Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think I’m Out on Ya-Sin

Defjamz26

I know that he’s a young player and CB is a hard position to transition to from the pros, but I’m not seeing it from him. He’s tough and physical but I’m seeing more negative than positives each week. He’s making the same mistakes over and over again. It’s like each week he’s good for 1 PBU, 2 tackles, 1-2 PI calls, 1 hold, and 3-4 times to be beat in one on one coverage. Today he outdid himself with an unnecessary roughness call by German Suplexing somebody.

The pass defense as a whole has been disappointing, but it could be argued that Rock has been the low spot. The big play he gave up to Higgins was unacceptable. If you’re going to be that fiery and vocal, the play needs to match.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I know that he’s a young player and CB is a hard position to transition to from the pros, but I’m not seeing it from him. He’s tough and physical but I’m seeing more negative than positives each week. He’s making the same mistakes over and over again. It’s like each week he’s good for 1 PBU, 2 tackles, 1-2 PI calls, 1 hold, and 3-4 times to be beat in one on one coverage. Today he outdid himself with an unnecessary roughness call by German Suplexing somebody.

The pass defense as a whole has been disappointing, but it could be argued that Rock has been the low spot. The big play he gave up to Higgins was unacceptable. If you’re going to be that fiery and vocal, the play needs to match.

I'm far from against Rock.  That suplex was kinda ridiculous, and if you look at the angle from the play on Higgins he bit early to try to move in (Burrows made him bite).  Otherwise, he was far from terrible today.  He had 2-3 not-so-good/bad plays today.  He was fine for the rest of the game.  

9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

rock is the colts highest graded corner what stats are you looking at .  Its hard to grade a corner based on eye test during games .  if burrow throws it 40 times and rock is in perfect postion for 36 times so burrow doesnt even look his way then gives up one bad play and another catch it looks bad to you because the camera is not on rock the whole game only when the ball is thrown at him.  looking at the stats he is very good .   people dumped on him last year but was rated the second best rookie corner by pff and made the all pro rookie team

3 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

I'm far from against Rock.  That suplex was kinda ridiculous, and if you look at the angle from the play on Higgins he bit early to try to move in (Burrows made him bite).  Otherwise, he was far from terrible today.  He had 2-3 not-so-good/bad plays today.  He was fine for the rest of the game.  

Agreed

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

rock is the colts highest graded corner what stats are you looking at .  Its hard to grade a corner based on eye test during games .  if burrow throws it 40 times and rock is in perfect postion for 36 times so burrow doesnt even look his way then gives up one bad play and another catch it looks bad to you because the camera is not on rock the whole game only when the ball is thrown at him.  looking at the stats he is

true truth GIF

you wanna say rock is bad prove it , go through how many times rock is targeted at and how many times its caught . go through QBs passer rating vs rock .   this is why pff grades are great for corners , they look at every single pass play and look at rock grade if he is in the right spot to break up the pass .  If rock is getting targeted 10 times while giving up 8 catches and is leaving his man wide open all game then he is bad .   getting beat once a game is no big deal

5 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

The suplex grew from frustration over quite a few bad/questionable calls from the zebras. Rock was a 2x state champion wrestler in high school as a state champion myself have always pulled for the guy. Still young in his career, far from finished product.

You can’t do that,  that’s an automatic flag.  You can even see Walker doing the what are you doing motion with his arms as he’s doing it.  Gotta keep your cool.  

15 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

rock is the colts highest graded corner what stats are you looking at .  Its hard to grade a corner based on eye test during games .  if burrow throws it 40 times and rock is in perfect postion for 36 times so burrow doesnt even look his way then gives up one bad play and another catch it looks bad to you because the camera is not on rock the whole game only when the ball is thrown at him.  looking at the stats he is very good .   people dumped on him last year but was rated the second best rookie corner by pff and made the all pro rookie team

Looking at stats makes people believe the Colts really have the best defense in the NFL, but even us die hards know that ain’t true. I go off the eye test.

He’s getting penalties almost every game. How many games has he not had a flag this season? Off the top of my head 1? And unless I’m looking at the wrong stats, he’s got a PFF rating of 57.6

30 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The pass defense as a whole has been disappointing.

