Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1. Burrow is a very good rookie QB that looks the part, plays the part and acts the part of a true #1 draft pick.

2. Add about 10 more handoffs into the mix and this is what our offense should do EVERY week. Spread the field, uptempo offense and use all assets available.

3. I love TY but he needs to to be used out of the slot at this point of his career. 

4. That DeMichael Harris cat is quick and appears to be a smaller version of Hines. Made the same transition in college to RB but seems to be converted back to WR. I'd love to line him, TY, JT, Campbell, Tremon Smitj and Hines up and watch a 100 yard dash!

5. Even with the long end around, the run defense was strong. 

6. Another game, another INT - and boy was it a beauty by the uber athletic and instinctual Blackmon! Very reminiscent of 2006 in the AFCCG when Marlin Jackson appeared out of nowhere to ice that game. Also, our linebackers and db's had like 13 passes defensed - in one game!

7. The defense has looked sluggish in both of the last first halfs.......I attribute that to Leonard being on the sideline. He is by far the heart and soul of the defense and their emotional leader!

8. Marcus Johnson just keeps steadily improving and growing more and more comfortable out there - seemingly following in Pascal's steps. He is definitely the deep threat we need. Time for the Fountain experiment to be shut down and/or try to stash him on the PS. 

9. The direct snap rpo to Burton felt more natural than the same play Brissett tried running in week 1 - am I right?

10. Tyquan Lewis (for about the 100th time) looks better at defensive end than at Under Tackle.....been saying that since was drafted. He needs to stay there. Full stop.

11. Khari Willis is quietly playing like a stud. Have you seen him take a bad angle or ever miss a tackle? Between he and Blackmon neither Odum or Wilson have played many defensive snaps......the drop off in talent is huge.

12. I still love the trio of Doyle, Burton and Ali-Cox - when healthy. The best ability is availability though.....

13. When defense showed up to the game, we outscored them 31-6.....

14. I'd be willing to bet Eason could run that no huddle, spread offense that we saw today next year with the same (but probably better) production as Rivers right now. Just sayin....

15. We have the best Special Teams kickers in the NFL.... Name a duo that is better.

16. A sideline look......when the DLine was getting chewed up by the line coach the ONLY one maintaining eye contact with coach was big Grover. It's no wonder he has steadily improved every year!

17. Good win going into the bye and hopefully come out of the bye week with Turay, Pittman, Alie-Cox and Leonard back in the lineup! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

3. I love TY but he needs to to be used out of the slot at this point of his career. 

Once we get Pittman back, I can definitely see him running mostly out of the slot again.

7. The defense has looked sluggish in both of the last first halfs.......I attribute that to Leonard being on the sideline. He is by far the heart and soul of the defense and their emotional leader!

Agreed. I think it was Leonard giving the D a talk on the sideline, but I could be wrong. Whoever it was, it made all the difference and they came out fighting that next drive.

8. Marcus Johnson just keeps steadily improving and growing more and more comfortable out there - seemingly following in Pascal's steps. He is definitely the deep threat we need. Time for the Fountain experiment to be shut down and/or try to stash him on the PS. 

I've been a bit perplexed at Johnson not getting more playtime when it seems like he has pretty solid chemistry with Rivers on the deep ball, which is what we're desperately needing. Hopefully yesterday's performance earns him some more PT after the bye.

9. The direct snap rpo to Burton felt more natural than the same play Brissett tried running in week 1 - am I right?

So much better!

10. Tyquan Lewis (for about the 100th time) looks better at defensive end than at Under Tackle.....been saying that since was drafted. He needs to stay there. Full stop.

100% agree. He looked great today!

11. Khari Willis is quietly playing like a stud. Have you seen him take a bad angle or ever miss a tackle? Between he and Blackmon neither Odum or Wilson have played many defensive snaps......the drop off in talent is huge.

My biggest issue with Willis is in coverage. It seems like a lot of the blown coverage plays we have involve him and other guys handing their guys off to him, but he's completely out of position. I'm not 100% sure on that, but it's something I've noticed this season.

14. I'd be willing to bet Eason could run that no huddle, spread offense that we saw today next year with the same (but probably better) production as Rivers right now. Just sayin....

I really hope we're able to get some late season PT for Eason to see him actually in a game. With the uncertainty with Rivers next season, we really need to see what we have in Eason, but I don't see that happening unless we're out of playoff contention or have it locked up.

Agree with just about all, especially #10 and what you said about Grover.  But I'd like a little proof (any proof) for #14.  I'm sure he has a better arm than Rivers, but so does Jacoby.  There's a lot more to it than arm strength.

Like @Shive said, I'd love to see him in a game.   I doubt that's going to happen.

• Like 1