Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are some titles of threads in the last week...........   I think I'm out on Rock Ya-Sin   Is it time to move on from TY Hilton?   Time for Reich to go?   H

After today, I know Rivers can lead us back from a big deficit. He threw for 371 yards and 3 TD's. Today was a huge win, I don't care if someone says well it was the Bengals. Let me tell you, Burrow i

I said in another thread today if the forum was the GM the Colts wouldn’t have kept Hot Rod and wouldn’t have drafted Taylor, Blackmon, or Leonard.  They would have Jordan Love and walker would be on

Well the rivers thread was from last week.  He put that to bed this week.  Anyone calling for Frank to be fired right now is just well wrong.  I think he could do better play calling but he’s 4-2.  He’s not getting fired right now.  

Hilton isn’t the same guy without Luck.  At what point do we maybe say hey maybe Andrew did what great QBs do and made others around him better?  Hilton just looks old.  Also I think that poster means more like move on from him as the number one WR.  I still say with Pittman and Campbell out who do you turn too for that role if not TY?  Do people really think Johnson or Pascel are ready for that kind of role?  I don’t at least not right now.  

As for Rock, I am torn on him.  One position he’s really good and the next he makes bone head mistakes.  Still he’s young and a second year player being asked to be the Colts number one corner.  That’s a lot for a second year kid.  

13 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Here are some titles of threads in the last week...........

I think I'm out on Rock Ya-Sin

Is it time to move on from TY Hilton?

Time for Reich to go?

How long should the River leash be?

Just curious......if we were rid of our #1QB, our coach, our #1 WR, and one of our young, improving secondary players, what would this team be?

Season 2 Yes GIF by CBS All Access

• Like 1

I felt this about Reich if he was the Reich stuff for the Colts team, during the last year or so I've come to the realization that he's not the right fit for this organization.  His play calling, excuses for players that do not perform well, not sure about his staff being held accountable as evident of the lackluster performance at the beginning of each game, where they've been beaten like a drum on the defensive sides, by not making the adjustment early enough so that the offense would have enough time to catch up. Also not utilizing certain key players on a more consistent basis.  The team is not a dominating team as I can see it at this point, and this is based on observation and the lack of coaching that's on display. So, maybe it's time for a change, and Reich may be a casualty here if we don't make the playoffs.

57 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

I felt this about Reich if he was the Reich stuff for the Colts team, during the last year or so I've come to the realization that he's not the right fit for this organization.  His play calling, excuses for players that do not perform well, not sure about his staff being held accountable as evident of the lackluster performance at the beginning of each game, where they've been beaten like a drum on the defensive sides, by not making the adjustment early enough so that the offense would have enough time to catch up. Also not utilizing certain key players on a more consistent basis.  The team is not a dominating team as I can see it at this point, and this is based on observation and the lack of coaching that's on display. So, maybe it's time for a change, and Reich may be a casualty here if we don't make the playoffs.

You have no idea what Frank does or doesn’t do behind closed doors.  Just because he chooses not to go after them in the media doesn’t mean he doesn’t hold them accountable behind the scenes.  There is word for coaches and organization that air their dirty laundry in public.  Dysfunctional.  I think fans wish they would do it that way because they are mad and want to yell at people but they can’t so they want the coach to do it for them.

i remember when people complained Dungy didn’t yell at people enough and Mathis said you have to remember we are grown men doing a job.  We don’t respond well to being yelled at.  Think about it do you work harder for your boss when he yells at you if you make a mistake or do you respond better if he talks to you calmly about it and tries to help you learn from it so you don’t do it again?

• Like 4

After today, I know Rivers can lead us back from a big deficit. He threw for 371 yards and 3 TD's. Today was a huge win, I don't care if someone says well it was the Bengals. Let me tell you, Burrow is really good. TY and Luck had perfect chemistry so that can mess with anyone's mind but TY needs to forget those days and focus on the now. Yes we all know Luck was awesome but Rivers isn't chopped liver lmao 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I hear ya @Four2itus, it's like some of these people just live to complain, no matter what.  And it's the usual suspects like @Moosejawcolt, @Thunderbolt, @JPFolks, @coming on strong, etc.