Heading into the Bengals game, the Colts had the #1 passing defense in the league.

In both yards and pass efficiency defense.

You've got high standards my man.

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You can’t do that,  that’s an automatic flag.  You can even see Walker doing the what are you doing motion with his arms as he’s doing it.  Gotta keep your cool.  

I agree cant let refs in your head but the terrible calls was the reason for him doing it. He needs to stay cool in that situation.

He's only going to get better.  It takes time to master his position.  It's like a fine-wine.  Be patient.  I like his strength and his speed.  Did he mess up today a few times, yes, no doubt.  It's going to happen.  Reich should have had him out of the game after his brain-fart WWF move.  But NOOO, Reich left him in.

1 hour ago, HectorRoberts said:

I thought he did good good today he had a lot break up and defections

He was good and bad, more good than bad but his two bads were pretty costly.  Still like I said he’s a second year player being asked to be a number one corner.  That’s a lot.  

I was * at the penalty at the time.  And still wouldn’t condone it moving forward but now that we won, I wonder if it sets a tone and he starts getting an enforcer reputation.  

this team being known for toughness on defense hasn’t been a calling card for a long time. 

6 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

He's only going to get better.  It takes time to master his position.  It's like a fine-wine.  Be patient.  I like his strength and his speed.  Did he mess up today a few times, yes, no doubt.  It's going to happen.  Reich should have had him out of the game after his brain-fart WWF move.  But NOOO, Reich left him in.

Frank doesn't like to hurt player's feelings.

the suplex was from the angle the bengals player had ... he simply didn't want the player to gain more yardage. he was pulling him back and the bengals player finally gave up. result is a rock bottom. be thankful he's trying his best bc i cant say the same for the rest of the defense

27 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I was * at the penalty at the time.  And still wouldn’t condone it moving forward but now that we won, I wonder if it sets a tone and he starts getting an enforcer reputation.  

this team being known for toughness on defense hasn’t been a calling card for a long time. 

thank yu. He was showing effort and not giving up on the play 

8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Looking at stats makes people believe the Colts really have the best defense in the NFL, but even us die hards know that ain’t true. I go off the eye test.

He’s getting penalties almost every game. How many games has he not had a flag this season? Off the top of my head 1? And unless I’m looking at the wrong stats, he’s got a PFF rating of 57.6

You have to pay to unlock the real stats . Are you sure your not looking at qb rating of opposing quarterbacks throwing his way . Pff has loved rock .

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I wanna know, Did Rock wrestle at some point, that was a perfect Supe!

state champion in high school. Can not fault the guy for playing until the whistle. I had a coach that could look past bad penalties if they were made while trying to make a play or play til the whistle. Rock was doing that on this play. I like the intensity and the physicality. I doubt he’ll make that mistake again. 

I was frustrated with him during the 1st half for sure. 

I won't say he completely redeemed himself in the 2nd half, but we didn't hear much about him for the rest of the game, which is good news. 

He still has much to learn. He's got to realize that some refs allow a little play, and then others (like yesterday) are ridiculously strict. 

28 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

He's a little inconsistent at times, but he's only in his second year. He's getting better and better for sure.  

Would you rather have Quincy Wilson back? 

aa651148406a5361-happy-face-sad-face-gif

At this point in their careers they were basically the same player. Clearly talented and physical receivers who always got penalized for being too grabby and got beat. Actually if I’m not mistaken Wilson had a higher PFF grade his rookie and 2nd year than Ya-Sin does.

17 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

You have to pay to unlock the real stats . Are you sure your not looking at qb rating of opposing quarterbacks throwing his way . Pff has loved rock .

I’m looking at his overall grade which is 57.6

He has the desire to get better.  I think he has the physical capability.  I'm not sure about the coaching, or that the scheme does him any good.  I'd like someone to tell me I'm wrong about that.

It's not like we have Deon Sanders Jr. waiting to take over his playing time.  

I think at the end of the day he’s a pretty average player. Sometimes he’s good, sometimes he’s not good. He’s like Rivers. He’ll flash just enough to keep you hopeful, but ultimately just average, or worse if the bounces don’t go your way. I definitely don’t want to see a long-term commitment to him at this point. 

Archived