020 at 3:37 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is what some in here were saying. No thanks, Rivers is better at 38 lol.

I'll give you Cousins for Rivers. I know you like Kirk. 

• Haha 1