They think they know better than actual football professionals, and it's like they can't just enjoy the game of football unless it goes exactly the way they want it to...  We're fans.  We're not players.  We're not coaches.  We're not the GM.  We're not the owner.  But the way some people post, it's like they think they're all of the above and a bag of chips!  :funny:

But it's whatever.  I remember the same sort of people saying the same sort of stuff back in 2006.

Any given Sunday.

Any given year.

Enjoy the ride folks.  :thmup:

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I hear ya @Four2itus, it's like some of these people just live to complain, no matter what.  And it's the usual suspects like @Moosejawcolt, @Thunderbolt, @JPFolks, @coming on strong, etc.

They think they know better than actual football professionals, and it's like they can't just enjoy the game of football unless it goes exactly the way they want it to...  We're fans.  We're not players.  We're not coaches.  We're not the GM.  We're not the owner.  But the way some people post, it's like they think they're all of the above and a bag of chips!  :funny:

But it's whatever.  I remember the same sort of people saying the same sort of stuff back in 2006.

Any given Sunday.

Any given year.

Enjoy the ride folks.  :thmup:

I said in another thread today if the forum was the GM the Colts wouldn’t have kept Hot Rod and wouldn’t have drafted Taylor, Blackmon, or Leonard.  They would have Jordan Love and walker would be on a fast train out of town.  

I don’t know about you but I don’t want any of that.  So maybe it’s time for the would be GMs to admit Ballard knows a little more about what he’s doing than they do even if he’s not perfect.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I said in another thread today if the forum was the GM the Colts wouldn’t have kept Hot Rod and wouldn’t have drafted Taylor, Blackmon, or Leonard.  They would have Jordan Love and walker would be on a fast train out of town.  

I don’t know about you but I don’t want any of that.  So maybe it’s time for the would be GMs to admit Ballard knows a little more about what he’s doing than they do even if he’s not perfect.  

Ballard is now 22-18 as GM counting the playoffs, I don't count 2017 as that was Grigson's players. We are doing fine :thmup:

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ballard is now 22-18 as GM counting the playoffs, I don't count 2017 as that was Grigson's players. We are doing fine :thmup:

Especially since the had the guy they built the team around for one of those years and lost him with no chance to pivot and adjust the team right before the start of one season.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Especially since the had the guy they built the team around for one of those years.  

Reason why I don't count 2017 is, Luck was out and Ballard didn't have the coach he wanted to rebuild quicker. He is mainly responsible for things that have happened since 2018. Even then Luck leaving last year before the season started threw him another wrench.

Still not sold on Reich. His early play calling was head scratching like past weeks. He had no choice but to go wide open after being down 20+... IMO he gets no credit for today.  Still not saying to fire him. 

All the other threads I thought were silli-er

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reason why I don't count 2017 is, Luck was out and Ballard didn't have the coach he wanted to rebuild quicker. He is mainly responsible for things that have happened since 2018. Even then Luck leaving last year before the season started threw him another wrench.

Yeah and unless you fall into a situation where you can replace Manning with a Luck it takes more than one off-season to fully adjust a team from losing a guy like Luck.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Still not sold on Reich. His early play calling was head scratching like past weeks. He had no choice but to go wide open after being down 20+... IMO he gets no credit for today.  Still not saying to fire him. 

All the other threads I thought were silli-er

I am not sold on Reich being great or very good, but he is possibly good? He is better than Chuck IMO, Chuck was average IMO so he was ok. Chuck had Luck his first 3 years so that helped.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sold on Reich being great or very good, but he is possibly good? He is better than Chuck IMO, Chuck was average IMO so he was ok. Chuck had Luck his first 3 years so that helped.

