Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it time to move on from Hilton?

32 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Or you draft another QB.  A fourth pick isn’t a guy you have to give a chance too.  If the Colts let Rivers walk or he hangs them up there is a good chance the Colts take a QB high and let them battle it out with Eason for the starting job and the other becomes the backup.  Remember Jacoby is probably gone too so the Colts are going to have to do something about the backup slot at least even if you go with Eason and while I know people are going to say but they have Kelly my guess is they will want a more experienced vet to help mentor Eason.  

With that all said I expect them to keep Rivers if he keeps playing like has the past couple of weeks.  

I agree. If Rivers does not return the Colts will be looking for 2 other QBs. 

If he does return they will be at least looking for one. They may pick one up in the draft in a later round?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

should have moved on in 2019 when I made thread about trading ty

He needs to be option 2 or 3. Having him at the 1 isn’t the move anymore. Maybe move him to the slot for most of his plays

Don't get me wrong. I'm the biggest Hilton fan, however the production is just not there without Luck. He hasn't had a 100 yard game for 16 straight games now following another lackluster performance.

On 10/20/2020 at 3:03 AM, JackOLantin said:

Hilton is far more savvy than he gets credit for.

the biggest difference fri. Hilton I saw in this game was he just didn’t seem to want it.

even when he didn’t get the flags he was just kind of indifferent!

very odd, doesn’t look like a physical decline to me definitely more mental.

any one else notice this?

I'm with you.  I have said this since week 1.  Biggest disappointment this year is Hilton playing with no heart or passion.  Just looks like his head is somewhere else this year...

On 10/24/2020 at 3:08 PM, CR91 said:

I can't see Ballard using a first on a WR

Maybe that is why we don't have a #1 WR on the team.  At some point the trenches are built and we need to get a real, must double team every snap, threat at WR. 

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Maybe that is why we don't have a #1 WR on the team.  At some point the trenches are built and we need to get a real, must double team every snap, threat at WR. 

The trenches should continue being built continuously IMO

15 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'm with you.  I have said this since week 1.  Biggest disappointment this year is Hilton playing with no heart or passion.  Just looks like his head is somewhere else this year...

Or he just isn't having the ball thrown to him much this season. Hard to know what's going on with Hilton in his head.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The trenches should continue being built continuously IMO

I agree, to an extent. Trenches can be built up but if you're relying on lower end talent to throw the ball to, eventually it won't matter how good the O/Dline is.

• Like 1
On 10/18/2020 at 10:23 PM, Mr.Debonair said:

He needs to be option 2 or 3. Having him at the 1 isn’t the move anymore. Maybe move him to the slot for most of his plays

I said that , with parris out we needed to move Hilton to the slot. It’s not a knock on him he has been a great player for us but at this point in his career he is just not as quick and doesn’t have the same speed he once had, Even his hands was questionable at times this year with easy drops. Now can he still be effective yes I think he can but at this point I don’t see him winning the match up against the opponent top Cb. 

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I agree. If Rivers does not return the Colts will be looking for 2 other QBs. 

If he does return they will be at least looking for one. They may pick one up in the draft in a later round?

We need to upgrade the TE position more than wr I think , the biggest issue I see with the wr group is we just don’t have someone to legitimately take the top off the defense after losing parris. Ty just doesn’t have that ability anymore so a lot of our passes are contested catch not the easy run by a guy type passes. And to me when u don’t have a guy that can take the top off of the defense it’s like a trickle down effect defenses play tighter coverage, LB cheat up more etc...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jbaron04 said:

We need to upgrade the TE position more than wr I think , the biggest issue I see with the wr group is we just don’t have someone to legitimately take the top off the defense after losing parris. Ty just doesn’t have that ability anymore so a lot of our passes are contested catch not the easy run by a guy type passes. And to me when u don’t have a guy that can take the top off of the defense it’s like a trickle down effect defenses play tighter coverage, LB cheat up more etc...

One thing to keep in mind is Rivers does not have a rocket arm and don't go down field as much as Luck did thus TY over the top is not as prevalent. 

It's hard to tell if TY has lost his ability when he is not used like Luck used him. 

We as an offense don't go downfield or over the top like we used to. 

if it were up to me id say maybe a modest one year deal after this but no more than that

he will be 32 by the end of next season, i dont think we can commit much to him considering how hes played this year 

TY is and always has been a speed guy. He is a great WR but unfortunately age will catch up to him and the speed goes away.  Other great WR as they get old can rely on there positioning aka height when it comes to catching the ball.  TY doesn’t have the luxury he is all speed.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

One thing to keep in mind is Rivers does not have a rocket arm and don't go down field as much as Luck did thus TY over the top is not as prevalent. 

It's hard to tell if TY has lost his ability when he is not used like Luck used him. 

We as an offense don't go downfield or over the top like we used to. 

Watching every game this year Ty looks a step or two slower 

9 hours ago, Kyle said:

Its called getting old. The passion and heart may be there, but the legs are not.

On 10/18/2020 at 10:25 PM, krunk said:

There is still 10 more games. I believe my guy will come around.

Agree , it's just been circumstances---dinged up, game situations, corner covering him, etc.  I also feel that he has had something bothering him like either the Colts didn't lock him up already <<OR>> a hammy or something minor causing a slow up.  He WILL be back with a vengeance because that's the type of guy he is, and he is still lighting fast.