I'm trying to be patient and give him half a season before I'm too adamant either way. Same with Rivers. Normally it's 4-5 games, but going 8 this year since rona... In 2018, he made my head scratch several times, but chalked it up to new system and other things. Last year, I chalked a lot of up to Brissett. This year, I'm running out of chalk.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm trying to be patient and give him half a season before I'm too adamant either way. Same with Rivers. Normally it's 4-5 games, but going 8 this year since rona... In 2018, he made my head scratch several times, but chalked it up to new system and other things. Last year, I chalked a lot of up to Brissett. This year, I'm running out of chalk.

Just curious.

How much attention do you pay to other coaches and their in-game decisions compared to Reich?

Obviously Belichick is in a league of his own (regardless of cheating), but a number of "darlings" like McVay for the Rams, Shanahan for the 49ers, or Payton for the Saints have made some more-than-questionable calls recently.

Even annual contenders like Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin, Pete Carroll, John Harbaugh, etc. have had their fair share of head-scratchers.

I assume every fanbase outside of NE is quick to "run out of chalk" when they're not winning SBs every other year...  :dunno:

• Like 4

Hilton hasn’t lost anything I can see on film physical. He’s been double covered which leaves others open. Wait until we develop another threat at WR. 

• Like 1

Time for ? to go??.

How about the fans who way over react when the Colts are not perfect? 

I understand being frustrated but the over the top nonsense gets hard to read sometimes. 

It's like some never want to give credit to other players on other teams at all for making plays. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Time for ? to go??.

How about the fans who way over react when the Colts are not perfect? 

I understand being frustrated but the over the top nonsense gets hard to read sometimes. 

It's like some never want to give credit to other players on other teams at all for making plays. 

this is not personal just listen. What we who have a problem, is with the scheme and general nonsensical mistakes this team makes. tactical decisions and just amateur fails this team constantly puts stress on the final product. 

Reicht challenged a 10-12 yard play that was obscure that truthfully wasn't that big of a deal. on 2nd down just try another play to get half the yards back and move on. that cost is a TO for no reason. 

Boyd for the bengals 80% only runs slants from the slot. sit inside and make him beat you, not the route. 

and truthfully the constant excuses frank makes for his team are getting old. 

a contender isn't having a close game w the Bengals 

i watch a lot of teams and Frank Reicht is on of the worse play callers in the league.  it's unimaginative, lackluster and the results are directly tied to his inability to understand leverage and game situation 

lol so whats better being critical of the team when we underachieve or act like were really good when we barely beat a bottom feeder team like the Bengals. Either way its a forum on the internet where unqualified people get to voice their opinions, nothing will change no matter how much you complain.

• Thanks 1

I don't think Reich is going anywhere this year or next but If we finish under .500 then I could see different coordinators. What I and most of you find troubling is the poor starts on both side of the ball.  

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Just curious.

How much attention do you pay to other coaches and their in-game decisions compared to Reich?

Obviously Belichick is in a league of his own (regardless of cheating), but a number of "darlings" like McVay for the Rams, Shanahan for the 49ers, or Payton for the Saints have made some more-than-questionable calls recently.

Even annual contenders like Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin, Pete Carroll, John Harbaugh, etc. have had their fair share of head-scratchers.

I assume every fanbase outside of NE is quick to "run out of chalk" when they're not winning SBs every other year...  :dunno:

I fully agree. 

Heck there was another coach on the other sideline during our game that was making all sorts of foolish calls. His name is Zac Taylor and he blew a 21-0 lead. 

• Like 2

Fans get both too hyped and too down on the team depending on the score of the respective game(BTW I include myself in that... I'm emotionally invested and sometimes can't help feeling immense frustration or great hope even based on single quarters of play). One week "we are tanking", the next is "just how good will Rivers be in the Superbowl?"... In a way it's understandable but on the other hand it's the exact reason why fans are not in charge of roster moves and decisions. Like the saying goes - you are never as good or as bad as your last game... just let the season play out and lets see the resume of each player/coach and lets judge them then.

• Like 2

Overreacting happens both ways. For example, there were ppl who rightfully criticized the defense but ppl kept pounding “but they’re #1.” The eye tested will tell you that the defense is flawed.

Now Rivers has a really good game and he’s Top 10. Overreactions are apart of fandom. Acting like those who don’t agree with the masses are ludicrous and some how bad fans is nonsense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Overreacting happens both ways. For example, there were ppl who rightfully criticized the defense but ppl kept pounding “but they’re #1.” The eye tested will tell you that the defense is flawed.

Now Rivers has a really good game and he’s Top 10. Overreactions are apart of fandom. Acting like those who don’t agree with the masses are ludicrous and some how bad fans is nonsense

Most of the Rivers stuff I’ve seen is just praising him for a good game yesterday.  I haven’t seen many saying he’s not top 10.

11 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Just curious.

it is even a new thing for Pat fans

13 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well the rivers thread was from last week.  He put that to bed this week.  

I respectfully disagree.

While Rivers clearly had his best outing of the year yesterday, it didn’t do much to allay my concerns about him: namely his mobility (which has never been very good and is now dreadfully bad) and his arm strength (which has been one of his strong points throughout his career...but his current arm has to be among the weakest for starting QBs).

This is a very bad combination to have.  A pocket QB can overcome poor mobility with a strong arm and a weaker thrower can overcome that weakness with mobility.  But combining the two is obviously a problem.

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Fair enough, I just think with Luck retiring that threw Ballard and Reich a curveball. If Luck was on this team I fully believe we would win 11 or 12 games. I think with Rivers we could still win 10 if he holds up. JB is an 8-8 QB (great backup but average starter at best) so even last year I give Reich a pass. 

29 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

I respectfully disagree.

While Rivers clearly had his best outing of the year yesterday, it didn’t do much to allay my concerns about him: namely his mobility (which has never been very good and is now dreadfully bad) and his arm strength (which has been one of his strong points throughout his career...but his current arm has to be among the weakest for starting QBs).

This is a very bad combination to have.  A pocket QB can overcome poor mobility with a strong arm and a weaker thrower can overcome that weakness with mobility.  But combining the two is obviously a problem.

I mean put it to bed as in he’s not getting benched like the thread was calling for that the op mentioned.

28 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I mean put it to bed as in he’s not getting benched like the thread was calling for that the op mentioned.

Actually that was my thread that the OP mentioned "How long should Rivers leash be". It wasn't calling for Rivers to be benched it was a poll seeing what people thought and if you read the results it was actually a landslide in favor of keeping him in there for the season. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Actually that was my thread that the OP mentioned "How long should Rivers leash be". It wasn't calling for Rivers to be benched it was a poll seeing what people thought and if you read the results it was actually a landslide in favor of keeping him in there for the season. 

Yeah but I think the poster here took it as calling for him to benched.  With that said I am for Rivers starting unless they are out of playoff contention then I say play Eason if the coaches think he can learn from it without doing damage to his progression.  Hopefully we don’t see Eason though :).

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I voted 1 more bad outing and I defend Rivers a lot. Losing to the Bengals would've been crushing is why I did. Rivers went for 371 and 3 TD's so at this point I would vote for several bad outings. We had to win yesterday because our schedule gets harder and Rivers got it done :thmup:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I don't think Reich is going anywhere this year or next but If we finish under .500 then I could see different coordinators. What I and most of you find troubling is the poor starts on both side of the ball.  

We had a slow start on O yesterday... otherwise, we've been starting faster on O this year than we have in many years scoring TDs on our first drive in 4 of our first 6 games.  Versus Minnesota Rivers threw a pick (that was the ball which bounced of MAC's chest right around the goal-line) at the end of a very solid drive and then the Colts scored a TD on their second drive.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

We had a slow start on O yesterday... otherwise, we've been starting faster on O this year than we have in many years scoring TDs on our first drive in 4 of our first 6 games.  Versus Minnesota Rivers threw a pick (that was the ball which bounced of MAC's chest right around the goal-line) at the end of a very solid drive and then the Colts scored a TD on their second drive.

Our defense looked lethargic in the 1st Qtr for some reason but Burrow is no joke, he is good. They put us in a huge hole. 

• Like 1